Author Topic: Tom Tancredo  (Read 2319 times)

Offline snowshoe

• Junior JTFer
Tom Tancredo
« on: August 02, 2007, 08:46:05 AM »
Before he became a candidate for president, Tom Tancredo was telling Americans that the U.S. should threaten to bomb Mecca if Islamic terrorists successfully detonate a nuclear device in America.

In July of 2005, he said on Fox News, "If this [terror attack] happens, and if, in fact, we can prove that it was perpetrated by some fundamentalist Islamic - 'Islamo-fascist' is really I think what we should call them - then you might think about this as a threat, the retaliation on their holy sites.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007/8/1/171821.shtml?s=al&promo_code=37EA-1

This is my man .
Forever, O Lord, Thy Word is settled in Heaven.

newman

Re: Tom Tancredo
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 08:58:13 AM »
That's the first sensible idea I've heard out of Washington in Years!

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 02:28:41 AM »
Tancredo can be trusted on both Iran and on domestic policy.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 05:34:18 AM »

Do you not think a more well-rounded candidate has a better chance?  Hunter has a good military record and would be credible with national security. 

Tancredo talks a lot about immigration--in fact, this is the basically all he discusses.  In addition to discussing the issue, Hunter ensured that a border fence was built in San Diego. 

Hunter has a record of defending conservatives for more than a decade--not Republicans, but conservatives. 

Tancredo is also careless at times with words which would get him in trouble during an election.  I like Tancredo, but Hunter is the better candidate.  Tancredo is probably my 2nd choice. 

Offline MARINO

• Junior JTFer
  • "Semper Fi"
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 09:31:51 AM »
I like Tancredo as my second option after Hunter!

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 12:40:41 AM »
I don't think Tancredo will win, but I still back him because he intimidates the other candidates into being more right-winged.

kellymaureen

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 11:00:31 AM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,251958,00.html

Tancredo wouldnt even cave into the muslim congressmen ha ha....ellison has "asthma" uh huh, he doesnt like Tancredo and tried to make a big deal over nothing.

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 07:40:19 PM »
Tancredo also introduced a bill to eliminate the black and hispanic caucuses in congress.
He would not back down on his attacking mecca, and medina, remark.
All the other candidates are trying to sound like Tancredo now, what happens after they get nominated.
Hunter is actually even lower than Tancredo in the polls.
I will take Hunter as the second choice behind Tancredo.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.