Author Topic: Trump drops pledge not to run in a 3rd party - This should free Cruz  (Read 969 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Trump-drops-pledge-to-back-Republican-nominee-other-than-himself-449678
Donald Trump on Tuesday abandoned a pledge to support a party presidential nominee other than himself, a sign of increasing friction with chief rival Ted Cruz.

"No, I don't anymore," Trump replied, when asked at a CNN town hall event whether he still supported a pledge he made last year to support whoever is the Republican nominee for the Nov. 8 election.

Trump's signing of a loyalty pledge last September was important in helping him gain credibility within the Republican National Committee. The pledge was also signed by all his rivals for the presidential nomination.

His aboutface came as he tries to fend off a challenge from Cruz, a US senator from Texas who is running second to the New York billionaire in the race for the 1,237 delegates needed to win the nomination.

Trump and Cruz were enmeshed in a fight last week involving their wives, with a Cruz SuperPAC publishing a provocative photo of Trump's former model wife, Melania, and Trump retaliating by tweeting an unflattering photo of Cruz's wife, Heidi.

Cruz, asked earlier at the CNN town hall whether he also would honor the pledge to support the nominee if it was not himself, declined to give a straight answer.

"Let me tell you my solution to that," Cruz said. "Donald is not going to be the GOP nominee. We're going to beat him."

GOP is the acronym for Grand Old Party, a nickname for the Republican Party.

Trump said he could do without Cruz's support.

"I watched him tonight and I watched how tormented he was when you asked him that question," Trump told CNN moderator Anderson Cooper. "I don't want to have him be tormented. Let me just tell you I don't want his support, I don't need his support. I don't want him to be uncomfortable."
In my opinion this frees Cruz from his pledge to support the Republican nominee if he loses.
He should immediately set up a parallel third party, because by May 8 you have to register in Texas in order to be allowed to run for President as an independent party.
If Cruz wins the republican nomination - he can drop his parallel party. If not, he should run as a 3rd party candidate.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
I hope he drops out of the race.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
It's a mute point since all that a 3rd party candidate might achieve is handing Hilary Clinton an easy win. Cruz should not back out of his pledge, in fact I think he should have answered more directly that he would not hinder Trump's chances in case Trump is the nominee because the only other viable alternative would be Clinton and therefore he should have added he expected the same from Trump should he loses the GOP race.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Don't be surprised if Trump goes 3rd party....he is working with the progressive left....He destroyed all the republican candidates by demonizing them to get our of the race.    Recognize Saul Alisnsky manual.....Blame everyone else for the problem, never admit your wrong, never give anyone credit for anything, demonize your opponents, never allow the public to cool off.     Luke 6:43  Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. 

Trump go Democrats to cross over and vote for him in the primaries as planned....then in the Presidential election they will vote for Hillary Clinton.   Donald always says "If I'm not treated right I will go 3rd party.....he has been treated fairly and given more airtime than any other candidate on every channel....the RNC has been fair to him too....hes just using this as an excuse to further divide the vote and form another party....another Ross Perot.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Don't be surprised if Trump goes 3rd party....he is working with the progressive left....He destroyed all the republican candidates by demonizing them to get our of the race.    Recognize Saul Alisnsky manual.....Blame everyone else for the problem, never admit your wrong, never give anyone credit for anything, demonize your opponents, never allow the public to cool off.     Luke 6:43  Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. 

Trump go Democrats to cross over and vote for him in the primaries as planned....then in the Presidential election they will vote for Hillary Clinton.   Donald always says "If I'm not treated right I will go 3rd party.....he has been treated fairly and given more airtime than any other candidate on every channel....the RNC has been fair to him too....hes just using this as an excuse to further divide the vote and form another party....another Ross Perot.
In actuality the RNC has not played fair with Cruz or Trump... The reason they are so put off with Trump is the fact that he might actually get the delegate count needed to get the nomination... Cruz has only a slight chance of getting that number... The RNC seems to have given Cruz some false hope that he has a chance at an open convention... The bottom line is neither Trump nor Cruz have a chance at that convention unless one of them walk in with the required votes needed... If the RNC needlessly  forces a brokered convention I personally will avoid the election booth come election day in November... Something tells me a great many other voters will do so also...
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
We all know that if the Republicans screw Trump at the convention, Trump will run as a third party cannidate. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Trump is a liberal who pretends to be conservative and thus says what he thinks conservatives like to hear. 

An absolute disaster and I welcome a republican revolt should he win the nomination.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
He was also screaming 'lyin cruz' recently.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774