Author Topic: Does Trump winning south Carolina mean Cruz has no chance?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Does Trump winning south Carolina mean Cruz has no chance?
« on: February 20, 2016, 11:25:56 PM »
Does Cruz have any chance at still winning the nomination?

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Re: Does Trump winning south Carolina mean Cruz has no chance?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 11:52:03 PM »
Ted Cruz needs to win at least a couple of states on Super Tuesday to still have a viable chance at winning the nomination.  Arguably,  even more than a couple,  considering his home state of Texas is one of the Super Tuesday states.   One of my concerns is the Nevada vote is before Super Tuesday.   Realistically,  Cruz isn't going to come close to winning Nevada.   The loss of additional momentum could easily hurt Cruz on March 1.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 12:02:16 AM »
I saw this, but I think there's a much better chance at saving people by making nuclear bomb shelters now than by talking about politics, it's pretty clear that enough Americans can be duped into walking in a death trap, so this'll just happen again.

Alright, back to work. Rule #1 Ventilate, Ventilate, Ventilate.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 12:43:39 AM »
Actually there's no way to tell what Trump will do. But it's possible. I think Hillary's buddy could fake these elections like Hillary, and people should just all write in Ted Cruz, and he'll win the general election. And of course Donald Trump might act as he does usually, and make it between Cruz and Rhineo.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 09:55:03 AM »
One major obstacle for Ted Cruz in winning many of the Super Tuesday SEC states is if Ben Carson remains in the race through that point in time.  Carson said last night he intends to remain in the race.  Though some candidates that have a poor showing in a state say the same thing and then decide to dropout in the coming days,  at least on the surface it doesn't seem like Carson has any incentive to dropout of the race while he still has enough campaign funds to move forward.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 11:48:49 AM »
One major obstacle for Ted Cruz in winning many of the Super Tuesday SEC states is if Ben Carson remains in the race through that point in time.  Carson said last night he intends to remain in the race.  Though some candidates that have a poor showing in a state say the same thing and then decide to dropout in the coming days,  at least on the surface it doesn't seem like Carson has any incentive to dropout of the race while he still has enough campaign funds to move forward.
That's because his candidacy is a pet project of the Democrats.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 12:01:20 PM »

Secretly, so is Trump's.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 01:06:53 PM »

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 05:21:58 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if this was the case.   There's not enough positive consistency with Ben Carson to trust him.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 05:29:49 PM »
Secretly, so is Trump's.

Though I believe the Democrats want Donald Trump to win the Republican Nomination,  what I'm not as sure about is whether they would be comfortable with Trump winning the General Election?    The Democrats might look at a Trump Presidency as an opportunity to either continue many of their leftist policies ( if he's now pretending to be Conservative on many issues ) or if Trump turns out to be off the wall in his approach,  an opportunity to regain the White House on a permanent basis.

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 06:17:38 PM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                      :fist:

Don't ever lose hope in favor of pragmatism. Anything can happen and Cruz definitely
 still has a chance despite the idiotic tactics of these other candidates. If the American
 people are mostly obstinately ignorant, limited and rigid, they deserve what they get.
 We that are decent and righteous however, should not have to suffer these fools

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 09:14:06 AM »
Yes As long as Carson, and Rubio are in there, they take the votes  from Cruz.   Trump can win with the nomination with 35%.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 10:49:57 AM »
The future looks bleak. It's Cruz or lose. Any alternative is no different than bibi being an alternative in Israel.

Keep hope, work hard, fight and pray. May Gd have mercy on us all and our families.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 11:30:15 AM »
Calm down guys, this a long haul of a race. I saw an interview with ted cruz in october of last year, and he said judge me on super tuesday not the first 4 primaries. Well hes done ok in the first 4, he won iowa, and has finished top 3 in all the others.

Now granted trumps got great momentum, but did anyone expect cruz to win sc or nh?he was always polling double digits behind, and at the moment the establishment is throwing every for rubio. And whats rubio got to show for it? 3, 2 1 camapign? No 3, 5, 2, 2, with no wins and every endorsement possible. The flak has been on cruz, its now on rubio.

Never, ever has there been a candidate thats not won at least 1 of the first 3 primaries, hes got no where near winning the first 4! Take nevada, the dude lived there, every top candidate endorsed him, its nearly 1/3 latino and still he barely beat cruz. He will not win one state in super tuesday, and is running third in

Plus hes running out of money and the govenor of  texas just endorsed cruz. Everyone will have their ups and downs, cruz is on a down, but as he always said, judge me on super tuesday.

Ill admit, if he losses texas hes done, even ill admit that.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 11:45:33 AM »
To add to my point check out this.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/24/marco-rubio-keeps-losing-so-did-bill-clinton/

Now its trying to back rubio, however i think this shows how cruz is well into this. Hes won a primary and performed better than huckabee and santorum in new hampshire.

The problem with the chart for rubio compared to say  bill clinton, is that clinton still won in february, rubio not got near to winning and i think he could be wiped out by super tuesday.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 06:32:49 PM »
Calm down guys, this a long haul of a race. I saw an interview with ted cruz in october of last year, and he said judge me on super tuesday not the first 4 primaries. Well hes done ok in the first 4, he won iowa, and has finished top 3 in all the others.

Now granted trumps got great momentum, but did anyone expect cruz to win sc or nh?he was always polling double digits behind, and at the moment the establishment is throwing every for rubio. And whats rubio got to show for it? 3, 2 1 camapign? No 3, 5, 2, 2, with no wins and every endorsement possible. The flak has been on cruz, its now on rubio.

Never, ever has there been a candidate thats not won at least 1 of the first 3 primaries, hes got no where near winning the first 4! Take nevada, the dude lived there, every top candidate endorsed him, its nearly 1/3 latino and still he barely beat cruz. He will not win one state in super tuesday, and is running third in

Plus hes running out of money and the govenor of  texas just endorsed cruz. Everyone will have their ups and downs, cruz is on a down, but as he always said, judge me on super tuesday.

Ill admit, if he losses texas hes done, even ill admit that.

Good post.  I'm with you.