Author Topic: Buying underwear, ghetto style  (Read 20959 times)

Offline Johnson Brown

• Senior JTFer
Re: Buying underwear, ghetto style
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2007, 09:23:02 PM »
Based on my prior experiences - which you touched on and made fun of - I would be more likely to cross the street if a black man were coming toward me.
May not be rational or kind - but I'm going with avoiding the pitbull.
If you feel the need to cross the street for a white man - I'm not going to call you a racist. 
I don't just judge people based on skin color - that would be ignorant!  Actions and Appearance count!
Based on what I know to be true and the immediate situation I'm in - I'm going with my gut reaction.  I don't give a darn if you would consider my actions to be racist.
You can be all happiness and light - I'm going to deal with reality - and I'm going to teach my child to do the same. 
So you're going to teach your child to hate black people based on appearance? Also, what appearance makes someone suspect in your eyes?

I think you and bullcat3 are not far off I think you would both teach your children to just have common sense about situations.  If it doesn't feel or look right play it safe.
Ok here's a question for you, if your child had a friend at school and the mother was a know ho would you let your child go over to that childs house for a sleep over?

No. I wouldn't allow my child to sleep over at their house for safety reasons, but I'd allow my child to play with her child...because they wouldn't be a ho by association. Kids in that situation need friends.
So you would use common sense that's all it's about.

Erica

« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2007, 01:10:47 AM »
Based on my prior experiences - which you touched on and made fun of - I would be more likely to cross the street if a black man were coming toward me.
If you feel the need to cross the street for a white man - I'm not going to call you a racist. 
I don't just judge people based on skin color - that would be ignorant!  Actions and Appearance count!
Based on what I know to be true and the immediate situation I'm in - I'm going with my gut reaction.  I don't give a darn if you would consider my actions to be racist.
You can be all happiness and light - I'm going to deal with reality - and I'm going to teach my child to do the same. 
So you're going to teach your child to hate black people based on appearance? Also, what appearance makes someone suspect in your eyes?

I think you and bullcat3 are not far off I think you would both teach your children to just have common sense about situations.  If it doesn't feel or look right play it safe.
Ok here's a question for you, if your child had a friend at school and the mother was a know ho would you let your child go over to that childs house for a sleep over?

No. I wouldn't allow my child to sleep over at their house for safety reasons, but I'd allow my child to play with her child...because they wouldn't be a ho by association. Kids in that situation need friends.
Yes, common sense when it comes to the occupation the parents are into (which may be dangerous for my child) but I'd also tell my children that its okay to play with that child, in public at school or outside despite their race.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2007, 10:32:05 AM »

Yes, common sense when it comes to the occupation the parents are into (which may be dangerous for my child) but I'd also tell my children that its okay to play with that child, in public at school or outside despite their race.
First off - what does race have to do with it?
Did JB mention race.
Second - I would have a different approach -  my child could be school chums with this child - I would never teach them to hate anyone because of the parent lifestyle (that is not an occupation).
My child would not play with this child outside of school - sorry - who knows what kind of people that child would have in their environmment.  It is not worth the risk to my child - sorry if it would seem unkind to the other child - if it puts my child at risk in any way - it's out  So JB - see we are not the same after all.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 11:50:57 AM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Erica

« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2007, 04:03:52 PM »

First off - what does race have to do with it?
Did JB mention race.
Second - I would have a different approach -  my child could be school chums with this child - I would never teach them to hate anyone because of the parent lifestyle (that is not an occupation).
My child would not play with this child outside of school - sorry - who knows what kind of people that child would have in their environmment.  It is not worth the risk to my child - sorry if it would seem unkind to the other child - if it puts my child at risk in any way - it's out  So JB - see we are not the same after all.
JB didn't  mention race but you, newman and I did. We were talking about being safe without involving children in race wars. So this has a lot to do with race. I have been know also to let my children be friends with children whose parents are having marital problems. A neighbor I had (she is black) had problems with her ex who was coming over to her house to harrass her and their kids. I never allowed them to spend the night at their house  because of this, until he was out of the picture. What I'm saying is that children, no matter what race, need friends when their homes are filled with trials and tribulations. In fact, one of the children in question emailed me via myspace to let her know she missed us just last week. When a child has problems at home, they look up to those who didn't run away from them because of their problems at home.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 04:05:40 PM by Erica »

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2007, 04:59:55 PM »
What's JTF's official take on buying ghetto style underwear?  :laugh: :D ;D :D

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2007, 05:10:28 PM »
No Erica - it was not a question about race - why does that have to be at the center of everything.
We are talking about right and wrong.

Erica

« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2007, 09:27:13 PM »
No Erica - it was not a question about race - why does that have to be at the center of everything.
You may want to re read from the beginning of the thread. This started off being about 'blacks always have parties that end up in bloodshed', how could it not have anything to do with race?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
You may want to re read from the beginning of the thread. This started off being about 'blacks always have parties that end up in bloodshed', how could it not have anything to do with race?
The question was about a woman of ill repute and not a BLACK woman of ill repute - I know how the thread started off.  What difference does the color of the person make?  It is her lifestyle which is objectionable in my opinion.

newman

« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2007, 09:40:12 PM »
The question was about a woman of ill repute and not a BLACK woman of ill repute - I know how the thread started off.  What difference does the color of the person make?  It is her lifestyle which is objectionable in my opinion.

The whole point of this board is the problems of black CULTURE, not pigmentation.

Erica

« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2007, 09:42:07 PM »
Point taken..You asked if JB brought it up, and I answered you. Since we're in the Affirmative Action People Crisis forum, why wouldn't we talk about the relationship between black and white children? Race is OFTEN the subject of every post here. Me bringing the question up doesn't change that.

This thread has taken its twists and turns but my questions as well as your questions should be okay in this forum. I started off asking Newman about this anyway. Why do you act as if I asked you the question?

Like JB said, we both (you and I) have the general idea that safety is important. Why can't we go with that?

newman

« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2007, 02:10:24 AM »
Typical of my race

Stop that, Cosmo.

The only ethnicity you have is Jewish! :)

Your kids will know THEIR father and you'll pay the bills instead of buying drugs or funky suits.

Erica

« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2007, 12:48:07 AM »
Typical of my race

Stop that, Cosmo.

The only ethnicity you have is Jewish! :)

Your kids will know THEIR father and you'll pay the bills instead of buying drugs or funky suits.
Unsurprisingly, yet another dumb post a-la Newman.

Cosmo, there is no reason why you should deny the part of your ethnicity that says you're black just because your father may or may not be (because I don't know your entire situation) a loser who happens to be black. Be a proud Bi racial man...your dad nor anyone else can take that away from you.