Author Topic: Trump: parts of wall could be 'fence'  (Read 1055 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Trump: parts of wall could be 'fence'
« on: November 13, 2016, 03:45:15 PM »
A fence?  Whats the point... might as well put in traffic cones!!!

In an interview with 60 Minutes, which is set to air tonight, reports suggest that Trump will confirm his plans to immediately deport the 2-3 million illegal immigrants currently in the United States with a criminal record.  Trump is also set to confirm that construction of a border wall along our southern border will begin soon after inauguration.  That said, according to The Hill, Trump failed to comment on the fate of the other 7-8 million immigrants who are in the United States illegally but do not have a criminal record, saying instead that his administration would make a "determination" on that point after the border is secure.

“What we are going to do is get the people that are criminal and have criminal records, gang members, drug dealers, where a lot of these people, probably two million, it could be even three million, we are getting them out of our country or we are going to incarcerate,” the president-elect said in an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" to air Sunday evening.  “But we’re getting them out of our country, they’re here illegally.”

After the border is "secure," Trump said, his administration will begin to make a "determination" about what to do with the remaining undocumented immigrants in the U.S.

“After the border is secure and after everything gets normalized, we’re going to make a determination on the people that they’re talking about who are terrific people, they’re terrific people but we are gonna make a determination at that,” he said. “But before we make that determination...it’s very important, we are going to secure our border.”

Meanwhile, Trump also intimates in the 60 Minutes interview that certain parts of the border "wall" could actually be fencing.

President-elect Donald Trump said in an interview to air on Sunday that certain areas of his promised border wall with Mexico, a key part of his White House campaign platform, could be fence instead.

Asked in an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" whether he would accept a fence instead of a wall, Trump said "for certain areas I would," according to excerpts.

"But certain areas, a wall is more appropriate. I'm very good at this, it's called construction, there could be some fencing," Trump said.
As a reminder, here is a brief summary of the immigration policies that Trump laid out in his August 31, 2016 speech in Arizona just hours after meeting with the President of Mexico.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Trump: parts of wall could be 'fence'
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 04:48:22 PM »
It may be a fence of the type Israel set at long parts of her Borders. It can be an effective barrier, however no barrier alone will suffice. There should be a policy of deportation for those who manage to sneak in, employing illegal aliens should be felony with heavy monetary fines for both illegal employer and illegal employee.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 05:19:48 PM »
It may be a fence of the type Israel set at long parts of her Borders. It can be an effective barrier, however no barrier alone will suffice. There should be a policy of deportation for those who manage to sneak in, employing illegal aliens should be felony with heavy monetary fines for both illegal employer and illegal employee.

Yes, I think its the employers who are the biggest issue here.  They are practically encouraged to hire illegals here.  But I was thinking... he said he was going to start by deporting the criminals... which is great... EXCEPT... if they can get right back in.... that would be a catastrophe.  There needs to be something that stops that... .either a giant wall... or having Mexico incarcerate them.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 05:52:59 PM »
Israel's security wall is also part fence.   They actually use that to brag to the libs "Look, only a small portion of our security wall is actually a wall, see it's not all concrete and scary and imposing."

No one buys that argument, as with most of their PR idiocy but it may very well be that monitored fences are in some ways more practical than the concrete slabs and a necessary component of wall system.  I don't see what the problem is.  The point is, secure the border.   The Dems and most republicans, as globalists, were not willing to do that under any circumstance.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 05:55:32 PM »
We need to do away with birthright citizenship.  Then these pregnant illegals won't be stampeding here to squirt out their kids who automatically become American citizens, and who then end up qualifying for all kinds of government assistance. 

And once these kids become citizens, it becomes even more difficult to depoart the mothers (never mind finding out who "studs" are that sired these kids).  G-d forbid you even try, they wail about about how mean America is to break up families.  Uh helloooo!!! America is not breaking up families.  These parents are the ones that would rather leave their kids alone in a foreign country rather than take them back so they can be with their families. 

Now I would like to know once and for all, what kind of sick people would leave their very own small children alone in a foreign country, just so they can continue to mooch of that same foreign country in the near and distant future?????

Trump brought this up at the beginning of his campaign but didn't pursue it further. 

Am I making any sense?

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 07:19:52 PM »
Yes it makes sense but I don't see any chance of changing the automatic citizenship at birth, it has been interpreted into the constitution by the supreme court.
We need to do away with birthright citizenship.  Then these pregnant illegals won't be stampeding here to squirt out their kids who automatically become American citizens, and who then end up qualifying for all kinds of government assistance. 

And once these kids become citizens, it becomes even more difficult to depoart the mothers (never mind finding out who "studs" are that sired these kids).  G-d forbid you even try, they wail about about how mean America is to break up families.  Uh helloooo!!! America is not breaking up families.  These parents are the ones that would rather leave their kids alone in a foreign country rather than take them back so they can be with their families. 

Now I would like to know once and for all, what kind of sick people would leave their very own small children alone in a foreign country, just so they can continue to mooch of that same foreign country in the near and distant future?????

Trump brought this up at the beginning of his campaign but didn't pursue it further. 

Am I making any sense?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 08:22:09 PM »

Am I making any sense?

I agree with you on this... but it might be an impossible win this battle... it depends upon the leanings of the supreme court.   

After the last year, I really think the Supreme Court could care less about the constitution.  Take a look at the last few rulings.  How exactly does the Constitution protect the right to abortion???   What in the heck are they thinking?