Author Topic: Why are so many people here single?  (Read 52063 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Re: Why are so many people here single?
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2007, 11:14:39 PM »
A: It's not easy to find women who are interested in me, period.

B: It's not easy to find quality Christian women who are interested in me.

C: It's not easy to find quality Christian women who are interested in me and share my views.

D: It's not easy to find quality Christian women who are interested in me and share my views and only want to adopt.

*sighs*  :(

CF....try everything...websites, clubs, museums, even women in the street. Keep fighting...Sometimes you may not find a woman with your views, but maybe you can change them.  If all else fails try a foreign country (preferably Latin America)...Europe is hard too like America  now

We don't want to be too desperate now, do we?

newman

« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2007, 11:15:42 PM »
I'm single because I'm still a student, don't have my own money to start a family, and because I don't have a woman. No woman that I liked ever wanted me. Now I believe it is wrong to date unless it is for marriage but even when I didn't believe that I never had a girlfriend other than my cousin's friend for 3 days while I was in Israel when we were 13 and a French half Moroccan/half Algerian Sfardic girlfriend whom I met on Yahoo Chat. I met her one time in Jerusalem after she had already returned to her old boyfriend and afterwards she didn't want to talk to me anymore. I only kissed them on the cheek and they wouldn't let me kiss them on the lips. Now I believe it is wrong to kiss outside of marriage and I'm glad they didn't let me so I can save it for marriage.

Isn't there something in Talmud that says.." Don't sin.....but if you 'must' sin, put on dark clothes, pull a hat down over your face, go to a city where you aren't known, sin there and then come home and speak of it no more" ?

You're saying they knew about Vegas back then?
:laugh: :laugh:

I think it was for single guys who couldn't concentrate because of certain unfulfilled needs.

newman

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2007, 11:17:11 PM »
A: It's not easy to find women who are interested in me, period.

B: It's not easy to find quality Christian women who are interested in me.

C: It's not easy to find quality Christian women who are interested in me and share my views.

D: It's not easy to find quality Christian women who are interested in me and share my views and only want to adopt.

*sighs*  :(

Bag a leftist chick if you have to. Then you don't have to feel guilty about not calling her next weekend.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2007, 11:30:40 PM »
IT just seems to me all the women that i am interested in are the dance rave types that go out to night clubs...

i hate that stuff... i cant meet one descent girl who wont run a mile even though i am not a bad looking guy

i am extremely shy and that is my downfall

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2007, 11:32:56 PM »
I'm single because I'm still a student, don't have my own money to start a family, and because I don't have a woman. No woman that I liked ever wanted me. Now I believe it is wrong to date unless it is for marriage but even when I didn't believe that I never had a girlfriend other than my cousin's friend for 3 days while I was in Israel when we were 13 and a French half Moroccan/half Algerian Sfardic girlfriend whom I met on Yahoo Chat. I met her one time in Jerusalem after she had already returned to her old boyfriend and afterwards she didn't want to talk to me anymore. I only kissed them on the cheek and they wouldn't let me kiss them on the lips. Now I believe it is wrong to kiss outside of marriage and I'm glad they didn't let me so I can save it for marriage.

Isn't there something in Talmud that says.." Don't sin.....but if you 'must' sin, put on dark clothes, pull a hat down over your face, go to a city where you aren't known, sin there and then come home and speak of it no more" ?

I think it was for single guys who couldn't concentrate because of certain unfulfilled needs.

I just watched some Israeli movie the other day called "The Holy Land" that was about that. A Yeshiva guy(18ish maybe) his rabbi recommends to go to a town no one knows him in and visit a prostitute so that he can then come back with focus on his studies so he goes to Tel Aviv. I don't like the idea and don't know if there is any Talmud justification behind it like the movie implied and like I believe has been implied here. I'll have to look into that.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2007, 11:38:45 PM »

I just watched some Israeli movie the other day called "The Holy Land" that was about that. A Yeshiva guy(18ish maybe) his rabbi recommends to go to a town no one knows him in and visit a prostitute so that he can then come back with focus on his studies so he goes to Tel Aviv. I don't like the idea and don't know if there is any Talmud justification behind it like the movie implied and like I believe has been implied here. I'll have to look into that.

thats just the israeli media trying to trash the religion and religious- thats why it was in a film.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

newman

« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2007, 11:41:38 PM »

Don't take that as gospel, I read it on a website talking about the Talmud. The site wasn't anti-semitic or anything but I can't study Talmud to verify it.

BTW, have you seen the Israeli film 'Walk on Water' ?

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2007, 11:46:57 PM »

Don't take that as gospel, I read it on a website talking about the Talmud. The site wasn't anti-semitic or anything but I can't study Talmud to verify it.

Oh yes. I'm a big fan of that Lior Askenazi guy who stars in it. ;) Gorgeous man. It was a really good movie.

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2007, 11:47:15 PM »
Most forums seem to be populated with single people, because single people have more time on their hands. 

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2007, 11:48:04 PM »

thats just the israeli media trying to trash the religion and religious- thats why it was in a film.

Yeah, that's what I assumed.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2007, 11:48:30 PM »
  Possibly because they are more intelligent than the average person......I'm in the process of divorcing a woman who I still love dearly and have two children with after ten years of marriage...........Men get the shaft in dicorce court........I'm out about a million dollars (gave her all the property) and I will still have to pay child support although she is living on the income of the rental properties...............It's OK I guess......I still have the shirt on my back....the funny (or not so funny)thing is I would take her back in a heartbeat....unfortunatley I took the to death do you part seriously, and obviously I was naive..........be careful with women, the legal system is 200% biased in their favor (I spent 6 months in jail for allegen domestic violence(just her word, no witnesses no bruises etc)....I have never raised my hand against a woman G-s forbid...I went to trisl and was found not guilty, but I still spent almost 6 months in jail.........

Be careful what you wish for.......you just might get it. ;)

I've seen this myself Bodhi, so I know exactly what you mean.  I interned with a family law attorney and I've seen situations where men have been deprived of their livelihoods because of a simple, uncorroborated claim that the husband was abusive without any showing of evidence whatsoever.

I've also seen good loving fathers take their entire days off of work in order to go to court and ask permission to spend one day of the holiday with their daughters.

Women are entitled to much more than they deserve in many cases especially if they've been horrible wives and have contributed nothing to the couple's finances.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:50:48 PM by Ze'ev Jabotinsky »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

newman

« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2007, 11:52:04 PM »

Oh yes. I'm a big fan of that Lior Askenazi guy who stars in it. ;) Gorgeous man. It was a really good movie.

It was a good film. But what I hate about Israeli films today is that they are soooo damn left.

That film had a queer who was portryed sympatheticly and the Jewish hero quit killing for the mossad and married a shiksa!! >:(

The Israeli film at Canne was about two faggot soldiers in the IDF!! >:(

Why don't the Israelis make action movies about killing arabs? They'd get more viewers.

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2007, 11:59:31 PM »

It was a good film. But what I hate about Israeli films today is that they are soooo damn left.

That film had a queer who was portryed sympatheticly and the Jewish hero quit killing for the mossad and married a shiksa!! >:(

Why don't the Israelis make action movies about killing arabs? They'd get more viewers.

Yeah I didn't like the gay parts. Seeing gays always makes me cringe.
I never did watch that movie about the 2 soldiers. Yosi and Jagar I think was the name or something like that. I kept putting it on my netflix list but I couldn't bring myself to watch it.
I have no idea why Israelis don't make more right wing war movies. I can't think of any good ones and I watch Israeli movies constantly.
Lior Ashkenazi was also in "Late Marriage" which is another good one I think.

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2007, 12:00:42 AM »
  Possibly because they are more intelligent than the average person......I'm in the process of divorcing a woman who I still love dearly and have two children with after ten years of marriage...........Men get the shaft in dicorce court........I'm out about a million dollars (gave her all the property) and I will still have to pay child support although she is living on the income of the rental properties...............It's OK I guess......I still have the shirt on my back....the funny (or not so funny)thing is I would take her back in a heartbeat....unfortunatley I took the to death do you part seriously, and obviously I was naive..........be careful with women, the legal system is 200% biased in their favor (I spent 6 months in jail for allegen domestic violence(just her word, no witnesses no bruises etc)....I have never raised my hand against a woman G-s forbid...I went to trisl and was found not guilty, but I still spent almost 6 months in jail.........

Be careful what you wish for.......you just might get it. ;)

I've seen this myself Bodhi, so I know exactly what you mean.  I interned with a family law attorney and I've seen situations where men have been deprived of their livelihoods because of a simple, uncorroborated claim that the husband was abusive without any showing of evidence whatsoever.

I've also seen good loving fathers take their entire days off of work in order to go to court and ask permission to spend one day of the holiday with their daughters.

Women are entitled to much more than they deserve in many cases especially if they've been horrible wives and have contributed nothing to the couple's finances.

Contributing to a couple's finances is not the only worthwhile contribution to a marriage. Children do not raise themselves.

newman

« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2007, 12:03:34 AM »

Yeah I didn't like the gay parts. Seeing gays always makes me cringe.
I never did watch that movie about the 2 soldiers. Yosi and Jagar I think was the name or something like that. I kept putting it on my netflix list but I couldn't bring myself to watch it.
I have no idea why Israelis don't make more right wing war movies. I can't think of any good ones and I watch Israeli movies constantly.
Lior Ashkenazi was also in "Late Marriage" which is another good one I think.

It's almost as if the film industry leftists are embaressed about being Israeli, so to show the eurotrash how sorry they are, they make left, peacenik, pro-gay films.

They have talent so they could make really good mossad/ IDF action movies if they wanted.

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2007, 12:04:02 AM »
To make it even worse, Israeli films are subsidized by the government. What kind of country pays for films? Why can't the producers pay for it themselves?

I went to an Israeli Film Festival at The Jewish Community Center many years ago and they complained that the government doesn't subsidize them enough. Israeli films are generally even trashier than your average Hollywood film. They just produce garbage. There used to be good ones though. There was one with nudity that was on government TV, not even cable. It was called Eskimo Limon (Lemon Popsicle).

I didn't know they were government subsidized. As if Israel needs to be taking foreign aid while wasteing it's own money on these films.
I would agree that Israeli films tend to be trashier. If I wanted to watch something X rated I would rent it- half the time I just sit down to what I think will be a nice Israeli movie and I have to sit through 20 minutes of casual sex. "Late Marriage" is the perfect example of that. You see it here as well though with trash in film.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2007, 01:14:03 AM »
Fun lovin' Criminals, Columbia's leading rock band once wrote a good song about this:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6197538&BAB=Z

"Stray Bullet"

"Ive got nothing to live for, aint got no wife or baby... we all bathe in the same blood.. and we all breathe in the crazy"

WERE GONNA CATCH THAT STRAY BULLET

newman

« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2007, 01:58:07 AM »
Single and tips? My only tip is to only date someone of your religion. My religious situation is COMPLICATED so I have had a hard time dating in my young life.  :'( (My young life = early 20s)

How could you be single, you clever little cookie? ;)

newman

« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2007, 02:05:45 AM »
Single and tips? My only tip is to only date someone of your religion. My religious situation is COMPLICATED so I have had a hard time dating in my young life.  :'( (My young life = early 20s)

How could you be single, you clever little cookie? ;)

It is my complicated religious life that causes such tragedy :( But thanks Newman, you are very kind.

It's hard if you're a noachide, I know that.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2007, 02:08:55 AM »
Newman, you're a Noachide.. it's a mitzvah for you to get married and multiply!  ;D

newman

« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2007, 02:12:32 AM »
Newman, you're a Noachide.. it's a mitzvah for you to get married and multiply!  ;D

I'm a 'bad seed'. I'm sure it's a sin to breed little monsters.

newman

« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2007, 02:22:22 AM »
Newman, you have been so kind to me that I added you to my Map of the world.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z64/dsternbaum/Mapoftheworld.jpg
I found the map online and edited it. BTW, you are not inthe New Zealand section, you are in the Australia section (But the map was kind of messed up to begin with)

Aren't you sweet. :-*

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2007, 09:53:59 AM »
I can't keep a girlfriend because they all hate the fact I have guns. It just seems like so many Jewish girls are liberal.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2007, 10:04:14 AM »
It also seems like so many Jewish men are left wing.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2007, 10:07:58 AM »
It also seems like so many Jewish men are left wing.

Heck I won't disagree with that, politics has kept me separate from my Jewish friends because so many of them are left wing. It makes me feel sick to hear them support homosexual marriage and 'civil rights' for blacks.