Author Topic: Ben Shapiro,what are your thoughts on him.  (Read 3196 times)

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
Ben Shapiro,what are your thoughts on him.
« on: April 16, 2017, 06:19:29 AM »
Hes seems a decent conservtive jewish man, whats your thoughts on him? Has Chaim got any thoughts on him?

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Re: Ben Shapiro,what are your thoughts on him.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 09:48:13 AM »
I like him. Some of the articles linked on the main news site were written by him.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 12:09:03 PM »
I like him.  I don't necessarily agree with his globalism (classic conservative stance), but otherwise like him quite a bit.   "Facts don't care about your feelings."

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 12:57:50 PM »
I like him. Some of the articles linked on the main news site were written by him.

Cool, and what does Chaim think of him?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 03:31:55 PM »
Master debater, exceptional deductive abilities that make him perfect for dissecting liberal lies. I disagree with many of his positions, for instance, when he masterfully took down the transgender argument, he made the libertarian argument that laws regarding homosexuality will somehow lead the goverment to make laws regarding his wife, which is absurd and without precedent.

Ben Shapiro is a wonderful person and one of the great political minds of the generation, but he`s not conservative, he should be supported because he helps against very evil people, but he`s libertarian, not conservative. Politically and religiously (don`t ask me to comment on that), he should not be viewed as a role model, but please no one do what they did to Milo to him no matter what you learn, we need people like him so long as we remember that they help but do not represent us.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 03:33:43 PM »
Master debater, exceptional deductive abilities that make him perfect for dissecting liberal lies. I disagree with many of his positions, for instance, when he masterfully took down the transgender argument, he made the libertarian argument that laws regarding homosexuality will somehow lead the goverment to make laws regarding his wife, which is absurd and without precedent.

Ben Shapiro is a wonderful person and one of the great political minds of the generation, but he`s not conservative, he should be supported because he helps against very evil people, but he`s libertarian, not conservative. Politically and religiously (don`t ask me to comment on that), he should not be viewed as a role model, but please no one do what they did to Milo to him no matter what you learn, we need people like him so long as we remember that they help but do not represent us.

Why is he not a role model religiously?  ( I know you said not to but I'm sorry I couldn't resist.  All I know is he's Orthodox and I think always was.  So what's the problem?).

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 03:40:52 PM »
Shaprio is Orthodox and pro life and very smart.  How is he not a conservative?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 04:34:55 PM »
Why is he not a role model religiously?  ( I know you said not to but I'm sorry I couldn't resist.  All I know is he's Orthodox and I think always was.  So what's the problem?).

No lashon hara. Watch his shows that play throughout the week, and then don`t tell people why I said that.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 04:41:05 PM »
Shaprio is Orthodox and pro life and very smart.  How is he not a conservative?

All true.

I gave one example that saying laws regarding homosexuality will lead to the government interferring in normal mariage, which is not a conservative position. I feel obligated to give that warning, it should be enough, you can look for yourself if you need. With the good he does, it would do infinitely more harm than good to attack him on anything.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 10:54:10 PM »
I'm a huge fan.  He is incredibly smart... always insightful... and funny.  He's one of my favs.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2017, 04:16:17 AM »
No lashon hara. Watch his shows that play throughout the week, and then don`t tell people why I said that.

I don't really have the patience to sit through any shows.  I've heard and viewed clips of him before.  He is a public figure so I don't see why you can't critique something he does publicly.   It is very possible that we will not agree on your interpretations of his actions as being religiously problematic.   

He has an LA background, more of modern orthodox type and is not haredi.  I don't consider modern orthodox to be religiously bad even if I'm not exactly in their camp.  If you are expecting him to be haredi, don't.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 12:30:27 AM »
I don't really have the patience to sit through any shows.  I've heard and viewed clips of him before.  He is a public figure so I don't see why you can't critique something he does publicly.   It is very possible that we will not agree on your interpretations of his actions as being religiously problematic.   

He has an LA background, more of modern orthodox type and is not haredi.  I don't consider modern orthodox to be religiously bad even if I'm not exactly in their camp.  If you are expecting him to be haredi, don't.

No, you will. Check the dates, I didn't say watch them.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2017, 01:49:26 AM »
No, you will. Check the dates, I didn't say watch them.

'No I will,' what?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2017, 01:59:41 AM »
'No I will,' what?

" It is very possible that we will not agree on your interpretations of his actions as being religiously problematic.   "

By date I mean day.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2017, 03:14:37 AM »
" It is very possible that we will not agree on your interpretations of his actions as being religiously problematic.   "
Oh

By date I mean day.

I'm guessing you're trying to tell me to search his name in the news from around that day.  You dont hafta be all cryptic on me

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 03:24:09 AM »
Oh

I'm guessing you're trying to tell me to search his name in the news from around that day.  You dont hafta be all cryptic on me

I do. Check the day of the week of his shows.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 05:20:42 PM by Israel Chai »