Author Topic: Cruz extolling Trump: has Chaim gone monosyllabic?  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
Cruz extolling Trump: has Chaim gone monosyllabic?
« on: January 23, 2017, 09:10:34 PM »
If even Chaim's nominee, Cruz, himself here extols Trump, is there anything that Trump can do or say that would quell Chaim's seeming enduring hostility for him?

« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:32:11 PM by Yerusha »

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Cruz extolling Trump: has Chaim gone monosyllabic?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 12:30:59 AM »
If even Chaim's nominee, Cruz, himself here extols Trump, is there anything that Trump can do or say that would quell Chaim's seeming enduring hostility for him?

Monosyllabic?  Is that an inside thing I've missed out on.

Cruz woulda been a much better pick... I can't say that enough.  And I have nothing against most of the NeverTrumpers (except G. Beck).

But isnt it interesting that the candidates that continue to hate him the most are all the pathetic RINOs:  Lyndsey Graham, Marco Rubio.. and Jeb Bush.  And the ones that are the furthest right: Cruz and Huckabee are very supportive of his cabinet and his first few days, and his whole direction.  Its at least a good sign.. but we shall see.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 01:54:24 AM »
Why is Yerusha so obsessed with Trump and his "honor" ?

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 07:29:13 PM »

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 10:29:23 PM »
Why is Yerusha so obsessed with Trump and his "honor" ?

I never thought I'd see Trump and honor in the same sentence.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 12:55:58 PM »
I think Chaim and many others have a good reason to be pessimistic about President Trump. (I'm cautiously optimistic).

But be aware Chaim has come out and said that if what he does yields good results, he will admit he was wrong.

Right now, I personally like a lot of what I'm seeing with him.. However, it might be fog and mirrors.  My advice is not to get blinded by what seems like goodness.  Stay critical of his actions.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 06:13:34 PM »
The media did lie about the crowd size and pushed that to delegitimize him.  The picture is clearly not from during the inauguration and people were delayed getting in.  Gigapixel posted by I think NY times or maybe even cnn itself does show crowd going all the way back to Capitol building while he is speaking.  There may be 1 or 2 spots where it's not as crowded and probably less than attended obamas first inauguration, but that photo was straight up dishonest, nowhere near that sparse.  The gigapixel shows a huge crowd.

I don't particularly like his picks such as Mattis and tillerson, but I do like Pompeo and greenfield obviously.  I think Devos should be blocked, she has proven herself a knave during the confirmation hearings. 

But of the things he did so far, I don't see anything to complain about yet.  If he gets companies to build factories in US rather than overseas as it appears to be happening , then he has done something great.  I am not a globalist.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 12:07:41 AM »
I think Chaim and many others have a good reason to be pessimistic about President Trump. (I'm cautiously optimistic).

But be aware Chaim has come out and said that if what he does yields good results, he will admit he was wrong.

Right now, I personally like a lot of what I'm seeing with him.. However, it might be fog and mirrors.  My advice is not to get blinded by what seems like goodness.  Stay critical of his actions.

Yeah.... pretty much all the general election GOP candidates pretend to be conservative... then turn into Bush/Mccain/Rinos.

But so far... I'm very impressed....   (crossing my fingers)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 04:43:15 AM »
Dr. Dan is right.

Do we criticize Netanyahu? What's the difference? There should be pressure from the right and people should know what's going on - especially when it effects Israel.

There are still are some serious problems, like two of the picks for the supreme court and Trump pressuring Israel into a so-called “two state solution”. No one should ignore that.

We hope that Trump keeps his word and does good for Israel and the United States, but there are still some big red flags. No one should ever blindly follow politicians trusting every word - especially when they were liberal and donated to Hillary Clinton - even inviting the Clintons to their wedding while his daughter and Chelsea Clinton are still best friends. I'm not sure why that doesn't bother his supporters.

Furthermore, Ted Cruz also praised Mitch McConnell. That doesn't mean we reject Ted Cruz even though we strongly disagree... and it sure doesn't mean we accept RINO Mitch McConnell. We focus on Torah values, truth, logic, history, and track records. Not favorites or popularity.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 05:36:32 AM »
No one should ever blindly follow politicians trusting every word - especially when they were liberal and donated to Hillary Clinton - even inviting the Clintons to their wedding while his daughter and Chelsea Clinton are still best friends. I'm not sure why that doesn't bother his supporters.

Furthermore, Ted Cruz also praised Mitch McConnell. That doesn't mean we reject Ted Cruz even though we strongly disagree... and it sure doesn't mean we accept RINO Mitch McConnell. We focus on Torah values, truth, logic, history, and track records. Not favorites or popularity.
No one should EVER follow someone blindly.
Everyone acts like Trump supporters are mindless followers.
I think most of them were, and are, tired of business as usual.
Tired of being screwed by the Clinton's, Bushes, Obama and the rest of them. I think Trump, the man, is the same. Tired of seeing his country decimated.  And he has a huge ego.  In a way....thank goodness.
He has been brash enough to expose the whole house of cards.  For that alone he has earned my respect.
So, he dealt with the Clinton's.  Want to do business in N.Y. and run in the right circles?  Invite the Clinton's to a wedding and have them come.  Grease the wheels.  So Ivanka is friends with Chelsea.  What does that mean?  Are you politically and morally on the same page as every one of your friends.  They are daughters of powerful people.  Something to bond over.
Anyway, I think he is doing a good job so far.  But I know that I would be lumped in as a mindless Trumpster.  At this point, I can't say I mind. Another 4 years of the other side and this country was done.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 02:16:04 PM »
Oh see Chaim, if you don't extol and praise Trump you're nothing but a monosyllable. That what you want to be?

Lol nice try Yershua.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 03:51:54 PM »
Nothing a conclusion so early.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.