Author Topic: Can someone explain to me why the bookies have marc rubio close second?  (Read 986 times)

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
I just cant see it. Lets go through some facts.

NEVER, EVER has a a republican candidate ever won the race without winning at least once in the first 4. Never.

Where is he goiing to win in super tuesday. At best he beats cruz to 2nd, but still does not win one state. If cruz wins texas hes yet again the ONlY candidate to beat trump. Now has there ever been a candiate, republican or democrat to win there respected race without winning one state post super tuesday? I dont think so.

Cruz, apart from one poll that had him tied with trump will win texas. Rubio is 20 points behind trump in his home state of florida. Has any republican or democrat ever won the race without defending their home state?

So my questions are, how on earth does rubio win? Why do the bookies have him strong second favourite? Why does the establishment rally round him whenhe cant win?

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Can someone explain to me why the bookies have marc rubio close second?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 06:30:47 PM »
Generally bookies' odds reflect the balance of bets. If there is more money waged on Rubio he gets better odds by the bookie. These "odds" are not to be mistaken as a poll but they usually reflect the so called conventional wisdom. Perhaps the thought process is that Rubio as the establishment candidate has a shot of clinching the nomination in a contested convention.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
Re: Can someone explain to me why the bookies have marc rubio close second?
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 06:47:20 PM »
I see what you mean and ive factored that in, but with my maths the mockery of not getting close to winning one state post super tuesday is horrible. I can only see cruz coming out of super tuesday with any kudos. Rubio in more liberal new hampshire, and his second home of nevade struggled/couldnt beat cruz.

I just feel the bookies have it horribly wrong, oh well, just find it interesting. I guess we will see whos right. :)