Author Topic: Inavnka's rabbi Rabbi Haskel Lookstein did not give a heter to fly on Shabbos  (Read 4210 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/229929
Ivanka's rabbi Rabbi Haskel Lookstein did not give the Kushners a heter to fly on shabbos!!!!
They are frauds & should stop immediately identifying themselves as orthodox.
Had they identified themselves as secular or non observant It would be no big deal but to [censored] the world & claim to be orthodox when in fact they are not makes people not trust them.
If they were honest I would have more respect for them!!!

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
But they claim they got the heter. ChabadKahanist, did you give them the heter? No one else seems to have.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
But they claim they got the heter. ChabadKahanist, did you give them the heter? No one else seems to have.
Exactly my point Israel Chai & no I did not & would not give them such a heter.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Exactly my point Israel Chai & no I did not & would not give them such a heter.

My point is that either they asked some Shlomo off the street to give it to them, or a heter just sounds better in the press release than "They don't actually care".

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
My point is that either they asked some Shlomo off the street to give it to them, or a heter just sounds better in the press release than "They don't actually care".
This makes the most sense to me!!!

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
The secret is out we now know who gave Ivanka & Jared  the heter to travel on shabbos it was Rabbi Jorge Mario Bergoglio!!!!!
 :::D :::D :::D :::D :::D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:08:14 AM by ChabadKahanist »

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
The secret is out we now know who gave Ivanka & Jared  the heter to on shabbos it was Rabbi Jorge Mario Bergoglio!!!!!

Not that I think it's right....But I've heard here, at JTF, that the Pope controls everything. 
So, I guess he is controlling that too!
 :::D :laugh: ;D :::D :laugh: ;D :::D :laugh: ;D
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Not that I think it's right....But I've heard here, at JTF, that the Pope controls everything. 
So, I guess he is controlling that too!
 :::D :laugh: ;D :::D :laugh: ;D :::D :laugh: ;D

Pope probably gave the heter to go to church too.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Pope probably gave the heter to go to church too.
Sure he did & all they had to do was say 4 Hail Marys & 3 Our Fathers & put some money in the pushka & then they can go or do whatever they want!!!!

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
This issue is becoming such a thing on this page.  I don't know who is worse to Trump and his kids, this site or the liberal media.  I don't like Trump either, but keep bashing his daughter for traveling on the Sabbath is just too much for me.  I traveled on the sabbeth plenty of times when I was a kid.  My rabbi never once made a big deal of anything I have done on the Sabbath.  There is enough bashing of Trump as there is. 

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
This issue is becoming such a thing on this page.  I don't know who is worse to Trump and his kids, this site or the liberal media.  I don't like Trump either, but keep bashing his daughter for traveling on the Sabbath is just too much for me.  I traveled on the sabbeth plenty of times when I was a kid.  My rabbi never once made a big deal of anything I have done on the Sabbath.  There is enough bashing of Trump as there is.

Lololol trump and his "children"  lol, u realize Ivanka is a grown adult woman right?  Stop acting like ppl are attacking kids.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer

I was thinking the same thing, Joe.  It's ridiculous- who fkn cares what they do.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
I was thinking the same thing, Joe.  It's ridiculous- who fkn cares what they do.
There would be absolutely no issue if they weren't falsely claiming to be orthodox.
If they said they were secular,non observant,reform,"conservative",reconstructionist,renewal,etc. it would be no issue but being that they are claiming t be orthodox & quite publicly violating shabbos it is an issue because it shows them to be liars because orthodox means shomer shabbos & they are anything but!!!!

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member

If they had a heter we'll come over for shabbos and if they don't we'll do kiruv.

• Gold Star JTF Member
If they had a heter we'll come over for shabbos and if they don't we'll do kiruv.
:clap:

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
It's like a bunch of old, jealous, bitter,  women- into everybody's business.   

• Gold Star JTF Member
It's like a bunch of old, jealous, bitter,  women- into everybody's business.

She's a public figure.  Her activities are reported on in newspapers and she is often meeting with world leaders.  She knows that's part of the job she took on.

None of us have to dig into anything considering it's a public figure and they even publicize stories about themselves "So and so gave me a heter (Oh wait, no he really didn't)"

No one told them to claim to be orthodox but then break Shabbat publicly.  That is every Jew's business.  Read about Moses in the Bible and you will see.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
She's a public figure.  Her activities are reported on in newspapers and she is often meeting with world leaders.  She knows that's part of the job she took on.

None of us have to dig into anything considering it's a public figure and they even publicize stories about themselves "So and so gave me a heter (Oh wait, no he really didn't)"

No one told them to claim to be orthodox but then break Shabbat publicly.  That is every Jew's business.  Read about Moses in the Bible and you will see.
Exactly my point!!

• Gold Star JTF Member
They also make a claim here - That flying on Shabbat and breaking of Shabbat to meet with Saudi sheikhs on behalf of US govt is permitted by Jewish law.   I have not seen a single rabbi state his opinion that this is true.   It's a false claim!   And we are clarifying that.   

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
They also make a claim here - That flying on Shabbat and breaking of Shabbat to meet with Saudi sheikhs on behalf of US govt is permitted by Jewish law.   I have not seen a single rabbi state his opinion that this is true.   It's a false claim!   And we are clarifying that.
Nobody besides Rabbi Jorge Mario Bergoglio!!!!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Nobody besides Rabbi Jorge Mario Bergoglio!!!!
He's a Pope and a Rabbi?
Let's hope he renounces Popedom and sticks to being a rabbi.
Just sayin.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
He's a Pope and a Rabbi?
Let's hope he renounces Popedom and sticks to being a rabbi.
Just sayin.
I was being sarcastic.
But maybe Rabbi Pope Dr Imam Bergoglio can give Jared one of his spare yarmulkas?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
I was being sarcastic.
But maybe Rabbi Pope Dr Imam Bergoglio can give Jared one of his spare yarmulkas?
I doubt Jared needs a used yarmulka.

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member

Joe...i'm guilty of it too..However, for Jews it's not allowed to break Shabbat.  Yuuuuuge sin...probably one of he biggest ones.

At the very least for those of us who break shabbat need to acknowledge it and work on making the correction.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein