Author Topic: Baruch HaShem, Ask JTF Is Ready (09/10)  (Read 2955 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
Baruch HaShem, Ask JTF Is Ready (09/10)
« on: September 10, 2007, 09:35:44 AM »

www.jtf.org/c.mp3

The program was 2 hours and 41 minutes this week.

Long show...

Thanks Chaim and thank you Jimmy.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 02:39:36 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 09:40:12 AM »
Thanks! I have a few weeks of shows to catch up on. This week's show is great so far. :)

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 09:43:55 AM »
Chaim loves doing the show, but he believes that it is too long. He wants to find a way to cut the length of future programs.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 10:33:39 AM »
Chaim loves doing the show, but he believes that it is too long. He wants to find a way to cut the length of future programs.

Quite simply, the show will be much shorter if everybody asked a single, short question. The problem is that Chaim is too nice to strictly enforce that rule.

I suggest that the moderator edits the questions in some fashion before Chaim sees them.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 10:46:17 AM »
Great show!

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 10:56:05 AM »
Are there archives on the ask JTF shows?

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 11:52:04 AM »

I really like the length of the shows although I think people do have a point in that of course hard core listeners are going to listen to a 3 hr show where as a casual supporter probably won't. Alot of the questions are entirely too long though- maybe we should have a limit on the number of lines a question can be. 2 paragraphs or something like that is not a short question.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 01:03:12 PM »
I think the show will be and should be longer, since the organization is growing, Baruh HaShem!
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 01:15:44 PM »
People should ask one quick question or comment only.  I don't know how many times Chaim has asked for this.

Don't people have any respect for him?

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 02:24:12 PM »
I think the show will be and should be longer, since the organization is growing, Baruh HaShem!
Chaim should cut each show for half, he should make one half, rest, and than do the other half .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 02:37:53 PM »
Are there archives on the ask JTF shows?

Yes. jtfarchive.org, show C.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Baruch HaShem, Ask JTF Is Ready (09/10)
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 08:13:43 PM »
Chaim does like to give detailed answers to the questions.  Sometimes he give about 5 to 10 minutes an answer.  So, if there are about 40 questions on one show, it's goes about 3 hours.

Offline YESHA

• Pro JTFer
  • I love our Yesha residents - Judea & Samaria.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 07:36:59 AM »
I think many posters are hitting the nail on the head. Chaim takes more time to answer some questions that require it. Many ask short, consise qestions - but those can take much time to answer.

This is tough. I can't think of a way to shortern shows, despite that being needed now more then ever. More than 2 hrs is problematic, even if people ask only short qs that won't seem to help the problem!

Zev

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2007, 06:53:54 PM »
The only way to effectively shorten the shows is to limit it to 20 questions or 25 questions or less.

This would not be the end of the world.

If you missed last week you'd likely be first on the next show.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 06:58:17 PM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 11:11:43 AM »
That's a good idea.  That way no one can sit at their computers for about 3 hours.  It will be a shorter show.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 10:57:50 PM »
The only way to effectively shorten the shows is to limit it to 20 questions or 25 questions or less.

I don't like this idea, Lubab. Only the hardcore posters will get their questions in. If everybody simply obeyed the rules, Chaim could give quality responses  to a great many questions in a reasonable time frame.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 11:31:20 PM »
If everybody simply obeyed the rules, Chaim could give quality responses  to a great many questions in a reasonable time frame.

Yes.  People continue to ask multi-paragraph questions despite Chaim's request that they be brief.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 11:33:19 PM »

I don't like this idea, Lubab. Only the hardcore posters will get their questions in.

Early bird gets the worm.  (bad analogy, perhaps)  :)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 04:31:22 PM »
Maybe there should be a set time for the show and the questions, say 2 hours-just an example- and once those two hours are up, he stops answering questions. In other words, Chaim answers as many questions as possible in 2 hours and the rest get moved to the next week.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 04:55:16 PM »
Maybe there should be a set time for the show and the questions, say 2 hours-just an example- and once those two hours are up, he stops answering questions. In other words, Chaim answers as many questions as possible in 2 hours and the rest get moved to the next week.
Exectly ...

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 12:06:47 AM »
If everybody simply obeyed the rules, Chaim could give quality responses  to a great many questions in a reasonable time frame.

Yes.  People continue to ask multi-paragraph questions despite Chaim's request that they be brief.

Yes. Especially at the very top of the list.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.