Author Topic: FOR THOSE OF YOU IN COLLEGE RIGHT NOW  (Read 20487 times)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: FOR THOSE OF YOU IN COLLEGE RIGHT NOW
« Reply #125 on: September 09, 2007, 03:37:16 AM »
We're not against helping them (just leave us out of it).  We're for speaking honestly about reality. 
If you don't want to have anything to do with lending any financial support to welfare, or other services, let your political leaders know. I can't erase that for you, especially since I'm a tax payer also. When I work, I have to pay for just as many social services as you do. The difference is that I don't care anymore because the services exist for a reason. I'm happy my money's going to help someone. After all, I get it back when I file my taxes.

Giving to the supposed needy should be VOLLUNTARY, not mandated by the government.
Speak out against it if you don't like it. This is a free country. Freedom of speech is still noticed here.

Well thanks for letting us know about that option.  In reality, it's a non-option because Ze'ev Jabotinsky and newman aren't going to be able to reverse our respective governments' welfare policies, we're not speaking about this in a practical sense, we're talking about it in a sense of justice and morality.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #126 on: September 09, 2007, 03:40:09 AM »

So it dosen't pay to even talk to a white person because always in the backs of their minds they're probably thinking...wow, I bet they didn't finish high school. My odds aren't the same as anyone's odds, but I will say this, maybe to give your post some validity, I thought about dropping out because of my family situation. Luckily I had councellors in school and teachers who cared about where I'd end up. I had a lot of outside help in deciding against becoming a statistic.

What was your situation and how did your school help you?

newman

« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2007, 03:42:46 AM »
Democracy should have NOTHING to do with matters of morallity.

It is IMMORAL to take from one man and give to another. Whether 51% of people think it should be so is irrelevant.

If 51% of people think Jews should convert to christianity, the government still has NO right to do it.

Erica

« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2007, 03:56:33 AM »

So it dosen't pay to even talk to a white person because always in the backs of their minds they're probably thinking...wow, I bet they didn't finish high school. My odds aren't the same as anyone's odds, but I will say this, maybe to give your post some validity, I thought about dropping out because of my family situation. Luckily I had councellors in school and teachers who cared about where I'd end up. I had a lot of outside help in deciding against becoming a statistic.

What was your situation and how did your school help you?
My situation has been talked about a lot here. My mom was abused by her ex boyfriend. My brother, sister and I were also. Because I was the oldest, whenever he was angry, he'd pick me to beat on, after he was done with my mom. He usually hit me because I tried to defend my mom. He also use to kick us out a lot so we never knew whether we were going to be gone or not. But he mostly hit me because I was a developing female. Well going through all of that made my life hell, inside the 'home' and outside at school. I was distant at school. I was also failing miserably because my thoughts were never at school and on my studies. I was always worried about what he'd make up as an excuse to beat us.

One day, I made up in my mind that I would just drop out of school, convinced that no one loved or cared if I lived or died. With that thought in my head, I went to my councellor and told her how I was feeling. She told me that she was sorry that I was going through what I was going through at home but that I should reconsider dropping out of school because there was more ahead for me than what I was going through. More positive things. She also informed me that once I finished high school, I'd be free to go to a college far away from my situation. So I hung on for one more year (as I was a Junior when I thought about dropping out), and psyched myself out when I went to school. School became my second home because the people were different, the teachers were caring, and I got to be me. My opinions mattered and it reflected in my schoolwork. I graduated with one more credit than I needed and  was accepted to a city college where I'm from. I dropped out...because  I couldn't afford to attend but I worked for two years, got married, had kids and 13 1/2 years later, I'm happier than I'd ever been as an abused child.

My counellors at school helped me by listening to me and not judging my situation. It also helped to have my best friend since 7th grade by my side encouraging me also...as she was in the same predicament not too many years before I was. Now she's a 5th grade teacher in our home town. And I'm in school at present, recieving my A.S. in Interdisciplinary Education-Paraprofessional. (Big word for Teacher's Aide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 04:17:12 AM by Erica »

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #129 on: September 09, 2007, 05:25:16 PM »
We're not against helping them (just leave us out of it).  We're for speaking honestly about reality. 
If you don't want to have anything to do with lending any financial support to welfare, or other services, let your political leaders know. I can't erase that for you, especially since I'm a tax payer also. When I work, I have to pay for just as many social services as you do. The difference is that I don't care anymore because the services exist for a reason. I'm happy my money's going to help someone. After all, I get it back when I file my taxes.
Don't you always pay taxes Erica?  In what country do you live? What do you get back when you file your taxes?  
After all, I get it back when I file my taxes.  How idiotic is that?
Are all social programs good ones?  Then why are many elderly people leaving much needed medication in the pharmacy because of the expense?
Could it be because we need to pay people to go to school?
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Erica

« Reply #130 on: September 09, 2007, 06:17:35 PM »
Don't you always pay taxes Erica?  In what country do you live? What do you get back when you file your taxes?  
After all, I get it back when I file my taxes.  How idiotic is that?
Are all social programs good ones?  Then why are many elderly people leaving much needed medication in the pharmacy because of the expense?
Could it be because we need to pay people to go to school?

Yes. We always pay our taxes, but I look at the reward as getting it back when the times come. I dont' stress about who the money's going to anymore. I use to but its a waste of energy and time I could be spending doing something else. All social programs that are helping out the community, homelessness, schooling, or whatever is available is good. You'd have to talk to the person in charge of Medicare and Medicaid to get the answer to why our elderly can't afford medication. I think that system is messed up, completely. And NO I don't think the DIRECT reason that elderly people can't afford medication is because people are paid to go to school. Education is as important as medicating our elderly citizens.