Author Topic: Naftali Bennet Proposes Idea I thought of last year  (Read 858 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Naftali Bennet Proposes Idea I thought of last year
« on: June 08, 2015, 01:28:16 AM »
I don't know if he reads JTF and got the idea from my post, and I doubt I was the only one to think of this idea, but it seems like a case of 'I thought of it first'...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/196406

Education Minister Naftali Bennett, head of the Jewish Home party, had a simple message on Sunday with regards to the attempts to boycott Israel.

Bennett, who spoke at a conference at the Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) in Herzliya, said that in response to the boycotts, Israel should simply “boycott the boycotters”.

“Let it be clear to any company or organization that is considering boycotting us: We will hit back. We will attack our attackers. We will boycott our boycotters,” he declared, adding that “the boycott is a double edged sword”.

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,75001.msg628105.html#msg628105

It is time to start the movement of supporting Israel against the haters and wicked enemies of the Jewish state.

I propose that a list of companies to buy from be based on the list of companies which are on the BDS list of companies to boycott. We should prefer to buy from companies which sell products made in Israel (preferably by Jews in Jewish land as opposed to arabs working in the Jewish state)... We should likewise Boycott (by not buying products from) companies which are supporting the boycott of Israel through whatever means. We should Divest any investments in any company or entity which supports anti-Israel policies. And we should Rebuke and Sanction them as racist and antisemitic companies.

(edited mispelling in title)

Seems mightily similar...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14