Author Topic: Gebrochts  (Read 1279 times)

Offline imaknick

• Full JTFer
Gebrochts
« on: April 14, 2017, 05:40:02 PM »
Out of curiosity, who eats gebrochts on pesach here? It is matzo that is wet or made with water, like matzo farfel, matzo meal, matzo brei. Anyone know what chaim's opinion is on it?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Gebrochts
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 08:09:16 PM »
Out of curiosity, who eats gebrochts on pesach here? It is matzo that is wet or made with water, like matzo farfel, matzo meal, matzo brei. Anyone know what chaim's opinion is on it?

My grandmother used to make it for us, and it was matzo based.  But she wasn't Hasidic, so the rules may be very different.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 12:16:46 AM »
I eat it.  Halachically, I also see zero reason not to.   (Yes I know some claim it's their "custom" )

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 11:27:31 AM »
I remember when you could buy noodles made of matza meal to put in your soup at the seder. Now they make it all Non-Gebrokts and it gets too soggy if you boil it too long. But since I'm Sfardic, I now buy rice noodles. Rice noodles for Passover are a new thing. I think last year was the first time they started selling them.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 01:22:43 PM »
what are gebrochts
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 02:36:35 PM »