Author Topic: Curt Schilling makes Nazi-Muslim comparison, is removed from ESPN LLWS Coverage  (Read 1706 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.

Political correctness strikes again.

It didn't take long for Curt Schilling to backtrack.  He should have remained firm.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/espn-removes-curt-schilling-from-little-league-world-series-broadcast-after-offensive-tweet
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I think that he should be scolded for false  historical revisionism. It's not true that just 7% of Germans were Nazis. Predumably he uses membership in the Nazi party as the criteria. In 1940 it is more like 70% then 7% if you measure by who actually supported the Nazi regime.

Of course it is equally not true that only 5-10% of muslims are extremists. The vast majotity of them are extremists.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
I think that he should be scolded for false  historical revisionism. It's not true that just 7% of Germans were Nazis. Predumably he uses membership in the Nazi party as the criteria. In 1940 it is more like 70% then 7% if you measure by who actually supported the Nazi regime.

Of course it is equally not true that only 5-10% of muslims are extremists. The vast majotity of them are extremists.

While the percentage numbers you mentioned are very likely much closer to actuality than the number Curt Schilling mentioned,   I still believe that Schilling's comments were more beneficial than damaging.   It's important that many more people make the connection of Islam with Nazism than currently is the case. 
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
No connection at all.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
I'm sure that if Schilling made a bad comment about Donald Trump, he wouldn't be fired.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist

I thought it was in the nineties (Germans who supported Nazism).

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
I was trying to be conervative.

I thought it was in the nineties (Germans who supported Nazism).