Author Topic: Is Quora an anti-semitic website?  (Read 897 times)

Offline Astralzest

• New JTFer
Is Quora an anti-semitic website?
« on: September 28, 2015, 11:51:24 AM »
I ask because I signed up on that site a few days ago to ask how I could find out more about individual family members that died due to the events of the holocaust. I asked nicely, and found that question was immediately flagged with ''needing deletion'' and also with ''possibly insincere'' even though it did not violate any terms of service. [Here is the link to the question I posted] https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-learn-more-about-distant-family-that-I-lost-due-to-the-events-of-the-holocaust

I found that some users were anonymously following every question I posted and flagging/deleting them too. I later found a blog by a person under the alias of ''Meredith Lesly'', who said that people who sympathize for ''Jewish death'' are pathetic. I found her spamming and advertising dozens of questions to do with Jews and/or the holocaust to get other people to spam and flag them.

In her blog, she has spent every day posting links to questions other people have asked about Jews, or to profiles of users she believes to be Jewish (all of the accounts she publicly advertises to this ''group'' of hers happen to have Jewish last names. After she posts them to her blog, these users and all of their questions get flagged or spammed relentlessly).

She has a following in her blog (that she has blocked me from viewing) and the people who respond to her have a similar mindset. There is an option to post under anonymous and this is what she is now doing after I called her out since I have a friend who is Jewish and uses Quora and he said the same thing happened to him. Strangely, questions such as ''why are Hasidic Jews so badly behaved?'' are left completely untouched.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Is Quora an anti-semitic website?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 01:22:31 PM »
....and you got a good answer so far.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Is Quora an anti-semitic website?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 01:27:56 PM »
First time I've heard of this website.
It looks like a platform for questions and answers.
Although I wouldn't see a problem with your question.
And for the person who thinks 'people who sympathize for ''Jewish death'' are pathetic', if I had that thought, I would just ignore your question. Not sure why this person is obsessed.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774