Author Topic: Cruz says Rubio may be his Vice President  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Nevski

• Pro JTFer
  • Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Cruz says Rubio may be his Vice President
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:59:37 AM »
Ted Cruz reveals former rival is being considered as a running mate, a day after Rubio gives an unofficial endorsement.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/210895#.Vw-T__mLQUQ

In a CNN town hall meeting on Wednesday, Cruz said that while frontrunner Donald Trump may be leading in the race for 1,237 delegates needed to seal the nomination, he is confident that if he can prevent Trump from reaching that number, he can come out on top at a contested Republican convention in July.

Cruz said he and his team are considering possible vice presidential running mates, noting, "we’re in the process now of looking at a number of different options."

When asked about Rubio, Cruz said he is an "amazing communicator" who inspired millions with his campaign, and added that Rubio's 2010 run for Senate also inspired him to run in 2012.

"I consider Marco a friend,” added Cruz, saying that "anyone would naturally look at Marco" as a running mate and clarifying he is considering a joint run.

"He is someone that you would be a fool not to look at, he is very, very talented."

Cruz's comments come a day after Rubio on Tuesday gave his first interview since quitting the Republican presidential race, and while speaking with host Mark Levin he gave an unofficial endorsement for Cruz.

"I want the Republican nominee to be a conservative...and the best person - and in my view the only person at this moment of the candidates still currently campaigning - is Ted Cruz," Rubio said.

In response, talk show host Hugh Hewitt said on MSNBC that "Mark Levin is 100% with Ted Cruz. For Sen. Rubio to...sit down with Levin and say 'I want him (Cruz) to be the real conservative' - that's an endorsement in all but name and I think that's very significant."

Both Cruz and Rubio have gone on record as staunch supporters of Israel, and have opposed peace talks noting there is no other side for the Jewish state to negotiate with as the Palestinians pursue a path of terror.
A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace. - Ecclesiastes 3:8

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Cruz says Rubio may be his Vice President
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:14:45 AM »
Appears to be a good proposition.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Chiram

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 04:27:32 PM »
A winning ticket, it would split the latino vote, make centrists comfortable and give Cruz the edge in Florida.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »
Interesting choice and it can galvanize the rhinos to vote cruz vs. the other or a third party or no one.

Personally, Kasich as a VP choice might encourage democrats and independents who hate the current demoncrat choices, to go for cruz.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 12:00:54 AM »
My concern with this ticket from the standpoint of Ted Cruz winning the general election is both people on the ticket are in the U.S. Senate.    A solid case can be made that a governor as Ted Cruz's running mate would provide better balance in the election campaign.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Chiram

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 04:27:29 AM »
My concern with this ticket from the standpoint of Ted Cruz winning the general election is both people on the ticket are in the U.S. Senate.    A solid case can be made that a governor as Ted Cruz's running mate would provide better balance in the election campaign.

Kasich would deliver Ohio, although he's not trustworthy after blocking Cruz in Michigan, his wife says his main goal is to deny Trump the nomination.

Despite Kasich stating: 'I'm not running to block anybody'
In a recent email to supporters Karen Kasich wrote:
“Friend, I’m going to be honest with you,...The stakes are high and it’s critical that we all pitch in to help John continue securing delegates and deny Trump the nomination.”

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 08:37:35 AM »
This is bad news as far as I see it... Personally I wont vote for Cruz if Rubio is on the ticket... The fact that Rubio did so poorly in the primary says many other people see him the same way... It's starting to sound like we are voting for the president of Cuba and not the United States... This is not news that's going to bring in a great deal of new support for Cruz... In fact I see it shifting many Republican primary votes to Trump... Well if Trump don't make it I guess it's going to be Hillery because Cruz / Rubio is just not going to cut it.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 08:31:48 PM »
This is bad news as far as I see it... Personally I wont vote for Cruz if Rubio is on the ticket... The fact that Rubio did so poorly in the primary says many other people see him the same way... It's starting to sound like we are voting for the president of Cuba and not the United States...

That's racist (Not that Cuban is a race.). You are perpetuating the lie of a "Hispanic race". Cruz and Rubio are white. Who cares where their background is from. Conservative Cuban immigrants are patriotic Americans and are opposed to the Obama agenda of sucking up to the Commies in Cuba.

It will bring in the Latin American vote that Trump would scare away.

Also, since when is two Senators a bad decision? After all, Obama and Biden did so. People don't care if both are Senators.

Both Cruz and Rubio are young and would energize young people as well.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 08:58:34 PM »
I'm not entirely sure if having Little Marco along would be a positive or negative after Trump already eviscerated him.   Then again, Cruz didn't say he is the VP he said he'll consider him.   

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2016, 09:00:49 PM »
If he does it because he needs his seats, I can live with it, but it severely hurts his chances in the general election with anti-amnesty voters.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 09:01:52 PM »
If he does it because he needs his seats, I can live with it, but it severely hurts his chances in the general election with anti-amnesty voters.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2016, 05:59:31 PM »

That's racist (Not that Cuban is a race.). You are perpetuating the lie of a "Hispanic race". Cruz and Rubio are white. Who cares where their background is from. Conservative Cuban immigrants are patriotic Americans and are opposed to the Obama agenda of sucking up to the Commies in Cuba.

It will bring in the Latin American vote that Trump would scare away.

Also, since when is two Senators a bad decision? After all, Obama and Biden did so. People don't care if both are Senators.

Both Cruz and Rubio are young and would energize young people as well.
Oh please... Save that racism drivel for the Pope who by the way appears to be a Sanders supporter :::D Personally I am not interested in a candidate  drawing in any one large voting block or another... Be it black, Oriental or mixed breed... I want a politician who will serve the needs of the United States and it's legal residents (with good credentials)... I don't need presidential candidates with sympathy for so called  Latin American voters many who jumped ship to be here... The fact that Cruz is even considering Rubio shows poor judgement and it is making me very hesitant voting for him in tomorrows elections here in N.Y... It looks like it's going to be a Trump blowout anyway so I guess one vote more or less isn't going to change much anyway.   

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2016, 07:43:42 PM »
Oh please... Save that racism drivel for the Pope who by the way appears to be a Sanders supporter :::D Personally I am not interested in a candidate  drawing in any one large voting block or another... Be it black, Oriental or mixed breed... I want a politician who will serve the needs of the United States and it's legal residents (with good credentials)... I don't need presidential candidates with sympathy for so called  Latin American voters many who jumped ship to be here... The fact that Cruz is even considering Rubio shows poor judgement and it is making me very hesitant voting for him in tomorrows elections here in N.Y... It looks like it's going to be a Trump blowout anyway so I guess one vote more or less isn't going to change much anyway.

It sounds like you want an excuse to vote for trump or excuse not to vote for cruz.  He didn't say little Marco is his vp and I bet he is just paying lipservice since the guy basically endorsed cruz and they are personal friends.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2016, 07:49:02 PM »
CRUZ/CARLY2016!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2016, 07:56:54 PM »
CRUZ/CARLY2016!
Well that might pass muster but the poison Rubio pill is still ever present.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 08:58:04 PM »
CRUZ/CARLY2016!

I have thought for a while now that he would pick Carly for his VP.   

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 09:09:22 PM »
I have thought for a while now that he would pick Carly for his VP.
I have been hoping, and it would be the best choice against Killary. Carly is a bulldog!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 02:23:18 AM »
I don't think Rubio is a good pick in the sense that his political capital is too low at the moment so he won't significantly enhance the electability  prospects for Cruz. However it makes no sense to me, to say that Rubio is a deal breaker for a Cruz leaning voter. Cruz can't put a clone of himself as a running mate, first because he is really unique among his peers. and second, because  he has to balance the ticket with a person that appeals to demographics where he is weaker.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2016, 11:17:39 PM »
I don't think Rubio is a good pick in the sense that his political capital is too low at the moment so he won't significantly enhance the electability  prospects for Cruz. However it makes no sense to me, to say that Rubio is a deal breaker for a Cruz leaning voter. Cruz can't put a clone of himself as a running mate, first because he is really unique among his peers. and second, because  he has to balance the ticket with a person that appeals to demographics where he is weaker.

If someone's primary issue in the election is no amnesty for illegal aliens, and he puts Rubio on the ticket, he loses that vote.

Yeah, balence the ticket, Rubio isn't the guy. Give him a job, his record with businesses is absolutely spectacular.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 02:36:23 AM »
No let him get a real job. Do you feel sorry for "poor" Marco losing his cushy senatorial seat?
If someone's primary issue in the election is no amnesty for illegal aliens, and he puts Rubio on the ticket, he loses that vote.

Yeah, balence the ticket, Rubio isn't the guy. Give him a job, his record with businesses is absolutely spectacular.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2016, 07:46:16 PM »
No let him get a real job. Do you feel sorry for "poor" Marco losing his cushy senatorial seat?

50/50 on him now. Yes, he almost destroyed the Republican party by supporting the gang of 8, but he may have also saved America by dropping out and letting Cruz win. Despite that, look at his record. His only left wing issue is amnesty, everything else, he's more conservative than the vast majority of the GOP, and again, his work with small businesses stands out to me as a highlight, and business people there adore him.

He has delegates, it is what it is, an alliance should be crafted. Just don't let him near the border, and he can do great work for America.

As for his senate seat, my opinion on it is not as relevant of the citizens of Florida, who clearly have expressed their opinion.

Besides that, he's sane on Iran, so that makes him better than most other Republicans, because as important as it is that the GOP survives, America's survival comes before that.

The Rubio supporters, many of whom I engaged in heated debate with, almost wholesale went to Cruz. Rubio also dropped out willingly, even though all that press is useful for anyone, and it benefited Cruz most and he knew it, even if Cruz was attacking him. To now throw him to the gutter shows ungratefulness, and that's a line you don't cross. IMO, give him a last chance to make teshuva for that one thing. Take out the gang of 8 from his career, and he was a pretty good senator, certainly in comparison to most of them.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2016, 08:40:08 PM »

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2016, 08:02:39 AM »
Well, Looks like Cruz chose Carly, and she is a strong force to deal with and very smart....I hope she really nails the Clinton machine.