Author Topic: 7th Grader Suspended for “Liking” Photo of Toy Gun on Instagram  (Read 1404 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Did he like it from home on his private computer? If so, they should have no authority to do anything to him. If he did on a classroom computer, then they can make rules about what it's allowed to be used for or not.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Yeah, its not clear where he 'liked' it.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Did he like it from home on his private computer? If so, they should have no authority to do anything to him. If he did on a classroom computer, then they can make rules about what it's allowed to be used for or not.

MAking rules against liking airsoft guns has no basis, and is a violation of a laundry list of rights.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
MAking rules against liking airsoft guns has no basis, and is a violation of a laundry list of rights.

Constitutional rights don't exist in school. You can get suspended for anything. Free speech doesn't exist there. Colleges can also discipline people for what they do on campus. Going to college is a privilege, not a Constitutional right. But if people do things in their private life, obviously they can't be disciplined by their school or college. If they post something on the Internet from home and then access that post in the classroom, you could say they could be disciplined. If people are concerned, then they should keep their private life separate from their academic life.

I have experience with the issue. In 10th Grade, I drew a picture of Cartman from South Park dressed in his Hitler Halloween costume and they suspended me for a day when the teacher saw it. The teacher knew I'm Jewish but I still got suspended. Someone could actually draw a picture of Hitler and curse him on it and they would still suspend you. If you draw a picture of an Arab dressed up as a Nazi, you would also get suspended. You can also get suspended for expressing political views if it offends another student. In 12th Grade, I insulted some stupid twins by calling them "stupid Palestinians" and the teacher the principal said not to offend their heritage, even though the twins in question were the daughters of a self-hating Jew who married an Israeli Arab and they claim to be Fakestinian Muslims. They belong to the same heritage as me (Jewish) but they are traitors and identify with their Arab Muslim father. They also admitted that their father is from an Egyptian background like most Fakestinians. In college, I saw them a few times and they were wearing the Muslim head covering and they said they spent time in the "West Bank" with Fakestinian family members.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Yup, its true. If you were in my house, I can make a rule that you cannot wear green shirts with blue pants. I can throw you out for that. But if you did that somewhere else, I can't do anything about it.

Its still not clear if the kid did it in school on a school computer or that he did it at home or that he did it in school on his own phone.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
I know it's not the same story, but,there is another 7th grader who got arrested for burping in class in I think North Carolina.  The guy who was fighting for this kid is the guy Trump nominated to the Supreme Court.