Author Topic: FOR THOSE OF YOU IN COLLEGE RIGHT NOW  (Read 20801 times)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: FOR THOSE OF YOU IN COLLEGE RIGHT NOW
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »
I hope you don't teach them like all the other black teachers probably teach them by telling them that they're going to face racism and the reason they're going to fail is because whitey is going to put them down and how they need affirmative action to succeed.  The kids of today need to hear that if they mess up, it's their fault, and the only person who can stand in the way of their success is THEMSELVES.  Tests aren't racist, teachers don't grade based on race, so stop your damn whining, stop demanding affirmative action and hit those books and don't blame anyone else if you don't succeed.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 10:12:05 PM »
Erica have you ever taught in a city school before? I wouldn't recommend it. If it's in a bad neighborhood, you'll go bananas within 6 months.
And you know this because? I actually attended school, both elementary school and high schol in the city where I grew up. Not much has changed since I was in school. Its only been 15 years for me. I'm going to teach where I'm needed. Right now I'm needed in the community where I grew up.

I know because I'm a teacher in an awful neighborhood. If you want a job let me know...I'll give you mine..

What burns me up, IZ is that you went into a nobel profession with the good intention of educating children.

Your reward is to be threatened with assault or murder every day by savages who have NO DESIRE to be educated.
If you have no desire to inspire change in the minds of these students, why even teach, ItalianZionist? And why do you care, newman? If I'm the teacher of 30 students and over half of them graduate with honors, that's over half black kids who will not rob, steal, or kill. It would be a whole lot better when I reach ALL of my students.

Erica, of course there are children of all races that want to learn and behave. But all too are insolent in the bad neighborhoods. Moreover, you cannot always get the job you want and sometimes you need to stay with a job to pay the bills..
So you're one of those teachers who only teaches for the paycheck, and not for the overall teaching experience PLUS the pay. I had a teacher, my 8th grade teacher, in fact who told us that she wasn't interested in how we'd turn out, but that she only came to work everyday to collect a check. Needless to say, no one respected her. Not even teachers with more tact in their number 2 pencils than she had in her entire body.

Edited to Add:

Why didn't you get into a profession that you'd actually LOVE to get up in the morning to do?

Erica, the last sentence is a fragment. Please revise.
Pardon me Mr. Teacher... "No one respected this uninvolved 8th grade teacher, including all of the hard-working teachers (who IMO had more tact in their number 2 pencils than she had in her entire body.)"

Erica, the system has to do a better job or removing disruptive students..Also the parents have to do their job, which in black neighborhoods, unfortunately they don't.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 10:14:04 PM »
I hope you don't teach them like all the other black teachers probably teach them by telling them that they're going to face racism and the reason they're going to fail is because whitey is going to put them down and how they need affirmative action to succeed.  The kids of today need to hear that if they mess up, it's their fault, and the only person who can stand in the way of their success is THEMSELVES.  Tests aren't racist, teachers don't grade based on race, so stop your damn whining, stop demanding affirmative action and hit those books and don't blame anyone else if you don't succeed.

too true

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007, 10:15:17 PM »
Erica have you ever taught in a city school before? I wouldn't recommend it. If it's in a bad neighborhood, you'll go bananas within 6 months.
And you know this because? I actually attended school, both elementary school and high schol in the city where I grew up. Not much has changed since I was in school. Its only been 15 years for me. I'm going to teach where I'm needed. Right now I'm needed in the community where I grew up.

I know because I'm a teacher in an awful neighborhood. If you want a job let me know...I'll give you mine..

What burns me up, IZ is that you went into a nobel profession with the good intention of educating children.

Your reward is to be threatened with assault or murder every day by savages who have NO DESIRE to be educated.
If you have no desire to inspire change in the minds of these students, why even teach, ItalianZionist? And why do you care, newman? If I'm the teacher of 30 students and over half of them graduate with honors, that's over half black kids who will not rob, steal, or kill. It would be a whole lot better when I reach ALL of my students.

Erica, of course there are children of all races that want to learn and behave. But all too are insolent in the bad neighborhoods. Moreover, you cannot always get the job you want and sometimes you need to stay with a job to pay the bills..
So you're one of those teachers who only teaches for the paycheck, and not for the overall teaching experience PLUS the pay. I had a teacher, my 8th grade teacher, in fact who told us that she wasn't interested in how we'd turn out, but that she only came to work everyday to collect a check. Needless to say, no one respected her. Not even teachers with more tact in their number 2 pencils than she had in her entire body.

Edited to Add:

Why didn't you get into a profession that you'd actually LOVE to get up in the morning to do?

Pardon me Mr. Teacher... "No one respected this uninvolved 8th grade teacher, including all of the hard-working teachers (who IMO had more tact in their number 2 pencils than she had in her entire body.)"

Erica, the system has to do a better job or removing disruptive students..Also the parents have to do their job, which in black neighborhoods, unfortunately they don't.
Oh no...don't go there with Erica!  ;)
We just have to figure out ways to bribe(buy) the parents into participating.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Erica

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007, 10:16:54 PM »

Edited to Add:

He probably was a very enthusiastic and idealistic young teacher until the savages destroyed his enthusiasm.

Most ex-teachers you meet will tell you that.
Most people don't like their jobs, newman. That dosen't mean that there isn't someone who will have better ideas on how to improve the situation.

newman

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2007, 10:17:30 PM »

Brillianly put, Ze'ev!

If you see the film 'Lean On Me' about that GREAT educator and black gentleman 'Crazy' Joe Clark, he says exactly that to his poor, inner-city students.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2007, 10:21:13 PM »
Erica, I don't want to brag, but my class has always scored among the highest in the district on standardized tests. Even though I hate my job, I still do it well..

Erica

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 10:25:45 PM »
I don't preach that 'philosophy' to my children. My kids as well as my future students will know that the world doesnt' owe them anything. They do owe it to themselves to do well and prosper in society so that this racism crap can be anialated once and for all. There's nothing worse than growing up ignorant and blaming others for your downfalls.

Erica

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2007, 10:29:04 PM »

Edited to Add:

Oh no...don't go there with Erica!  ;)
We just have to figure out ways to bribe(buy) the parents into participating.
And bullcat, get off of my back, please. You bash me on giving incentives to students who do well. I'd rather present positive reinforcement than to end up saying to my students that they are too stupid to make it in the world so I won't try to teach them.

And what is giving children allowance, bullcat? I'm not sure if your child is old enough to recieve one but if you do give them an allowance for housework or good work in school, what's so wrong with me doing the same thing toward the end of the year for my future students?

newman

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2007, 10:29:59 PM »
I don't preach that 'philosophy' to my children. My kids as well as my future students will know that the world doesnt' owe them anything. They do owe it to themselves to do well and prosper in society so that this racism crap can be anialated once and for all. There's nothing worse than growing up ignorant and blaming others for your downfalls.

See,

You ARE a conservative at heart.

I bet you'll be just like Crazy Joe.

You'll be Crazy Erica, the 'bat' lady. :)

Erica

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 10:31:04 PM »
Erica, I don't want to brag, but my class has always scored among the highest in the district on standardized tests. Even though I hate my job, I still do it well..
So if your class is doing so well, why are you complaining? I know the job isn't easy by a long shot, but is it the other teachers' students who are pushing your buttons and making you hate your job or just the routine? And congrats by the way. :)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2007, 10:31:19 PM »
The people who support and push affirmative action and the affirmative action mentality are unwittingly creating people who think that they can't make it based on their own merits and that they need special help in order to compete with "normal" people.  How demoralizing is that?  What a horrible and offensive thing to teach people!  It's telling them that they're different than everyone else and that we should have different standards for judging them because if we were to judge them based on the same standards as everyone else they would fail.  Of course most of the affirmative action people aren't aware of how the concept of affirmative action is changing the way they think about themselves in society and they just support it because it's seemingly beneficial to them in the long run but it has disastrous effects on their psyches that they aren't even aware of.  Affirmative action is breeding a generation of people with lowered senses of self-respect who know deep down in their hearts that a significant reason why they are in the place they are currently in is because of their skin color.  Not their hard work, intelligence, but their skin color.  What an awful thing that is to realize.  Imagine if someone came up to you and told you that a part of what you worked to achieve in your life was predetermined and that you didn't actually work for it but it was given to you in an arbitrary manner.  That is a soul-destructive realization that takes away a big part of your feeling of self-worth and humanity away from you.   
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2007, 10:33:34 PM »
So if your class is doing so well, why are you complaining? I know the job isn't easy by a long shot, but is it the other teachers' students who are pushing your buttons and making you hate your job or just the routine? And congrats by the way. :)

Erica, It's the system and the parents. The system is too liberal and P.C. to tell the parents how to act at home and the Parents all too often are irresponsible.

Erica

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2007, 10:33:37 PM »

See,

You ARE a conservative at heart.

I bet you'll be just like Crazy Joe.

You'll be Crazy Erica, the 'bat' lady. :)
I won't have to carry a bat around (even as a prop) to get my students to learn and care about their educations though. I'm conservative about some things, liberal about others. One thing I don't believe in is placing blame on white people when as a black person (born free, no less)you have the ability and intelligence to do anything you set your mind to.

newman

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2007, 10:36:10 PM »
The people who support and push affirmative action and the affirmative action mentality are unwittingly creating people who think that they can't make it based on their own merits and that they need special help in order to compete with "normal" people.  How demoralizing is that?  What a horrible and offensive thing to teach people!  It's telling them that they're different than everyone else and that we should have different standards for judging them because if we were to judge them based on the same standards as everyone else they would fail.  Of course most of the affirmative action people aren't aware of how the concept of affirmative action is changing the way they think about themselves in society and they just support it because it's seemingly beneficial to them in the long run but it has disastrous effects on their psyches that they aren't even aware of.  Affirmative action is breeding a generation of people with lowered senses of self-respect who know deep down in their hearts that a significant reason why they are in the place they are currently in is because of their skin color.  Not their hard work, intelligence, but their skin color.  What an awful thing that is to realize.  Imagine if someone came up to you and told you that a part of what you worked to achieve in your life was predetermined and that you didn't actually work for it but it was given to you in an arbitrary manner.  That is a soul-destructive realization that takes away a big part of your feeling of self-worth and humanity away from you.   

The whole mentallity of which you speak was never intended to improve anybody's lot. It was designed to keep people poor and miserable and create a permanent voting base for the liberals who invented it.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007, 10:38:20 PM »
The black people at my law school are affirmative action and they frankly don't belong there.  It's VERY apparent that they're not up to the level of everyone else.  Also, they always segregate themselves and only talk to each other and no one else.  The white people are always so nice to them but they CHOOSE to only congregate among themselves.  In one of my classes all the white people are sitting in the center of the room and all the blacks are off on one side of the room by themselves.  It's self-segregation and the only reason that they're doing it is because they're taught that people hate them and that they need to stick with each other or else whitey will "bring them down" when in reality most of the liberal white people are willing to bend over and take it from any of them.

Erica

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2007, 10:39:21 PM »

Erica, It's the system and the parents. The system is too liberal and P.C. to tell the parents how to act at home and the Parents all too often are irresponsible.
I know what you're saying and I agree full-heartedly with you. I was talking to my best friend about this very subject last week and we came to the conclusion that there are parents who just expect the teacher to 'babysit' their son or daughter. Some are involved to the point that they'd attend school with their children but some are just lazy and too ignorant to help out.

I seek to change the policy which says that we have to mind our business when suggesting to parents that they help their children out at home with their homework or volunteer for the sake of their children's futures. If the parents are working, I'd work around their schedules to make sure they know about what their child is doing, progress and behavior-wise. Some parents will hate me for it, but some will respect the suggestions.

Erica

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2007, 10:42:50 PM »
The black people at my law school are affirmative action and they frankly don't belong there.  It's VERY apparent that they're not up to the level of everyone else.  Also, they always segregate themselves and only talk to each other and no one else.  The white people are always so nice to them but they CHOOSE to only congregate among themselves.  In one of my classes all the white people are sitting in the center of the room and all the blacks are off on one side of the room by themselves.  It's self-segregation and the only reason that they're doing it is because they're taught that people hate them and that they need to stick with each other or else whitey will "bring them down" when in reality most of the liberal white people are willing to bend over and take it from any of them.
Do those same white people congregate with blacks? I remember back in college, whites sat with whites, Asians with Asians and blacks with blacks because each of the ethnicities thought that the other ethnicity didn't want to really have anything to do with them. SOme self-hating blacks sat alone because they were convinced that whites would make friends with them only to pick their culture apart. Some whites thought that if they made friends with a black person that they'd walk away from the situation speaking in ebonics and dressing 'hood'. There is fear on each side. Almost like inside bullying, only no one is saying anything.

Erica

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2007, 10:45:07 PM »

The whole mentallity of which you speak was never intended to improve anybody's lot. It was designed to keep people poor and miserable and create a permanent voting base for the liberals who invented it.
That I agree with, now. When AA was first implemented it wasn't there to separate the races but make them equal. NOw its thought of something that makes life a living hell for each race because no one is comfortable talking to each other about anything because of the static between the races and AA. I wish it didn't exist, now.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2007, 10:46:12 PM »

I know what you're saying and I agree full-heartedly with you. I was talking to my best friend about this very subject last week and we came to the conclusion that there are parents who just expect the teacher to 'babysit' their son or daughter. Some are involved to the point that they'd attend school with their children but some are just lazy and too ignorant to help out.

I seek to change the policy which says that we have to mind our business when suggesting to parents that they help their children out at home with their homework or volunteer for the sake of their children's futures. If the parents are working, I'd work around their schedules to make sure they know about what their child is doing, progress and behavior-wise. Some parents will hate me for it, but some will respect the suggestions.
Should the system pay these parents to participate with you in their children's education?
What if they just don't want to come to see you at any time?
Most teachers do try to meet with working parents at a convenient time.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

newman

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2007, 10:46:51 PM »

Don't complain about the self-segregation. If they sat near you, you'd have to watch your wallet.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2007, 10:50:46 PM »
Do those same white people congregate with blacks? I remember back in college, whites sat with whites, Asians with Asians and blacks with blacks because each of the ethnicities thought that the other ethnicity didn't want to really have anything to do with them. SOme self-hating blacks sat alone because they were convinced that whites would make friends with them only to pick their culture apart. Some whites thought that if they made friends with a black person that they'd walk away from the situation speaking in ebonics and dressing 'hood'. There is fear on each side. Almost like inside bullying, only no one is saying anything.

Well when everyone sits in class on the first day and the blacks all decide to go together and sit in one area, no one is stopping them from sitting wherever they want.  They choose to go sit together.  None of the white people treat any of the black people any differently, I spoke to a few of the black people and I was just as nice to them as I was to anyone else.  Whenever they see a black person they immediately have to know them, like if they see a black that they don't know they'll immediately go up to him and say hi nice to meet you, what's your name?  I am almost certain that all the black people know each other by now and it's only barely 3 weeks into school.  They don't go up to white people and act like they want to meet them.  There are whites to talk to asians, there's an Indian guy I know who talks to white people and associates with white people and also even arab Muslims who associate with white people and talk to them.  The blacks are different.  They don't seem to want to get to know anyone who isn't black.  It's sort of offensive really because when the black people are walking around it's almost impossible to even say hi to them because they completely ignore you because there's such a degree of separation between them and everyone else. 

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2007, 10:51:35 PM »

Don't complain about the self-segregation. If they sat near you, you'd have to watch your wallet.

I'm not complaining about it.  I'm just saying that the "racism" and "inequality" and "segregation" are all imposed by themselves, not by anyone else.

Erica

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2007, 10:54:30 PM »

Should the system pay these parents to participate with you in their children's education?
What if they just don't want to come to see you at any time?
Most teachers do try to meet with working parents at a convenient time.
If the parents can't get their kids to be bussed to the schools, or are too poor to send the students to school with decent clothing, I dont' see the problem in it. HOwever if they see abuse of the program then it should be kinked right then. Other suggestions should be talked about after the program ends. So there should always be someone trying to help out in other ways.

If the parents don't want to come to see me, I can't force them to, but I can still write and send them messages through their children. I'll have done my part.

My mom was a working mom with 3 children in public schools. She managed to make it to almost every function we had eventhough she wasn't emotionally involved in our schooling. She was difficult that way sometimes; and I don't know why. Alternatively though, some students develop without aid from their parents. They develop their own sense of style, thinking (problem solving) and come up with ways to make their lives better.

Erica

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2007, 10:59:36 PM »

Well when everyone sits in class on the first day and the blacks all decide to go together and sit in one area, no one is stopping them from sitting wherever they want.  They choose to go sit together.  None of the white people treat any of the black people any differently, I spoke to a few of the black people and I was just as nice to them as I was to anyone else.  Whenever they see a black person they immediately have to know them, like if they see a black that they don't know they'll immediately go up to him and say hi nice to meet you, what's your name?  I am almost certain that all the black people know each other by now and it's only barely 3 weeks into school.  They don't go up to white people and act like they want to meet them.  There are whites to talk to asians, there's an Indian guy I know who talks to white people and associates with white people and also even arab Muslims who associate with white people and talk to them.  The blacks are different.  They don't seem to want to get to know anyone who isn't black.  It's sort of offensive really because when the black people are walking around it's almost impossible to even say hi to them because they completely ignore you because there's such a degree of separation between them and everyone else. 

Then I'm more incline to call them 'flaky' people. Just like there are cliques in high school, there are cliques in college also. Those blacks in your class are afraid that the whites will look at them differently or see them as Yacov says often, as Affirmative Action. They put on a front to make it seem as though they're altogether when all they're thinking about is what the white people in the class thinks of them. I dont' have time for all of that mess.

I attend college online and no one besides one of my good friends in my classes knows what race I am (because it never came up). The school dosen't know either because it wasn't a question on the application. I associate with everyone who seems fun, inviting and opinionated. I don't have time to weed out all of the black people online and get to know them, just by virtue of them being black. lol That's too much work.