Author Topic: Trump VP Mike Pence sponsored huge amnesty bill - even Coulter condemns (video)  (Read 4585 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

Please publicize this important video everywhere possible.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EEJVF_0HWik

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Thanks,  Chaim.  Great job!

Other than JTF,   I can't think of an organization/ website that has done a better job exposing Donald Trump than Red State.   Below,  I'm going to print out part of an article from that site that highlights Trump's immigration position:

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/07/14/trumps-immigration-supporters-furious-trump-allegedly-picking-pence/

Trump’s Immigration Supporters are FURIOUS About Trump (Allegedly) Picking Pence for VP

Posted at 4:57 pm on July 14, 2016 by Leon H. Wolf

You know who else is a huge fan of "touchback amnesty"? Donald Trump. So... not really sure why they only truly believe it now that Trump's VP pick apparently feels the same? I don't know, I can't pretend to fathom the denuded thought processes of anyone who thinks Donald Trump would actually be a good President.

These people have spent the whole primary season believing that Trump might betray everyone else and everything the Republican party stood for, but surely he wouldn't betray them - even in spite of loads of evidence that he already had. Hilarious.

I can't get enough.

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Thanks,  Chaim.  Great job!

Other than JTF,   I can't think of an organization/ website that has done a better job exposing Donald Trump than Red State.   Below,  I'm going to print out part of an article from that site that highlights Trump's immigration position:

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/07/14/trumps-immigration-supporters-furious-trump-allegedly-picking-pence/

Trump’s Immigration Supporters are FURIOUS About Trump (Allegedly) Picking Pence for VP

Posted at 4:57 pm on July 14, 2016 by Leon H. Wolf

You know who else is a huge fan of "touchback amnesty"? Donald Trump. So... not really sure why they only truly believe it now that Trump's VP pick apparently feels the same? I don't know, I can't pretend to fathom the denuded thought processes of anyone who thinks Donald Trump would actually be a good President.

These people have spent the whole primary season believing that Trump might betray everyone else and everything the Republican party stood for, but surely he wouldn't betray them - even in spite of loads of evidence that he already had. Hilarious.

I can't get enough.
Wikipedia has this to say about Pence on immigration... I will be looking further into it to see if Wickedpedia is reporting this correctly.
Immigration

In June 2006, Pence unveiled an immigration plan (which he described as "No Amnesty Immigration reform") that would include increased border security, followed by strict enforcement of laws against hiring illegal aliens, and a Guest worker program. This guest worker program requires potential participants to apply from their home country to government-approved job placement agencies that match workers with employers who cannot find Americans for the job.[53] The plan received support from conservatives such as Dick Armey,[54] but attracted criticism from other conservatives such as Phyllis Schlafly, Richard A. Viguerie, and Pat Buchanan, who viewed Pence as lending "his conservative prestige to a form of liberal amnesty."[10][55]

In 2010, Pence voted against the DREAM Act, which would grant the undocumented children of illegal immigrants conditional non-immigrant status if they met certain requirements.[56] In 2010, Pence stated that Arizona S.B. 1070, which at the time of passage in 2010 was the US's broadest and strictest anti-illegal immigration legislation, was "a good faith to try and restore order to their communities".[57]

Pence was rated 100% and 92% by the anti-immigration groups FAIR and USBC respectively during his tenure in Congress.[58][59]
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
Wikipedia has this to say about Pence on immigration... I will be looking further into it to see if Wickedpedia is reporting this correctly.
Immigration

In June 2006, Pence unveiled an immigration plan (which he described as "No Amnesty Immigration reform") that would include increased border security, followed by strict enforcement of laws against hiring illegal aliens, and a Guest worker program. This guest worker program requires potential participants to apply from their home country to government-approved job placement agencies that match workers with employers who cannot find Americans for the job.[53] The plan received support from conservatives such as Dick Armey,[54] but attracted criticism from other conservatives such as Phyllis Schlafly, Richard A. Viguerie, and Pat Buchanan, who viewed Pence as lending "his conservative prestige to a form of liberal amnesty."[10][55]

In 2010, Pence voted against the DREAM Act, which would grant the undocumented children of illegal immigrants conditional non-immigrant status if they met certain requirements.[56] In 2010, Pence stated that Arizona S.B. 1070, which at the time of passage in 2010 was the US's broadest and strictest anti-illegal immigration legislation, was "a good faith to try and restore order to their communities".[57]

Pence was rated 100% and 92% by the anti-immigration groups FAIR and USBC respectively during his tenure in Congress.[58][59]

I'm interested to see what you come up with.   One concern I have with Mike Pence is he seemed to back down instead of remaining firm with his position on a critical issue/ legislation.   This is especially concerning considering Donald Trump's history:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/237471-pence-calls-for-immediate-fix-to-controversial-law

March 31, 2015, 11:36 am
Indiana governor backs down, calls for fix to religious law

By Ben Kamisar

Pence rips media ‘smear’ campaign

TheHill.com

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence (R) on Tuesday backed away from his support for a religious freedom law and asked his state Legislature to immediately change it to ensure it would not discriminate against gays and lesbians.

Pence, who signed the bill into law last week, insisted it was not intended to allow businesses to discriminate against gay people.

But in the face of a growing firestorm and economic boycotts of his state, he argued state lawmakers should act immediately to quell concerns over the measure.
“After much reflection and in consultation with leadership of the general assembly, I've come to the conclusion that it would be helpful to move legislation this week that makes it clear that this law does not give businesses the right to deny services to anyone,” Pence said at a press conference Tuesday morning.

“We want to make it clear that Indiana is open for business, we want to make it clear that Hoosier hospitality is not a slogan, it's our way of life.”

Pence, who has been seen as a potential GOP presidential candidate, blamed the media and critics of his law for much of the controversy.

He said he believes the law “does not give anyone a license to deny services to gay and lesbian couples,” and argued it had been mischaracterized. He argued that a clarification is necessary to combat the “perception problem.”

“The proper legislative remedy is to focus on the perception that has been created by the misunderstanding,” he said. “This was grossly mischaracterized by advocates who opposed the bill and frankly sloppy reporting.”

The controversy has highlighted the increasing acceptance of same-sex marriage across the country, and how perceived attacks on gay rights can backfire. Pence and other Republicans initially applauded the law, seeking to justify it by pointing to the fact that a religious freedom law was signed by President Clinton with bipartisan support back in the 1990s, when the public largely disapproved of gay marriage.

But when critics charged that Indiana's law could be used to discriminate against gays and lesbians, public perception soured. A number of business leaders and industries with ties to the state responded swiftly to condemn the law and threaten to pull business from Indiana — just as the state prepared to host the NCAA men’s basketball Final Four.

Pence deflected that criticism during a press conference, asserting that the law only forces the government to have a strong justification for any action that could infringe on religious beliefs.

“What courts have found, without exception, over the past 20-plus years, is that the state has a compelling interest in combating discrimination, and I support that interpretation,” he said, when asked if the law would have forced a Christian florist to provide flowers for the wedding of a gay or lesbian couple. 

“I believe in my heart of hearts that no one should be discriminated against because of who they are, who they love, or what they believe.”

The Democratic National Committee released a statement bashing Pence and potential GOP presidential candidates who have supported the Indiana law, including former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.), and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker.

“Nothing Gov. Pence said today changes the fact he advocated for and signed into law a bill that allows Indiana business to discriminate against the LGBT community under the guise of religious freedom," said Holly Shulman, the DNC national press secretary.

"The business community is not lining up against [the Religious Freedom Restoration Act] because of the media backlash, they’re lining up against RFRA because of what it is designed to do: discriminate against LGBT individuals."

— This story was last updated at 1:48 p.m.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                        :fist:

Superb video Chaim and excellent, well thought out analysis and take on this issue eb22.
 Coulter, imperfect as she is, at times spewing absurdities, was correct to condemn the
 anti-conservative policy of so-called conservative Pence. The whole country will be tense
 particularly with Mike Pence!

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
:usa+israel:                                                                                                                        :fist:

Superb video Chaim and excellent, well thought out analysis and take on this issue eb22.
 Coulter, imperfect as she is, at times spewing absurdities, was correct to condemn the
 anti-conservative policy of so-called conservative Pence. The whole country will be tense
 particularly with Mike Pence!

Thanks, Nachus!

Related to what you mentioned in another recent thread,   it's not reassuring in the least that Mike Pence reminds us as the American version of Netanyoyo.   That much more with the ultra erratic Donald Trump at the top of the Republican Ticket.   

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Just realize we will not get the leaders we need.   The whole politicial scene is not worthy anymore, leaving a gap for a Mr. Fix it to come onto the scene who will be the antichrist, the man of lawlessness who will charm people and deceive them with a tongue that speaks great things but blasphemes the Lord our God.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
I said to my dad that if Trump does win the election, he won't throw out not one person who is here Illegally. 

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
The politicians are serving themselves, I wonder if its even possible to get a candidate who supports and will stand up for sovereign borders?

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
I wish Mike Pence was at the Top of the ticket, but Trump is going to be much better than Hillary on national security.   None of us will be happy with 65,000 refugees a year coming in...its going to be war for the U.S. because of the terrorists coming in.