Author Topic: Earth Day Is a Communist Holiday and Lenin’s Birthday  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Earth Day Is a Communist Holiday and Lenin’s Birthday
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 01:23:43 PM »
Ira Einhorn was on stage hosting the first Earth Day event at the Fairmount Park in Philadelphia on April 22, 1970. Seven years later, police raided his closet and found the "composted" body of his ex-girlfriend inside a trunk.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42711922/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/earth-day-co-founder-killed-composted-girlfriend/#.WPziXtLyuCg
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 06:01:38 PM »
It depends how you celebrate. If you just want to make a day dedicated to enjoying nature and G-d's creations, it's okay. But if you worship nature, it's idolatry. Also, there is a difference in rejecting global warming and rejecting Science. Global warming in junk science. If people want to combat real global warming, then they should advocated bombing the Iranian nuclear reactors.

The Left is just trying to hijack Science just like they hijacked many other things as well as words (peace, gay, etc...). I remember Earth Day in 1990 at Fairmount Park. I was in 2nd Grade and I was interested in things like recycling and nature. I remember I won the Student of the Month Award that April and I think Student of the Week for being interested in Earth Day.

In 2010, I did my own Earth Day celebration inspired by religious things such as Birkat HaChama the year earlier. I read about the Creation of the Earth in Genesis 1, ate Earth foods with the brachot (Adamah, HaEtz, and HaMotzi) and then I walked to the stream near me and observed the different Creations. But I thank G-d for creating Earth and all of its nature. I also read the Third Day of Creation once on Arbor Day, saw the trees, and ate fruit (HaEtz).

But the Bolsheviks have different intentions for Earth Day.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 06:03:21 PM »
Ira Einhorn was on stage hosting the first Earth Day event at the Fairmount Park in Philadelphia on April 22, 1970. Seven years later, police raided his closet and found the "composted" body of his ex-girlfriend inside a trunk.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42711922/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/earth-day-co-founder-killed-composted-girlfriend/#.WPziXtLyuCg

I remember going to Fairmount Park in 1990. They made a big deal of the 20th Anniversary.

I remember hearing about Einhorn in the 1990's and 2000's because he was wanted for extradition. I didn't know he was involved with Earth Day. Maybe he was just doing it locally.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 06:08:56 PM »
Nelson chose the date in order to maximize participation on college campuses for what he conceived as an "environmental teach-in". He determined the week of April 19–25 was the best bet as it did not fall during exams or spring breaks.[40] Moreover, it did not conflict with religious holidays such as Easter or Passover, and was late enough in spring to have decent weather. More students were likely to be in class, and there would be less competition with other mid-week events—so he chose Wednesday, April 22. The day also fell after the anniversary of the birth of noted conservationist John Muir. The National Park Service, John Muir National Historic Site, has a celebration every year on or around Earth Day (April 21, 22, or 23), called Birthday-Earth Day, in recognition of Earth Day and John Muir's contribution to the collective consciousness of environmentalism and conservation.[41]

Of course he was wrong about Passover. April 22 was the second day of Yom Tov.

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/month.asp?jewish=Jewish-Calendar.htm&tdate=04%2F22%2F1970 

They tried to have it for the Equinox. We already have Birkat HaChama for the Jewish Equinox. We thank G-d for The Sun. Thanking G-d for The Earth should be separate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day#History_of_the_Equinox_Earth_Day_.28March_20.29