Author Topic: Oklahoma Lawmaker Asks Muslims: ‘Do You Beat Your Wife?’  (Read 1843 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/534282/oklahoma-lawmaker-asks-muslims-do-you-beat-your-wife.html
An Oklahoma lawmaker who once likened Islam to cancer required Muslims to answer several written questions — including, “Do you beat your wife?” — before agreeing to meet with them.
Republican state Rep. John Bennett’s office distributed the questionnaire on Thursday as the Oklahoma chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations organized its annual Muslim Day at the Capitol. The lawmaker’s office gave the list of questions to three Islamic school students who came to his office and asked to speak with him.

“(The prophet) Mohammed was a killer of pagans, Christians and Jews that did not agree with him,” read one of 18 questions on the form. “Do you agree with his example?”
The questions asked Muslims whether they would denounce terror groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah and whether they believed former Muslims should be punished for leaving Islam. One question asked Muslims if they agreed that Islamic law, known as Sharia, should rule over non-Muslims.

The questionnaire drew a swift rebuke from civil rights groups and Oklahoma’s CAIR chapter, which represents about 40,000 Oklahoma residents who are Muslims.

“Nobody should be vetted with stupid, Islamophobic, hateful, bigoted questions before they can meet with their representative,” said Adam Soltani, the executive director of CAIR-Oklahoma.

Bennett did not return a message seeking comment on the questionnaire Saturday.

The lawmaker has previously referred to Islam as “a cancer in our nation that needs to be cut out.” At an interim study Bennett convened in October to study the religion, he suggested that CAIR and a local imam were terrorists.

Recently, Bennett came under fire when he posted a news story on Facebook critical of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and added the comment, “2 words … firing squad.”

“It’s frustrating that Representative Bennett keeps pressing the issue in the way he does,” said Anna Facci, the government affairs director for CAIR-OK. “It certainly is frustrating but it’s not surprising.”

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Oklahoma Lawmaker Asks Muslims: ‘Do You Beat Your Wife?’
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 03:40:14 AM »
Some Questions he asked should be a necessary pre-condition for everybody with self respect. Even I would even not do business with someone who thinks I should be killed, or who supports organizations that support something like this.

But one is not. This wife beating issue is mentioned most often as a point of critique, but in what way we are touched?

Lots of more important are the points that threaten us in our existence.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 05:22:51 AM »
Islam is an evil religion and if some Muslims act okay, it is because they are currently under secular influences and not following what their false prophet Mohammed told them to do. One day these okay Muslims might return to their religious roots and cause havoc and we all know several examples of this.
This is probably what's driving the Oklahoma lawmaker to ask the questions he's asking.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 11:55:39 AM »
Legitimizing wifebeating is a red flag of evil values. You are also not directly affected by a pedophile, so would you be "ok" being in business with someone who assures you he only molest members of his own family?
Some Questions he asked should be a necessary pre-condition for everybody with self respect. Even I would even not do business with someone who thinks I should be killed, or who supports organizations that support something like this.

But one is not. This wife beating issue is mentioned most often as a point of critique, but in what way we are touched?

Lots of more important are the points that threaten us in our existence.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 12:15:26 AM »
Legitimizing wifebeating is a red flag of evil values. You are also not directly affected by a pedophile, so would you be "ok" being in business with someone who assures you he only molest members of his own family?

I don't legitimize it. This is not my point.

But were to draw the line to whom to sell. I need to sell or I have no income. It is not about private relations. There is another line.  A much more stricter.

I like it systematically even morally.

If I would not sell to the wife beater, I would not sell to the adulterer, to the scoffer, ...

I think there is even another angle to look at it. If you are as a woman a member of this group, you know certainly about the rules there. In Europe and United States everybody can leave. Simply call the police and tell my husband is beating me. Most of them will not and they have even a strong Muslim identity. What can I do about it? And if I sell some rags to the husband at least she and the children have something to wear.

I have so much to do with my own challenges. And I have limited resources. So first God, then my family and me, then the brethren and friends and then after a long distance the rest.

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 04:35:26 AM »
You don't need to verify to whom you sell merchandise. It's not your duty as a merchant. If you were a political lawmaker like in this article than it would be your job to verify the ideology of lobbyists and organisations with whom you meet.
I don't legitimize it. This is not my point.

But were to draw the line to whom to sell. I need to sell or I have no income. It is not about private relations. There is another line.  A much more stricter.

I like it systematically even morally.

If I would not sell to the wife beater, I would not sell to the adulterer, to the scoffer, ...

I think there is even another angle to look at it. If you are as a woman a member of this group, you know certainly about the rules there. In Europe and United States everybody can leave. Simply call the police and tell my husband is beating me. Most of them will not and they have even a strong Muslim identity. What can I do about it? And if I sell some rags to the husband at least she and the children have something to wear.

I have so much to do with my own challenges. And I have limited resources. So first God, then my family and me, then the brethren and friends and then after a long distance the rest.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 01:22:14 PM »
Any question can be asked to the muslamic terrorists.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.