Author Topic: Jews must be prepared for the unimaginable : Scare in Connecticut  (Read 1223 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
This news comes as a shock to me because it hits close to home. My mother lives in Westport CT and it is very troubling to hear that a terror scare at a synagogue happened in that town... It is time for all Jews to meet with their Synagogue community and make a security plan. I am under the belief that more attacks on synagogues are coming. Make sure that at least one or two members of the community are armed at all times during synagogue functions. Hire security staff to ensure that those attending the functions are truly members of the community and not intruding terrorists.

http://www.thehour.com/news/westport/incident-at-temple-israel-in-westport-prompts-lockdown-of-area/article_72a7a7aa-5e84-54d4-b66c-6a64c912af1b.html

By ROBIN SATTLER
Hour Staff Writer
WESTPORT --Police are investigating an alleged gun-wielding intruder who was spotted at a Friend's of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) luncheon at Temple Israel Tuesday afternoon.

The incident rattled guests at the womens luncheon, including Westport/Weston Probate Judge Lisa Wexler who ran from the Coleytown Road Temple with the rest of the attendees.

A lockdown was quickly put in place at both Coleytown Elementary and Middle schools around 1 p.m., as police investigated the scene. Both were lifted at approximately 1:45 p.m.

An incident at Temple Israel in Westport caused a lock down at nearby Coleytown Elementary School on Monday afternoon.
"I'm still shaking!" Wexler said. "There were about 100 people at the luncheon and a young soldier was speaking about Seeds of Peace and then the next thing you know, I heard raised voices and saw a very big, burly figure outside of the luncheon."

Wexler said she heard someone start screaming, "there's an intruder, get out, get out now!" when she decided to bolt from the room.

"I saw a scuffle, it looked like someone was trying to enter the room," Wexler said. "I'm not sure if the burly man was the intruder or was trying to prevent the intruder from coming in, I'm not sure, but I didn't waste too much time, I thought, I have to get out of here!"
As she began running from the room, Wexler said she saw a young woman "screaming at the top of her lungs to call 911."

"As I was leaving, I saw four zooming police cars on their way in," Wexler said. "In this day and age, all you need to hear is that there's an intruder around. It's possible that someone was on edge because I didn't hear any shots or see anything, it was nothing like that. I just heard someone screaming at the top of their lungs, get out now, there's an intruder."

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Jews must be prepared for the unimaginable : Scare in Connecticut
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 05:33:13 PM »
If the "intruder" turns out to be a white "Christian", this story will be milked to death. If (as is more likely) it is a Muslim or Negro, the story will face the same fate as 60 million unborn children, it will be aborted.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 06:15:02 PM »
Jews in Shuls are obviously a target and should always be prepared for an attack by having various members of the Shul armed (notwithstanding the prohibition of carrying anything on Shabbos).  We Jews have to be proactive and always ready -- especially in our Shuls.  So, YES!, we MUST be prepared.  Anything less is an invitation to be slaughtered.  And yes, it obviously would be better to hire off-duty cops as guards, but not all Shuls can afford this.  But if they can afford it, then that's the way to go.  But either way, we can't be sitting ducks any more!

NEVER AGAIN!

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 07:39:15 PM »
Things are going to get real bad if we don't get Osama out soon!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 08:09:43 PM »
According to Rambams Sefer Zemamim/Shabbat the law is that we are permitted to be armed when protecting the community from intruders bent on killing Jews.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/935201/jewish/Shabbos-Chapter-Two.htm
Halacha 23

[The following rules apply] when gentiles lay siege to Jewish cities:89 If their intent was financial gain, the Sabbath laws should not be violated because of them, nor are we allowed to wage war against them.90 If a city is located near the border, however, we should march against them with weapons and wage war against them even when they are demanding hay or straw.91

In any location, if the gentiles' intent was Jewish lives, or if they engaged in battle with a city or laid siege to it without stating a specific intention,92 we must wage war against them, and the Sabbath laws should be violated because of them. It is a mitzvah93 for every member of the Jewish people who can come [to their assistance] to go out and aid their brethren who are under siege and save them from the gentiles [although it is the] Sabbath. It is forbidden to wait until Saturday night.

After they have saved their brethren, they may return home with their weapons on the Sabbath, so that a dangerous situation will not be created in the future.94

Halacha 24

Similarly, if a ship is sinking at sea95 or a city is surrounded by a [flooding] river, it is a mitzvah to go out on the Sabbath and use every possible means to save them.

Even when a single individual is being pursued by gentiles, by a snake, or by a bear with the intent to kill him, it is a mitzvah to save him, even when it is necessary to perform several forbidden labors on the Sabbath. It is even permitted to forge weapons to save him. Similarly, we should cry out [to God] on their behalf, make supplications,96 and sound the trumpets97 to summon help for them.98

We should not cry out [to God] or make supplications because of plague99 on the Sabbath.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 08:59:34 PM »
Baruch Hashem the 'intruders' were captured and charged...  But I still believe that all synagogues need to review their security plans before a real terrorist arrives on our property.

What disgusting dullards...

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 12:41:30 AM »
Must be Pedofronters, unless they were white Muslims such as Bosnians or Albanians.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 08:25:10 AM »
Very Wise to be on your guard...Islam recruits all nationalities to murder for them.