Author Topic: Trump: Settlement Construction Unhelpful to Peace, Israel Should Act Reasonably  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
“I don’t want to condemn Israel. There is a long history of Israel enduring condemnations and difficulties. I do not want to condemn Israel during my tenure. I understand Israel and respect Israel,” Trump said. “I want peace between the Israelis and Palestinians.”

https://jtf.org/trump-settlement-construction-unhelpful-to-peace-israel-should-act-reasonably-and-i-dont-want-to-condemn-israel/
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Let's see what Dimbulb and LyinIDF have to say to this.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Though the end result is horrific,  my take is Donald Trump wants a ' peace agreement'  because of ego,  not because of so called ' social justice'.  Hopefully,  that will mean that Trump won't make ' peace talks'  a priority,  unlike when BHO occupied the oval office and was obsessive in his desire to impose on Israel.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline GreenLightToGo

• Full JTFer
There's a quote in the article I found interesting:

“Many people think that it is impossible,” he said. “Many smart people close to me have argued that such agreement can’t be achieved. I don’t agree with them. I think we can reach an agreement and that we need to reach an agreement,” Trump said.

The smart people he's talking about are probably GOP establishment types, and they're arguing to him that a peace deal can't be achieved. Not that it shouldn't, and that there's no Palestinian people. They're right that it can't be achieved, but I don't think Trump has more malice toward Israel than establishment Republicans like Romney or McCain, who JTF supported previously.

Presidents have checks and balances to prevent them from becoming dictators, but they can use the bully pulpit as much as they want, and that's something that many voters understood Trump was willing to take advantage of. He says "Islam hates us", "there's a Muslim problem", "Muslim immigration should be stopped", etc. The political transition that's happening in America is going to start off rocky.

Ted Cruz isn't selling out by supporting the Trump movement. He and some other Trump supporting politicians understand that you can't change anything without getting involved. You have to roll with the punches. Someone smart said that to Chaim once. Trump makes mistakes, but they're not intentional Obama-style mistakes. Trump isn't closed off to the truth, and you have to take advantage of that to tell him stuff like how there isn't any historical Palestine.