Author Topic: I am Chabad now  (Read 1832 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
I am Chabad now
« on: May 21, 2017, 11:23:24 PM »
Been on the fence about where I fit in, and since all the yeshivas I've been to and most of the Rabbis I know are Chabad, and I have family that is, gonna start up on that. I'm gonna be like cool Chabad I guess, not Mashiahist and not all black, so I'm the same, but basically I'm gonna follow their stuff.

Can't just be on the fence, and before JTF or anything, these guys came into my telemarketing office (which is off the highway and they probably had to travel a while to see just me in a whole building) and after my questioning, informed me they wanted to put a magic black box on me that counts as a barmitzvah, and that was my first experience with real Jews.

I didn't want to even though I'm with Chabad people all the time, because I was so incredibly annoyed at a Mashiahist yeshiva, Xtians make people into heroes and I didn't leave and sign up to my roots because I wanted a hero, it's because Jews were right and give real answers to all my questions. I heard all the Rabbi Mizrachi stuff, but now I see the contradiction that I'm scared of being an idolater by joining the group that got me out of idolatry, and I figure Hashem is making it pretty obvious where I should be and what I should do, so I'm also ChabadKahanist now, and trying to figure out exactly what I'm supposed to do now.

Yeshiva this summer to seal the deal? I'll be broke again, and I need to be thinking about getting married or something, but I need that too.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: I am Chabad now
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 01:39:57 AM »
Been on the fence about where I fit in, and since all the yeshivas I've been to and most of the Rabbis I know are Chabad, and I have family that is, gonna start up on that. I'm gonna be like cool Chabad I guess, not Mashiahist and not all black, so I'm the same, but basically I'm gonna follow their stuff.

Can't just be on the fence, and before JTF or anything, these guys came into my telemarketing office (which is off the highway and they probably had to travel a while to see just me in a whole building) and after my questioning, informed me they wanted to put a magic black box on me that counts as a barmitzvah, and that was my first experience with real Jews.
Try Maayanot or The RAP (Rabbi Avtzon's Prorgram) both in Jerusalem & both Anti-Mishichist also Morristown in New Jersey isn't Mishichist.

I didn't want to even though I'm with Chabad people all the time, because I was so incredibly annoyed at a Mashiahist yeshiva, Xtians make people into heroes and I didn't leave and sign up to my roots because I wanted a hero, it's because Jews were right and give real answers to all my questions. I heard all the Rabbi Mizrachi stuff, but now I see the contradiction that I'm scared of being an idolater by joining the group that got me out of idolatry, and I figure Hashem is making it pretty obvious where I should be and what I should do, so I'm also ChabadKahanist now, and trying to figure out exactly what I'm supposed to do now.

Yeshiva this summer to seal the deal? I'll be broke again, and I need to be thinking about getting married or something, but I need that too.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:47:41 AM »
You gotta be you.

Just remember, nothing obligates you to a all-or-nothing take-all-Chabad or leave it approach, just because you are gonna be chabad now (or mostly chabad) (or partly chabad, whatever you are going for).  Some will want to push that (probably fellow students more than anything) but it's false.   Hatzlacha

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 02:18:42 AM »
You gotta be you.

Just remember, nothing obligates you to a all-or-nothing take-all-Chabad or leave it approach, just because you are gonna be chabad now (or mostly chabad) (or partly chabad, whatever you are going for).  Some will want to push that (probably fellow students more than anything) but it's false.   Hatzlacha

I know, Talmud has nothing good to say about people that take on more than the halacha. I'm gonna just do everything Torah says, not interested in extras atm, but my homies are Chabad now. I already do the parsha with the Rebbe's commentary (I incredibly enjoy everything he writes, not so much all the stories of him other people keep telling, but anything actually from him I've seen I love) so like I guess I'm gonna like identify that way from now on, and we'll see what external things I need to play the part.

"Try Maayanot or The RAP (Rabbi Avtzon's Prorgram) both in Jerusalem & both Anti-Mishichist also Morristown in New Jersey isn't Mishichist."

Maayanot is a huge part of the reason I decided, the Rabbis in there were giants. Morristown, if it isn't Mishichist, could have fooled me into thinking it was. Even if it wasn't, Maayanot anyone I would go beg for a dvar Torah would give me one, Morristown I learned everything the Rebbe ever did and also probably didn't do but someone thinks so, and it's like I want to have a bunch of respect for him like I would Rambam or any Torah giant, but I honestly do not care about the mundane details of his life, and I have a hero, it's Hashem, with all due respect to the tzadik that the Rebbe was, I want to read the Rebbe talking about Hashem, not people talking about the Rebbe, it's like Judaism is a big steak and so you eat the nice tasty bone and leave the meat. Or something, my point is it's really hard to get interested about 5 hours of stories about the Rebbe every day when you have what the Rebbe wrote write there, and it's really hard to care.

I'm kinda going in circles because that was a while ago and I'm over it, but basically I'm interested and feel a sense of purpose and destiny in what the Rebbe's mission was, and I also have a Chabad siddur and learned much halacha from them, so I'm just going to call myself that and try to chill in the Chabad spots, read what the Rebbe said to do and do it, but not make a man into a hero or say yechi after bread.

I also probably should find a good way to say that, so they can see I'm cool and just want to learn the ropes, and am not an agent saboteur. Like where I am, the yeshivot are all Mishichist, and so the Chabad guys are and I'm cool with them, but when you bring up the miracle the Rebbe did for a businessman who blah blah blah while I was just talking about how Moses is super cool and took a big axe and chopped down's Og's ankle, it's like c'mon bro.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 03:10:13 AM »
good.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2017, 11:44:24 AM »
I really like Chabad a lot. I attend their services sometimes.

One of the Chabad Rabbis used to visit Chaim when he was in prison for saving the Soviet Jews.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 11:26:41 AM »
Good luck.. I've been listening to Mizrachi for awhile now too.  Very intense and honest.  Rav Yaron Reuven..i have heard a couple of his stuff.. also a good speaker and pretty much a Mizrachi replica, but more American.

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 11:28:21 AM »
yup..and you have to have common sense, humilty, and time to research sources on your own when something even from chabad or any religious rabbi seems off.

You gotta be you.

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein