Author Topic: Ivanka and Jared’s Ride to Church on Shabbat  (Read 754 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Ivanka and Jared’s Ride to Church on Shabbat
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 03:26:08 AM »
As if every Jew in JTF is 100% shabat observer.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 07:46:53 AM »
I couldn't imagine any daughter, who loves and respects her father, not being part of important events in his life.  I would have thought less of her for not attending the inaugural activities.  Saturday she attended a religious ceremony.  She wasn't out in the streets protesting with her shirt off or a symbolically idiotic hat on.  I think God could forgive that.  But, obviously, I am not Jewish.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:57:53 AM by Poppy »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 02:59:53 PM »
Were they taking pictures or did they stand on the balcony allowing the press to take their pictures from below?

Riding in a car is less problematic if someone opened the car door for them and they didn't press any buttons in the car. Being at a church service on Shabbat is worse than breaking Shabbat. The prohibition of going into a church stems from the prohibition of idolatry, one of the three cardinals sins that you are not permitted to do even to save your life. The other two cardinal sins are murder and sexual immorality.

Going to a church service is obviously worse than being in the church just to take a tour. Also, doing it on Shabbat seems worse, although I don't know if there is a specific extra Halachic problem doing it on Shabbat.

Offline ZionIDF

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 08:02:16 PM »
I wonder if Queen Esther who was married to a Gentile King had the same problem.