Author Topic: New 'Dove' commercial shows 'transgender' mom  (Read 1712 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
New 'Dove' commercial shows 'transgender' mom
« on: April 19, 2017, 12:38:06 PM »
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/04/17/doves-new-real-moms-commercial-features-transgender-parent/

Dove, trying to appeal to a younger audience, has a new “Real Moms” ad campaign, and it features a transgender woman.

The ad showcases a diverse spectrum of mothers — parents of all races, with differing careers, and sexual orientations — and begins with the text: “Moms are redefining what it means to be a ‘good mom.’ ”

After introducing a stay-at-home mother and a mom who works as a cattle rancher, the soap brand featured a couple, both of whom identify as mothers, raising their biological newborn son.

“We are both his biological parents,” Shea, a transgender woman, says. “You get people that are like, ‘What do you mean? You’re the mom?’ We’re like, ‘Yep. We’re both gonna be moms.’ ”

“There’s no one right way to do it all,” Shea later adds.

The Mombian blog, which provides “sustenance for lesbian moms,” praised the Dove commercial’s apparent willingness to deny the existence of any clear-cut rules of good parenting.

“I love the campaign’s overall theme of ‘There’s no right or wrong way to be a mom — only your way,’ ” Dana Rudolph wrote. “As one of the other moms in the ad says, ‘Do what fits your family. And trust yourself.’ That’s pretty much the best parenting advice I can imagine.”

This latest ad from Dove seems to be part of a broader shift away from defining mothers as those who are biologically female.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: New 'Dove' commercial shows 'transgender' mom
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 12:54:37 PM »
I don't know why those expensive useless brands even exist. Buy the cheap no-brand, it's just as good.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 02:23:44 PM »
I don't know why those expensive useless brands even exist. Buy the cheap no-brand, it's just as good.

Dove soap is filled with air. No, really. Weigh it.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 10:25:45 PM »
So the one on the left is really the dad?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 09:32:47 AM »
YUCK

:yuck:

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 12:53:17 AM »
So the one on the left is really the dad?

I believe they want us to use the LGBQDK5II sanctioned term: 'Parental Unit'