Author Topic: Don't Give Up!  (Read 553 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Don't Give Up!
« on: May 27, 2015, 01:50:01 AM »
Shalom,

While driving home this evening I listened to a song I didn't realize was on my USB flash drive. Peter Gabriel's 'Don't Give Up' which moved me. I wanted to share this song with all those who are going through a tough time at this moment. I know several people who are dealing with issues which are earth-shattering. Life and death, sickness and health, happiness and depression, each of the extremes of life present themselves in their allotted times.

Listen to this and let your soul expand.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Don't Give Up!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 02:00:04 AM »
This Styx song from the 80s 'Fooling Yourself (Angry Young Man)' remains one of my favorites. Styx was the 1st band I ever saw live (when I was only 16 years old)...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 02:09:50 AM »
When the song 'Touch of Grey' came out it was an instant hit. This was novel for the Grateful Dead to have an album, and a song, go straight to the top of the charts. But then again some people don't believe in miracles.

Whenever this song comes on the radio it revives my spirit.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 02:37:03 AM »
One thing which has always worked for me when I am feeling challenged is to contemplate the entire creation, from the expanse of the universe to the miniature creatures which inhabit our world. Nature is a humbling experience, placing the human being in perspective to the awesomeness of the infinite creator.

Nature contains the cycles of the planets and stars, the rise and fall of the temperature and the tides, and the changing of the seasons. Animal life is impacted by the cycles of nature and life and death hangs in the balance. It is beautiful to watch and at the same time it touches an inner part of the soul in a way which is difficult to describe.

I find these High Definition nature clips to be inspiring. Sometimes we use these clips at my work for demonstrating our decoders on HDTV's (even the new 4k2k videos).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 02:53:30 AM »
One more...

My friends son exposed this video to me when they visited last week. As a cat lover myself I find it awesome when we can see how big cats and small cats share a great deal of personality. In this video a man in Africa has domesticated lions and can have a relationship with these big cats which we do not see often.