Author Topic: Suggestion for JTF Forum - Attention Shlomo  (Read 1017 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Suggestion for JTF Forum - Attention Shlomo
« on: May 21, 2015, 12:31:25 AM »
Shalom,

I run a SMF forum at work and know about plugins. Would it be possible to add the Facebook/Twitter plugin to JTF? I was thinking it would be nice to be able to 'Share' a post on JTF on our Facebook pages. Within the last few months I finally 'broke down' and applied for a Facebook account. I seldom use it and have only two friends but I use it mainly to comment on Arutz Sheva's comment section along with some other news sites. I also use Discus and other talkback systems.

Here is a link to the SMF plugin for Facebook/Twitter sharing...

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2827

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=391753.0
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Suggestion for JTF Forum - Attention Shlomo
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 12:32:28 AM »
Befriend 'Grateful Kahanist' on Facebook and you will be cool.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 07:49:26 AM »
I will look into this. I do not want Facebook and Twitter tracking our users. As you well know, I have a emphasis on security and privacy for our users.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 05:32:26 PM »
I am not sure if this plugin allows facebook to track users or rather people who use JTF and facebook to share articles on JTF with their circle of friends. I am new to Facebook and don't really know much about it though.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 05:37:43 PM »
Befriend 'Grateful Kahanist' on Facebook and you will be cool.

just added you on FB
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein