Author Topic: Anti Depressant Paxi  (Read 2489 times)

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
Anti Depressant Paxi
« on: September 07, 2007, 07:05:30 PM »
Any one in your family ever taken this drug for depression and anxiety?
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
Re: Anti Depressant Paxi
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 07:06:14 PM »
PAXIL

newman

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 07:36:08 PM »
Yes.

Can't remember what brand.

Screwed me up even more.

I'm better off as a drug-free lunatic.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 07:41:35 PM »
My father-in-law did.  He was depressed after he had a stroke.  It was effective for him.
He only took it for a short time though. 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 07:42:15 PM »
Well My doctor decided I needed 20mg (paxil) one time a day  along with folic acid ( whatever that is.) The paxil is for depression and anxiety. I have no idea what the folic acid is for, it sounds like a heavy metal band to me. I've read up on paxil on the internet, but I'd rather speak to people that have ever taken it or know those that have. All I do know is once I start on the med, I can't stop, he said it would make me worse off.

newman

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 07:48:46 PM »
Well My doctor decided I needed 20mg (paxil) one time a day  along with folic acid ( whatever that is.) The paxil is for depression and anxiety. I have no idea what the folic acid is for, it sounds like a heavy metal band to me. I've read up on paxil on the internet, but I'd rather speak to people that have ever taken it or know those that have. All I do know is once I start on the med, I can't stop, he said it would make me worse off.

I'm no expert, but getting brain chemistry right is like picking lotto numbers. What combination? What dose? AGHH!

I'll stick with nicoteine.

Chew tobacco, MW.....It's safer.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 08:10:51 PM »

I haven't taken any yet , but I've been the in Hospital for 2 days. Trust me, from any posts that I've said "I'm at my wits ends." I meant it. Anyway I'm signing off paltalk for a few weeks. Staying on JTF though. My son slammed his door 3 days ago, and I laid the place to oblivion, run him and my wife out and did something else not worth speaking of. On the bright side, I guess I can tell my boss, "don't mess with me, I haven't taken my meds." I see the work weeks ahead being very very easy. 

newman

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 08:13:01 PM »
If it's come to that, try the meds.

That's an emergency.

ftf

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 08:27:32 PM »
I personally reccomend two things, firstly pray, and secondly find someone you trust completely, and tell them about all of your problems, just telling someone about it should help a lot.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2007, 08:33:10 PM »
I personally reccomend two things, firstly pray, and secondly find someone you trust completely, and tell them about all of your problems, just telling someone about it should help a lot.

The Doc never said a word about prayer.

and secondly find someone you trust completely, and tell them about all of your problems, just telling someone about it should help a lot.
Those were his exact words ftf. Same as yours.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2007, 09:52:23 PM »
Folic Acid is in the vitamin B family.
My Mom must take it everyday along with one of her arthritis meds - it helps prevent one of the side effects.  Maybe it is the same for Paxil.  Maybe some of our Docs know?  I couldn't find mention of it anywhere - I just looked.
Paxil must be tapered down - not just stopped or you could feel really sick.
I'm not a big medication person - but sometimes you just need something to help you over the bump in the road.  Sometimes it feels more like a mountain.
I will also keep you in my prayers - Jeff. 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

ftf

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 06:04:49 PM »

and secondly find someone you trust completely, and tell them about all of your problems, just telling someone about it should help a lot.
Well those are the two things that brought me back when I'd given up on living last year.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 06:45:46 PM by ftf »

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2007, 06:42:40 PM »

Well those are the two things that brought me back when II'd given up on living last year.

You are young. It was probably hormones.

ftf

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2007, 06:46:27 PM »

Well those are the two things that brought me back when II'd given up on living last year.

You are young. It was probably hormones.
I don't think so, but I'd rather not talk about it, it is in the past now.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2007, 11:34:10 PM »
My sister was on Paxil and it seemed to work for her.  She stopped taking it after a short period of time but for the time she took it, it supposedly worked really great for her.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 11:56:49 PM »
I know it's one of the most popular anti-depressents along with Zoloft, Lexapro, and Prozac.  I always have had my doubts about these drugs, however.  They are pushed on people by the big drug companies and some of the literature suggests they are little more effective than a placebo.  Also, look at some of the side effects they can cause.  I'm not sure it's worth it, unless you are in a truly desperate situation.