Author Topic: Black Savage Banging on a Bucket  (Read 37189 times)

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
Re: Black Savage Banging on a Bucket
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2007, 02:50:45 PM »

Erica

« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2007, 03:43:45 PM »
Erica I don't appreciate you ascribing thoughts and opinions to me that I never stated as you just did several times in the above post. That is what we call a "straw-man" argument.

You never even answered the first question. So let's start with that and keep it simple.

The first question was: would the same violinist with black skin have gotten more support on 14th street in Manhattan? I say "yes". What do you say?
I don't know. I don't live there. I'd like to think he'd be noticed but I don't know. It would depend on what the people around him thought about the music.

Erica

« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »
Perhaps it's more about the novelty of using a bucket as an instrument than it has anything to do with white guilt or patronizing liberals.

If the situation pitted a young payot-wearing orthodox youth playing Klezmer accordion, and an old black man singing Robert Johnson songs on his acoustic guitar, which one do you believe would receive the most attention?
I don't know....I've never heard live music from an accordion. You can ask this question because you've most likely heard that type of music before.  If they were playing "Play that Funky Music, White Boy", I'd sit and listen. :) But my answer is I don't know...I guess it would depend on the people who stop and listen to him.

Erica

« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2007, 03:56:00 PM »
Of course??  You're that sure.  At least the last time I was there, just about every other subway musician in New York is an old black man playing blues songs.

Was the age of the bucket drummer ever established?  I can't imagine that anyone would take a grown man banging on a bucket, of any race, seriously.  At the same time, I'd argue that most people will be more inclined to give their attention to a young "artist", regardless of race, ethnicity, or musical genre.
I didn't think of that, Kanaga. Great point.

I want to offer this up as proof that bucket banging is an actual talent....

Enjoy... Bring In Da Noise, Bring In Da Funk... Featuring Savion Glover and the entire talented cast.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6UUMlW8JuS4

Erica

« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2007, 04:14:02 PM »
Lubab, this is for you...

People actually pay to see this..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ha_K11LNl08

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2007, 04:21:35 PM »
"Lubab, this is for you...

People actually pay to see this..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ha_K11LNl08"

I know they do, but doesn't that just prove my point?

That's like saying more people like Coca Cola than a 400 bottle dollar of wine and saying "you see, coca cola is no different from a fine cabarnet saveigne or whatever".

The reason you and the people who go to these types of shows don't appreciate classical music is because you never took a course called "Music appreciation" or any music theory course at a descent college which teaches you how to understand and appreciate what's going on in a classical peice. It takes a little more work to appreciate it, but when you do it's a million times better. Do you see that?

Now if most of the world is content with low quality because they never took the time to learn to appreciate the real stuff it just goes to show how lazy and dumb downed we've all become. Doesn't it? What am I missing?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 04:26:05 PM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2007, 04:23:11 PM »
For Kananga,

The bucket drummer appeared to be in his late twenties to early thirties.
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Erica

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2007, 04:31:06 PM »
I know they do, but doesn't that just prove my point.

That's like saying more people like Coca Cola than a 400 bottle dollar of wine and saying "you see, coca cola is no different from a fine cabarnet saveigne or whatever".

The reason you and the people who go to these types of shows don't appreciate classical music is because you never took a course called "Music appreciation" which teaches you how to understand and appreciate what's going on in a classical peice. It takes a little more work to appreciate it, but when you do it's a million times better. Do you see that?

Now if most of the world is content with low quality because they never took the time to learn to appreciate the real stuff it just goes to show how lazy and dumb downed we've all become. Doesn't it? What am I missing?
How do you know I never took Music Appreciation, or ANY music classes for that matter, lubab? LOL Did you go to school with me? When I was in high school, I was a soloist in our gospel choir and also competed in Classical Opera competitions with other schools while a member of our Girl's Chorus.. So I 'appreciate' music pretty well, thanks.

Low quality to you is a diamond in the rough to me. Do I HAVE to LOVE classical music because you love it? Let me change it around a little bit...What if I told  you that your taste in music is too closed-off and that I think that you're missing a lot from not enjoying music by my favorite band.>Earth Wind and Fire?

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2007, 04:34:13 PM »
We all know this has nothing to do with classical music, hence the title of this thread.   People patronize these types of performances mainly for the pure novelty aspect of it.  What you appear to be arguing is not whether or not bucket drumming is a valid form of music ( which it is ), but the validity of the person bucket drummer as a musician.   Your argument that because the person isn't classically trained percussionist that somehow the music the person is performing is not valid is nonsense.  I'd go as far to say that it's more likely that a percussionist with classic training would have more appreciation of bucket drumming than your average spectator.  How is that dumbing down?

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2007, 04:35:17 PM »
For Kananga,

The bucket drummer appeared to be in his late twenties to early thirties.

Well the attention given surely must have been out of novelty.

Erica

« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2007, 04:37:52 PM »
We all know this has nothing to do with classical music, hence the title of this thread.   People patronize these types of performances mainly for the pure novelty aspect of it.  What you appear to be arguing is not whether or not bucket drumming is a valid form of music ( which it is ), but the validity of the person bucket drummer as a musician.   Your argument that because the person isn't classically trained percussionist that somehow the music the person is performing is not valid is nonsense.  I'd go as far to say that it's more likely that a percussionist with classic training would have more appreciation of bucket drumming than your average spectator.  How is that dumbing down?
The underlying message here is that a dirty black man with a bucket shoudn't be getting attention because he's 'nothing' . However the well-trained white violinist is better because he obviously had some classical training and spent more time honing their craft, which makes him 'better'.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2007, 04:39:45 PM »
People worship negros nowadays. I mean look at all the white girls obsessed with rap music and dating black men and what not. It's like watching the special olympics, their all challenged in some form so lets make them feel better. *Sigh*

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2007, 04:39:52 PM »
I know they do, but doesn't that just prove my point.

The reason you and the people who go to these types of shows don't appreciate classical music is because you never took a course called "Music appreciation" which teaches you how to understand and appreciate what's going on in a classical peice. It takes a little more work to appreciate it, but when you do it's a million times better. Do you see that?

How do you know I never took Music Appreciation, or ANY music classes for that matter, lubab? LOL Did you go to school with me? When I was in high school, I was a soloist in our gospel choir and also competed in Classical Opera competitions with other schools while a member of our Girl's Chorus.. So I 'appreciate' music pretty well, thanks.

Low quality to you is a diamond in the rough to me. Do I HAVE to LOVE classical music because you love it? Let me change it around a little bit...What if I told  you that your taste in music is too closed-off and that I think that you're missing a lot from not enjoying music by my favorite band.>Earth Wind and Fire?

Exactly.  Why can't a classically trained musican appreciate other forms and aspects of music outside of classical music.  I can appreciate Rare Essence just as much as I can appreciate Rare Earth, Hildegard Von Bingen to Armand Van Helden, Take 6 to Anonymous 4.

Erica

« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2007, 04:40:15 PM »
Why aren't you at least happy that this guy is a bucket banger instead of a 'gang banger'? This goes to show you that even at some black's lowest, even the smallest attempt at greatness can be looked past just because their 'talent' doesn't fit someone else's expectation.

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2007, 04:42:02 PM »
People worship negros nowadays. I mean look at all the white girls obsessed with rap music and dating black men and what not. It's like watching the special olympics, their all challenged in some form so lets make them feel better. *Sigh*

Ahh see.. there we have it.  Bucket Drumming is about negro worship!!  With all that bucket banging going on before you know it,  lo and behold all da white wimins will start taking their clothes off and you wind up with one big interracial orgy!

Erica

« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2007, 04:43:32 PM »

What has this got to do with white girls? I thought we were talking about music appreciation. A lot of stuffy people don't like black musicians (I'm not talking about rap artists, persay) but drummers, or bass players for that matter because they can't do what that artist does. This has NOTHING to do with dating black men...why must everything be so perverted here?

Erica

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »

Ahh see.. there we have it.  Bucket Drumming is about negro worship!!  With all that bucket banging going on before you know it,  lo and behold all da white wimins will start taking their clothes off and you wind up with one big interracial orgy!
Exactly! LOL I had to snicker at that one, kananga. :D

Yes, this smelly homeless guy is just a white chick magnet! lol One beat of the drum and they're all over him... FUNNY.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2007, 04:47:52 PM »

What has this got to do with white girls? I thought we were talking about music appreciation. A lot of stuffy people don't like black musicians (I'm not talking about rap artists, persay) but drummers, or bass players for that matter because they can't do what that artist does. This has NOTHING to do with dating black men...why must everything be so perverted here?

It has everything to do with it, culture is changing and your average white female is more inclined to listen to snoopdog and ludacris rather than real American music like heavy metal or country music or rock. Their culture is infecting us and as a result, people are inclined to figure the black man with his bongo and sticks are more talented than someone whos been practicing the piano or violin for 20 years or so.

Offline Kananga

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2007, 04:51:11 PM »
As far as white wummins go, the black man could very well be more talented.  who gotz da most rivum??  da blacks or da whitz?  :laugh:  :D ;D

Erica

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2007, 04:55:45 PM »

It has everything to do with it, culture is changing and your average white female is more inclined to listen to snoopdog and ludacris rather than real American music like heavy metal or country music or rock. Their culture is infecting us and as a result, people are inclined to figure the black man with his bongo and sticks are more talented than someone whos been practicing the piano or violin for 20 years or so.
So now we're comparing a homeless black dude banging on a bucket in the subway to Ludacris and Snoop Dogg? Are you completely serious? Who ever mentioned anything about white women flocking to this homeless person anyway? If someone doesn't like your kind of music, is it right to guilt them into loving it?

Erica

« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2007, 04:59:38 PM »
As far as white wummins go, the black man could very well be more talented.  who gotz da most rivum??  da blacks or da whitz?  :laugh:  :D ;D
>:( Kananga, what did you just say?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2007, 05:04:27 PM »

So now we're comparing a homeless black dude banging on a bucket in the subway to Ludacris and Snoop Dogg? Are you completely serious? Who ever mentioned anything about white women flocking to this homeless person anyway? If someone doesn't like your kind of music, is it right to guilt them into loving it?

Nope but part of that reason is MTV is shoved down our youths throats, black history month, and teaching kids to be tolerant and sensitive towards black culture because of slavery in America and the whole rosa parks thing where she refused to go to the back of the bus. As a result, we're supposed to be tolerant of this new hip hop culture while black violence and gangs are shoved down our throat by the leftists and self hating Jews. It's perfectly acceptable for blacks to have rap music saying "Kill Whitey" and "[censored] the police" but hey, if a white guy says "hang that [censored]" or what not, the public goes in a uproar. It's "cool" to be black in this day of age, why else are all these kids dressing like wiggers with the whole baggy pants and blasting rap music while their cars going "BOOM BOOM BOOOM BOOOOOM!" with spinners on the cars and all? And what's up with all the kids talking in ebonics and saying "You kno what i'm sayin!"

Erica

« Reply #97 on: September 10, 2007, 05:23:46 PM »

Nope but part of that reason is MTV is shoved down our youths throats, black history month, and teaching kids to be tolerant and sensitive towards black culture because of slavery in America and the whole rosa parks thing where she refused to go to the back of the bus. As a result, we're supposed to be tolerant of this new hip hop culture while black violence and gangs are shoved down our throat by the leftists and self hating Jews. It's perfectly acceptable for blacks to have rap music saying "Kill Whitey" and "deleted the police" but hey, if a white guy says "hang that schvartza" or what not, the public goes in a uproar. It's "cool" to be black in this day of age, why else are all these kids dressing like wiggers with the whole baggy pants and blasting rap music while their cars going "BOOM BOOM BOOOM BOOOOOM!" with spinners on the cars and all? And what's up with all the kids talking in ebonics and saying "You kno what i'm sayin!"
What has THIS got to do with a homeless man? Was he rapping? Was he driving an a car with the bass turned up?

And since when is teaching children to have common sense and to not judge a book by its cover shoving anything down your thoat? You said you hate EVERYONE...And the MTV concept was a white man's idea. lol Blame him for that. And those rap songs you mentioned were recorded 15 years ago. No one listens to that now. LOL Some of today's hip hop is about sex (I hate it)... Some of today's hip hop are about the latest dances...and some hip hop, since you brought up 15 year old hate whitey songs, are about loving each other as a people. But you wouldn't know that because you havent' listened to a hip hop song in 15 years.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2007, 05:36:30 PM »

Nope but part of that reason is MTV is shoved down our youths throats, black history month, and teaching kids to be tolerant and sensitive towards black culture because of slavery in America and the whole rosa parks thing where she refused to go to the back of the bus. As a result, we're supposed to be tolerant of this new hip hop culture while black violence and gangs are shoved down our throat by the leftists and self hating Jews. It's perfectly acceptable for blacks to have rap music saying "Kill Whitey" and "deleted the police" but hey, if a white guy says "hang that schvartza" or what not, the public goes in a uproar. It's "cool" to be black in this day of age, why else are all these kids dressing like wiggers with the whole baggy pants and blasting rap music while their cars going "BOOM BOOM BOOOM BOOOOOM!" with spinners on the cars and all? And what's up with all the kids talking in ebonics and saying "You kno what i'm sayin!"
What has THIS got to do with a homeless man? Was he rapping? Was he driving an a car with the bass turned up?

And since when is teaching children to have common sense and to not judge a book by its cover shoving anything down your thoat? You said you hate EVERYONE...And the MTV concept was a white man's idea. lol Blame him for that. And those rap songs you mentioned were recorded 15 years ago. No one listens to that now. LOL Some of today's hip hop is about sex (I hate it)... Some of today's hip hop are about the latest dances...and some hip hop, since you brought up 15 year old hate whitey songs, are about loving each other as a people. But you wouldn't know that because you havent' listened to a hip hop song in 15 years.

Man, you really don't get what we're trying to say.  We're talking about BLACK CULTURE AS A WHOLE.  The savage bongo player is just a representation for that.  The ghetto rapper is also a representation of that.  We're talking about SCHVARTZA WORSHIP.  That's what we are against, not some homeless person banging a bucket.  You're not getting the big picture.

The whole point is that black culture is bad for everyone (including blacks) and can only have a negative effect on our society.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2007, 05:42:59 PM »
Erica NEVER gets the point.

The point Lubab and others are so painfully trying to make is that:

* Because of the liberal media's schvartza-worship agenda, the public's taste has degenerated to a point where they see a primative making primative noises on a primative 'instrument' as a more desirable diversion than high culture.