Author Topic: To the death over korbonos  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
To the death over korbonos
« on: September 29, 2017, 05:47:34 AM »
If it's going to be a Geulah b'Gevurah - "A Redemption with Rigor", then the whole world is going to rise as one to fight to the death, including most Jews, the return to the Sacrificial Order of massed bull, goat, sheep and bird korbanos in the Third Temple like a 'Divine Barbecue' - on grounds of "Orthodox Jewish cruelty"!

"Haredim beat up animal rights activists over chicken kaparot"

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5022704,00.html

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:04:22 AM by Yerusha »

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: To the death over korbonos
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 10:39:40 PM »
If it's going to be a Geulah b'Gevurah - "A Redemption with Rigor", then the whole world is going to rise as one to fight to the death, including most Jews, the return to the Sacrificial Order of massed bull, goat, sheep and bird korbanos in the Third Temple like a 'Divine Barbecue' - on grounds of "Orthodox Jewish cruelty"!

"Haredim beat up animal rights activists over chicken kaparot"

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5022704,00.html

Korbanos of a bird does not involve swinging it by its feet.   It involves humanely slitting its neck.   You are conflating totally separate issues:  One thing is sacrificial service sanctioned and commanded by Hashem in His Torah, and the other (kapparot chicken swing) is what the Vilna Gaon referred to as an Amorite practice.  Ie avoda zara.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 07:43:56 PM »
"
Korbanos of a bird does not involve swinging it by its feet.   It involves humanely slitting its neck. "

Love the way you describe it. Not that I'm against it in any way, but at the end of the day slitting anyone's or anything's throat isn't really "humanely". It is what it is. We (mostly) eat meat, but it is a cruel thing.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 11:09:56 PM »
I don't think all people who do kapara with a chicken would swing it with its feet. I went with Chabad one year to kapara with live chickens and I don't recall people doing that.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 09:29:34 AM »
"
Korbanos of a bird does not involve swinging it by its feet.   It involves humanely slitting its neck. "

Love the way you describe it. Not that I'm against it in any way, but at the end of the day slitting anyone's or anything's throat isn't really "humanely". It is what it is. We (mostly) eat meat, but it is a cruel thing.

It's the most humane possible way to kill it quickly though.  Swinging live chickens around by their feet is causing them suffering and mistreating them for an extended time. 
The slaughter happens instantly and then they are dead.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 11:13:29 AM »
It's the most humane possible way to kill it quickly though.  Swinging live chickens around by their feet is causing them suffering and mistreating them for an extended time. 
The slaughter happens instantly and then they are dead.

How do you know?  Have you ever been a chicken? :P :P :P :P :::D :::D :::D :::D
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 04:44:42 PM »
In fairness, no I have not.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 05:07:14 PM »
In fairness, no I have not.

maybe in a previous life? lol
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 06:39:29 PM »
maybe in a previous life? lol

That's kind of calling him an ex-really bad person I think for lashon hara if you go by that.

I don't think it really violates the law for animal suffering. I don't think any Jew in his right mind that doesn't have to would eat the chicken in the first place.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 11:10:11 AM »
That's kind of calling him an ex-really bad person I think for lashon hara if you go by that.

I don't think it really violates the law for animal suffering. I don't think any Jew in his right mind that doesn't have to would eat the chicken in the first place.

If that was offensive, I apologize.  Nevertheless, if it were true, he would have come an extremely long way to be on the righteous side.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 12:44:28 PM »
If that was offensive, I apologize.  Nevertheless, if it were true, he would have come an extremely long way to be on the righteous side.

I thought like by the time you get here you are way passed being offended. It's highly unlikely that you know what animals you get reincarnated to for what sins, because first off there's no proof and not even all Kaballists believe that who do believe in gilgulim, so it's just supposed to be funny dude.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge