Author Topic: What is the JTF'S position on Mike Huckabee  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Zev

• New JTFer
What is the JTF'S position on Mike Huckabee
« on: July 27, 2015, 11:10:18 PM »
I am aware that the JTF had initially endorsed Mike Huckabee for President in 2012 and I am aware that the JTF is officially endorsing and pushing for Ted Cruz, however I was wondering what your position on Mike Huckabee is during the current campaign? He along with Ted Cruz are the strongest supporters of Israel amongst the current Republican candidates so I was wondering why you endorsed Ted Cruz over Mike Huckabee this time? Is it because you feel that Ted Cruz might have a better chance of winning the Republican nomination? Mike Huckabee does have a long and an impeccable record when it comes to Israel and the right of the Jews to live in Judea and Samaria plus he goes there usually several times a year. If you notice he refused to back down today  when criticized by the left and the press for saying that "Obama" was leading Israel to the "doors of the Oven"

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: What is the JTF'S position on Mike Huckabee
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 11:39:56 PM »
Rick Mercer on talking to Americans got Mike Huckabee to congratulate Canada on completing its national igloo, so I don't think this is the guy to lead a nation, as much as I support him otherwise.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 07:20:02 PM »
I would like to know what eveyone here feels about Huckabee's comments comparing the Iran deal to the Holocaust.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 08:30:31 PM »
Mike Huckabee can't be relied upon, he backed out of running in 2012 & that left us with the disaster of having to back Romney.  :yuck:
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Chiram

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 08:47:23 PM »
Using such vivid iconography as the ovens in the nazi death camps, Huckabee managed to keep the Iran issue alive as Obama's america and the world want nothing more than to capitulate, go back to business as usual and pretending all is well.

Though the logic is sound, Huckabee's choice of words is generally regarded as shocking, even within his own camp, and will not contribute much to benefit his campaign.

This is an opportunity for Ted Cruz to defend Huckabee's logic, yet use his superior rhetorical skills to transmit a more effective message.

On a side note, European spin doctors have already distorted Huckabee's comments, succeeding in portraying him as a racist Christian extremist to the general population. 

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 09:38:34 PM »
I agree with the Mick! On a lot of issues he is good, but he also supports commen core.... The Gestapo school program!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2015, 10:50:26 PM »
I would like to know what eveyone here feels about Huckabee's comments comparing the Iran deal to the Holocaust.

Excellent comments by Mike Huckabee.  He's a true friend of Israel.

Regarding the reaction to Huckabee's comments,  good job by ZOA in their support of Huckabee.

http://zoa.org/2015/07/10291703-zoa-agrees-with-huckabee-iran-deal-could-lead-to-holocaust-like-massacre-of-jews/

On the other hand,  horrific job as usual by ADL:

http://www.adl.org/press-center/press-releases/holocaust-nazis/adl-sharply-criticizes-huckabee-comment-7-26-15.html#.VbbsmFtRGM8

Just as bad is the response by Ron Dermer,  the Israeli ambassador to the United States:

http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/international/dermer-criticizes-huckabee-holocaust-iran-deal-analogy
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Zev

• New JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 07:49:52 PM »
Thanks for adding those links to your reply eb22. So is it generally agreed that after Ted Cruz ,Mike Huckabee would be your second choice for the Republican Nomination?

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 12:21:36 AM »
Thanks for adding those links to your reply eb22. So is it generally agreed that after Ted Cruz ,Mike Huckabee would be your second choice for the Republican Nomination?

My pleasure,  Zev.   

You are correct that Mike Huckabee is my 2nd choice for the Republican Nomination.  W/o saying,  my 2nd overall choice as well.

My top 6 choices currently are:

1.  Ted Cruz
2.  Mike Huckabee
3.  Rick Santorum
4.  Bobby Jindal
5.  Scott Walker
6.  Marco Rubio

I'm interested to see what transpires in the debates,  as some of the candidates could move up or down.   But based on my financial and overall support for Ted Cruz,  he will almost certainly remain my top choice unless he no longer has a mathematical chance at winning the Republican Nomination.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 12:28:08 AM »
Not surprisingly,  Chris Christie and some other RINO candidates for President aren't comfortable with Mike Huckabee's comments.   While I have concerns regarding Donald Trump,  at least he's comfortable with Mike Huckabee's comments:

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-07-29/chris-christie-mike-huckabee-s-iran-statement-wasn-t-smart

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 08:54:30 AM »
I don't think Mike Huckabee will be the nominee, but at least he stands up for principles and supporting Israel.   We really need Ted Cruz.  Walker supports Israel too, as well as Rubio.