Author Topic: Cruz's Citizenship  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Cruz's Citizenship
« on: January 10, 2016, 10:45:21 AM »
What do you guys think about Trump questioning Ted Cruz's citizenship?  Cruz was born in Canada not in the US.  Trump is going after Cruz just like he did with the Muslim.  That didn't work out and hopefully this won't work out either.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Cruz's Citizenship
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 01:46:19 PM »
Cruz showed his mother's birth certificate. Obama didn't show proof of citizenship. It doesn't matter if he was born in Hawaii or not. The issue was that he was registered as a foreign student in an American university. John McCain was born in Panama and he was allowed to run.

Cruz renounced his Canadian citizenship. I don't think Obama renounced his Indonesian citizenship. He probably denied having it in the first place.

Offline jbluchens

• New JTFer
Cruz's Citizenship
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 04:13:35 PM »
mccain was not born in panama, he was born in the american territory of the panama canal zone.  cruz, however, was born in canada and thus is not a natural-born american citizen

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Cruz's Citizenship
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 04:15:19 PM »
Your original post's title gave inaccurate information and is horribly misleading.

Even the leftist media is admitting he is an American:

Ted Cruz's mother's American birth certificate revealed - proving he IS eligible to run
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3391397/Cruz-s-mother-s-American-birth-certificate-revealed-proving-eligible-run.html
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Cruz's Citizenship
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 02:55:31 PM »
mccain was not born in panama, he was born in the american territory of the panama canal zone.  cruz, however, was born in canada and thus is not a natural-born american citizen

So by that logic, would a son born to two Non-Americans in The Panama Canal Zone also be eligible to run for President?

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 05:18:58 PM »
They are now saying that cruz's mother got herself Canadian citenzinship and voted in Canadian elections.  The United States does not recognize dual citizenship and if someone gets citizenship in another country then they must renounce american citizenship, and therefore Cruz is not a naturalized citizen.  what do you guys think?

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 10:11:22 AM »
I would like to see Chaim do a full video discussing this issue.  I know the last JTF weekly video he did, Chaim discussed it, but I wish he would go into more details about this, since Chaim is endorsing Cruz to be president.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 03:56:50 PM »
They are now saying that cruz's mother got herself Canadian citenzinship and voted in Canadian elections.  The United States does not recognize dual citizenship and if someone gets citizenship in another country then they must renounce american citizenship, and therefore Cruz is not a naturalized citizen.  what do you guys think?
Wrong the US does recognize dual citizenship

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 06:27:55 PM »
I hope trump and democrats keep it up. The more they do it, the more they will drop in quick sand.

The same goes with their hurt feelings on ny values.

There was a video of trump using the same terms on himself on meet the press.  I hope Jtf and Cruz uses it
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 07:17:37 PM »
No one disputes Cruz is a "naturalized' citizen.  The issue is whether he is "natural born," which is the the only relevant constitutional standard operative here.  It's a vexing issue; it has never been litigated before.   I'm not sure what the result would be if Cruz gets the nomination and the Dems file suit claiming he's not eligible to be president.  I could see it going either way depending on the judge.  It's scary.

I like Cruz and think he'd be a great president.  But this issue has the potential to be a mess.

Consequently, I am considering supporting Trump, but only because of his proposed ban on muzzie immigration.  We need to ban muslims from entering the US.  If not, expect many murderous attacks on jews in the US.  I believe Trump would get very tough on muzzies should this happen.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 08:07:41 PM »
Trump is a phony. I do not trust him. For that matter it's either Cruz or lose
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 08:43:27 PM »
Naturalized?
Isn't he a citzen by birth?
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 10:42:23 PM »
If the claim that Trump has successfully "slit & bled" Rafael Eduardo Cruz is correct, we had betta adapt ourselves to the 'orrible possibility of a Trump presidency.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/266140-trump-taunts-cruz-over-citizenship-lawsuit-i-told-you-so

As long as Trump doesn't hinder or help Israel in any way, as Chaim warned Bush Jr in 2000, he may be quite good. Any Judaizing effect on Trump from his nominally Jewish daughter and Jewish in-laws will be minimal and has already been discounted.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ted-cruz-must-show-naturalization-papers-to-keep-his-us-senate-seat

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 11:05:49 PM by Yerusha »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 04:07:31 AM »
Wrong the US does recognize dual citizenship
It really does not... I believe if you come from another country and then apply for U.S citizenship and the country your coming from allows you to keep theirs you can possibly retain the two... Americans leaving the U.S and applying for citizenship in a new country loose their U.S citizenship... The bottom line seems to be is if the country your leaving allows you to retain your status with them you can possibly retain both... The U.S does not.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2016, 04:42:41 AM »
Naturalized?
Isn't he a citzen by birth?

He's a natural born citizen.

"...And the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens..."

http://www.theamericandriver.com/files/wp/data/firstcongress_session2_chapter3.html

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 07:16:16 AM »
Cruz seems to be a smart man.  Don't you think he would have had this situation vetted himself?
He is the biggest threat.  So people will sue and accuse.
How else do you eliminate him?
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 05:34:45 PM »
Your original post's title gave inaccurate information and is horribly misleading.

Even the leftist media is admitting he is an American:

Ted Cruz's mother's American birth certificate revealed - proving he IS eligible to run
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3391397/Cruz-s-mother-s-American-birth-certificate-revealed-proving-eligible-run.html
Which part was inaccurate?  Please give me details on what I got wrong.  OK?

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 04:25:14 AM »
It really does not... I believe if you come from another country and then apply for U.S citizenship and the country your coming from allows you to keep theirs you can possibly retain the two... Americans leaving the U.S and applying for citizenship in a new country loose their U.S citizenship... The bottom line seems to be is if the country your leaving allows you to retain your status with them you can possibly retain both... The U.S does not.
Read the passport it does allow it.
Many of my friends & relatives have both US & Israeli citizenship & vote in both countries.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 08:46:53 AM »
Cruz's citizenship has been proved over and over.   Other candidates would have been disqualified if they had to have 2 parents born in the US.   This is really about demonization and plans to try and oust Cruz from the list of candidates by holding him up in court.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2016, 12:41:53 AM »
Trump does not seem to be much reliable, so Cruz has to be there and has to overtake Trump at the first place.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2016, 03:05:46 AM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                     :fist:

This should be a non-issue. The Governor of Iowa is also an evil imbecile for undermining the great Ted Cruz!