Author Topic: Each NHL Team Has an ‘LGBTQ-Inclusion Ambassador’ Now  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Each NHL Team Has an ‘LGBTQ-Inclusion Ambassador’ Now
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 09:22:12 AM »
Dying sport.
Pandering for the bottom line.
Like so many other companies.  They don't want to be left off the White Man Bashing train.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 01:47:17 PM »
Hockey is the most white of all sports. It's the most diverse as well. It has people from so many European countries, Canada, and the United States. It even has black Canadians on some teams. You can also say baseball is the most diverse, but not white diversity. It has many non-whites from Latin America and Eastern Asia. The amount of blacks in baseball is actually going down compared to other sports.

Hockey is on the rise, unlike the NBA. The NBA is mostly a joke. It is the least diverse. It's mostly black and has a few whites, although most of the whites are from other countries.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 02:13:04 PM »
My favorite sport the last couple of years is MMA and somewhat fortunately there are some conservative and libertarians in that scene who don't afraid to speak up but we'll see how long it continues. I would rather to just keep politics out of sport events altogether to be honest.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 02:29:42 PM »
Hockey is a great sport.   The NHL though is a joke.  It's the worst run professional sports league that I'm aware of.  More than half the teams make the playoffs,  with first round playoff upsets the norm.  There's no incentive for me to watch a regular season NHL game.   That much more after reading the feature article of this thread.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 04:30:37 PM »
Hockey is a great sport.   The NHL though is a joke.  It's the worst run professional sports league that I'm aware of.  More than half the teams make the playoffs,  with first round playoff upsets the norm.  There's no incentive for me to watch a regular season NHL game.   That much more after reading the feature article of this thread.

Half the teams also make the playoffs in the NBA. In both sports, each league has 4 playoff rounds with 16 teams in the first round.

My favorite hockey to watch on TV is the outdoor games. I don't usually watch all of every regular season game that I watch. But I do watch the entirety of the outdoor games.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 05:21:05 PM »

Half the teams also make the playoffs in the NBA. In both sports, each league has 4 playoff rounds with 16 teams in the first round.

My favorite hockey to watch on TV is the outdoor games. I don't usually watch all of every regular season game that I watch. But I do watch the entirety of the outdoor games.

I rarely watch a regular season NBA game because 16 out of 30 teams make the playoffs in that league as well.  A major difference though in the two leagues is at least with the NBA, the high seed teams rarely lose in the first round.    In the NHL,  it's not uncommon for a low seed team to get to the Stanley Cup Finals.  The Western Conference 8th seeded LA Kings won the Stanley Cup in 2012.   Why even play the regular season in the NHL?   This isn't a knock on the sport of hockey and the players. 
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 05:43:58 PM »
Does the NHL has similar "welfare" system like the NBA and NFL, which means smaller teams get bigger share of the revenues than they generate?