Author Topic: Betsy DeVos - Trump's Secretary of Education pick-----Pro-Muslim, Anti-Israel?  (Read 2818 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Debbie Schlussel paints a bleak picture of Betsy DeVos if she is confirmed as Secretary of Education:

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/83731/betsy-devos-affirmative-action-pimp-islamo-panderer-guess-who-her-brother-is/

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
She's also against everything Donald promised he was in favor of on the campaign trail in terms of education.  LOL epic fail

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
The way Trump mentioned "common core" through the election campaign made me think he has about the same idea about the meaning of it as he has about the nuclear triad.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
I read Debbie's post. 

What's also interesting is that Ben Shapiro, who is Never Trump wrote that it was a good move, being that Ms DeVos is in favor of schoold choice.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
The way Trump mentioned "common core" through the election campaign made me think he has about the same idea about the meaning of it as he has about the nuclear triad.
Getting rid of Common Core is a bad thing?  That is what he said during the election about Common Core.  He will get rid of it.

We are worried about his pick being pro Muslim and anti Israel?

Do we worry about the propaganda that is inserted into Common Core?
No textbook comes home for the common core curriculum classes.  The parent is eliminated from the equation entirely.  You have no idea what is being taught to your children.
So, while I would hope we do not have anti Semitic people in office.  I hope common core is placed on the dust heap of history.  I would be very disappointed if Trump doesn't work at eliminating common core.  But it is too early to start crictizing him in my opinion, until we see what he, and his pick, do.
If Clinton had gotten into office we can be 100 percent sure the person leading the show was pro Muslim and anti Israel. 
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Oh no I am in favor of getting rid of common core. I just think that the way he said it seemed like a slogan he threw in attract conservative voters without ever bothering to understand what it is.
Getting rid of Common Core is a bad thing?  That is what he said during the election about Common Core.  He will get rid of it.

No textbook comes home for the common core curriculum classes.  The parent is eliminated from the equation entirely.  You have no idea what is being taught to your children.
So, while I would hope we do not have anti Semitic people in office.  I hope common core is placed on the dust heap of history.  I would be very disappointed if Trump doesn't work at eliminating common core.  But it is too early to start crictizing him in my opinion, until we see what he, and his pick, do.
If Clinton had gotten into office we can be 100 percent sure the person leading the show was pro Muslim and anti Israel.

• Gold Star JTF Member

This woman fought tirelessly for common core and used her money to defeat the people who were fighting against it.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
I would have to research that more.  The statement, on common core, she put out tried to put that story to rest. 
But...it would be a pretty big campaign promise to go back on.  And it would be very disappointing. 
Still, I guess I will have to reserve my judgment for now.  He is not in office yet.  Again, would the alternative have been better?

Why are the teacher union's against her?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/trump-picks-billionaire-betsy-devos-school-voucher-advocate-as-education-secretary/2016/11/23/c3d66b94-af96-11e6-840f-e3ebab6bcdd3_story.html

From her Twitter account Wednesday, DeVos linked to a website where she wrote that she had initially believed in the standards but became disenchanted with them as they “got turned into a federalized boondoggle.”
“I am not a supporter — period,” she wrote.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 10:14:49 PM by Poppy »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Debbie Schlussel seems to be the only one putting this pro Arab slant on Betsy DeVos... From what I see written about her other than that she seems acceptable... Let's face it Trump talked about getting rid of  common core and  DeVos seems to be the right person for the position... All this pro Arab stuff is another picture entirely... The bottom line here is schools for some time now embrace the third world as being great while disparaging the first and second... If there is going to be a reversal of this sort of teaching I think the mindset of the educators themselves will have to change... Most teachers today rabid liberals and believe that things like a two state solution are the only way to help the Arabs in Israel out of the fix they are in and that is only the start of it... Even the few conservative minded teachers have to go along with this sort of thinking or be looked at as some form of conservative bigot...  If DeVos can breakup the monopoly the public school system has had on where most children go to school by giving parents a choice we may start to see some improvement...  Brass tacks, I don't see the possibility that Hillary would have appointed anything better... Speaking of children has anyone looked into the Pizza Gate scandal that names Clinton as well as many other democrats...  It's quite interesting what has been going on in Washington when it comes to children welfare. :o
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
I would have to research that more.  The statement, on common core, she put out tried to put that story to rest. 
But...it would be a pretty big campaign promise to go back on.  And it would be very disappointing. 
Still, I guess I will have to reserve my judgment for now.  He is not in office yet.  Again, would the alternative have been better?

Why are the teacher union's against her?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/trump-picks-billionaire-betsy-devos-school-voucher-advocate-as-education-secretary/2016/11/23/c3d66b94-af96-11e6-840f-e3ebab6bcdd3_story.html

From her Twitter account Wednesday, DeVos linked to a website where she wrote that she had initially believed in the standards but became disenchanted with them as they “got turned into a federalized boondoggle.”
“I am not a supporter — period,” she wrote.

http://truthinamericaneducation.com/common-core-state-standards/hey-buzzfeed-devos-not-anti-common-core

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/11/betsy-devos-as-education-secretary-what-you-need-to-know-about-trumps-pick

And other links which explained how anti-common core parent activists had to fight against Devos and her lobbying machine and $$$

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
I had already read the Conservative Review article.  But thank you Kahane-Was-Right BT.  I reread both.  Better to be informed from all sides.

I would hope the head wags the tail, not the other way around, in a Trump presidency.
Only time will tell.  It would be a grave mistake for Trump to renege on repealing Common Core.

I am hoping for the best.  Do I expect everything that came out of Trump's mouth to be true?  Of course not.

I really don't trust anyone today.

Still, how would Clinton have been any better on education.  Except in that you were 100 percent sure what you were getting.