Author Topic: Trumps Jerusalem announcement  (Read 8779 times)

Online Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Trumps Jerusalem announcement
« on: December 06, 2017, 12:57:33 PM »
Haven’t heard it yet, but....

Why does Israel have to grovel before any nation for its capital to be realized?

This is what you get with secular Zionism.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Trumps Jerusalem announcement
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 02:11:29 PM »
Showing gratitude is a very jewish concept.
Haven’t heard it yet, but....

Why does Israel have to grovel before any nation for its capital to be realized?

This is what you get with secular Zionism.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 03:25:22 PM »
Now we'll see all the sand apes going ape.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 04:52:01 PM »
It's about time someone reconizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.   :dance:

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 04:55:44 PM »
It will be most interesting to see Chaim and Shlomo's take on this.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 05:20:11 PM »
After Truman recognized Israel, he subsequently banned arms shipments to Israel. His speech basically says we didn't move the embassy because we thought it would bring peace, but now that we moved it, it might and we still really want that.

It's still, as Ben Shapiro said (if standalone, I would add) an act of political courage. The Czechs are following suit: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/238968

If he uses this to hurt Israel, it erases much of the good, but a few hours in and he hasn't, and even Truman gets a bit of credit for recognizing Israel despite his actions after.

I'm not getting my hopes up because of a political gesture, but no one can say anything negative about the action in of itself.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 06:14:48 PM »
Sen. Cruz Commends President Trump for Recognizing Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel and Announcing He Will Move the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

December 6, 2017   |  202-228-7561
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) issued the following statement after President Trump’s speech today on Jerusalem:

“I enthusiastically commend President Trump for today’s courageous and heroic decision. Roughly 120 years since a pioneer of the Zionist movement, Theodore Herzl, convened the first Zionist Congress in Basel, 50 years since the reunification of Jerusalem during the Six Day War, and nearly 70 years after the United States was the first country to give recognition to the modern State of Israel, the President of the United States has for the first time formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Today, December 6, 2017, the President also announced that he will move the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. This day will forever be etched in the history books as one of the great moments in history. The strongest and most prosperous country in the world has rectified what has been a historic injustice for far too long, recognizing the ancient and sacred city that has been the eternal capital of the Jewish people for over 3,000 years, and the capital of the one and only Jewish State since 1948. This announcement recognizes the reality that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, and sends a powerful message that rejects all those who wrongly seek to delegitimize Israel through falsifying and erasing the profound ties that exist between the Jewish people and Jerusalem.

“I encourage countries around the world to now engage in their own moment of historical moral clarity, to follow America's lead in recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, immediately begin the process of moving their embassies to Jerusalem, and stand with the United States and Israel in voting against any future effort in international forums that attempts to deny historic truth.”
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 06:54:55 PM »
Sen. Cruz Commends President Trump for Recognizing Jerusalem as the Capital of Israel and Announcing He Will Move the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem

December 6, 2017   |  202-228-7561
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) issued the following statement after President Trump’s speech today on Jerusalem:

“I enthusiastically commend President Trump for today’s courageous and heroic decision. Roughly 120 years since a pioneer of the Zionist movement, Theodore Herzl, convened the first Zionist Congress in Basel, 50 years since the reunification of Jerusalem during the Six Day War, and nearly 70 years after the United States was the first country to give recognition to the modern State of Israel, the President of the United States has for the first time formally recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Today, December 6, 2017, the President also announced that he will move the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. This day will forever be etched in the history books as one of the great moments in history. The strongest and most prosperous country in the world has rectified what has been a historic injustice for far too long, recognizing the ancient and sacred city that has been the eternal capital of the Jewish people for over 3,000 years, and the capital of the one and only Jewish State since 1948. This announcement recognizes the reality that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, and sends a powerful message that rejects all those who wrongly seek to delegitimize Israel through falsifying and erasing the profound ties that exist between the Jewish people and Jerusalem.

“I encourage countries around the world to now engage in their own moment of historical moral clarity, to follow America's lead in recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, immediately begin the process of moving their embassies to Jerusalem, and stand with the United States and Israel in voting against any future effort in international forums that attempts to deny historic truth.”

That man can tickle the ears. With all the due respect in the world to him and with full knowledge he said he'd do this on day one, I 1% less wish it was Cruz that won... Cruz 2024?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 10:31:35 PM »

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 10:42:06 PM »
Trump is acknowleging reality.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 11:08:18 PM »
Trump is acknowledging reality.

He's telling us outright in the speech for this that this is about a final deal for "peace" with the Terroristinians:

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 11:35:37 PM »
Philipines wants to move the embassy to Jerusalem too. A good ball is rolling. France is miffed.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 11:44:48 PM »
He said he is moving it to advance peace. I guess he knows that the Arabs will never accept it as does Netanyahu. Netanyahu knows the Arabs will never accept a PLO state by way of an agreement. Now he can blame the Arabs for violence.

I don't know if Trump knows it but recognizing Israeli sovereignty and ending the "peace process" is how peace is achieved. Ending Oslo is real peace. Measure for measure, Oslo (the city) is being Islamicized, now they will see how we felt when the Arabs tried to Islamicize Israel.

Israel's only long lasting agreement with an Arab country was not a peace agreement. It was the armistice agreement with Muslim Nazi Syria in 1974. Israel did the same with Egypt but then signed a full "peace" agreement and surrendered the entire Sinai and now it's a terrorist den which is used to attack Israel and bring illegal aliens, drugs, and prostitution to Hamas Muslim Nazi controlled Gaza and once even a lion to the Gaza zoo. Until the rise of ISIS, the Israeli border with Syria was the most quiet and safest of all of Israel's borders.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 11:45:00 AM »
This action at least tends to the righteousness.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 03:27:20 PM »
This action at least tends to the righteousness.

It'll make him look good forever even if he does bad after. It certainly makes him look like a leader and earns him good will, hopefully he doesn't use it to hurt Israel. Honduras is recognizing Jerusalem.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 05:48:35 PM »
I have to give credit.  He kept his word unlike so many others.  He claimed he was law and order president and now he made the embassy follow the law that Congress set.  I'm very pleasantly surprised by this. 
I imagine he had to fight bibi's resistance to make this happen!  He is possibly more Zionist than bibi.

Now if only we had an Israeli leadership that could say to trump that a "peace deal" is not in our interest and is out of the question.  Trump would accept that.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 06:31:27 PM »
I have to give credit.  He kept his word unlike so many others.  He claimed he was law and order president and now he made the embassy follow the law that Congress set.  I'm very pleasantly surprised by this. 
I imagine he had to fight bibi's resistance to make this happen!  He is possibly more Zionist than bibi.

Now if only we had an Israeli leadership that could say to trump that a "peace deal" is not in our interest and is out of the question.  Trump would accept that.

And Kushner and Mattis and a whole army of losers. The American "Conservative" took a break from praising homosexual republicans to call this the worst thing ever, and said it's "tired and old" that America would be taking Israel's side, when the complete opposite is the truth. He took a beating on this, and while I wouldn't turn my back in case the "peace" he promised is giving land to terrorists for them to kill more Jews with, but someone needs to get his back on this issue. It should be harder for him to turn on his defenders than his enemies.

So far, I defend the move where I can on social media, what can we do good for in light of the good he did?

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 06:51:25 PM »

It certainly would. :agree:  You kind of know what their gonna say though.  If I were  a betting person...it will be more of the same anti Trump rhetoric.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 06:54:12 PM »
It certainly would. :agree:  You kind of know what their gonna say though.  If I were  a betting person...it will be more of the same anti Trump rhetoric.

With all due respect, I'd prefer Trump not tell Bibi no settlements on live tv or not fund Iran's nukes or not make the largest weapons deal in human history to the Saudis than move the embassy to the best place in Jerusalem. It's being like an abused wife that he hits us thrice and kisses us once and it's forgotten.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 08:02:41 PM »
With all due respect, I'd prefer Trump not tell Bibi no settlements on live tv or not fund Iran's nukes or not make the largest weapons deal in human history to the Saudis than move the embassy to the best place in Jerusalem. It's being like an abused wife that he hits us thrice and kisses us once and it's forgotten.
I think moving the American Embassy to Jerusalem is more than just a kiss. 

Offline Shoftim3:31

• Junior JTFer
  • If at first you dont succeed, reload and try again
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 08:13:40 PM »

Funny, cause I was actually reading that right before hearing of Trump's announcement.

G-D has a sense of humor.
Our worst enemy isn't Nazis, Arabs or Liberals, its Jews that hate themselves: Bernies Sanders, Chuck Schumer, George Soros.

Everyone else just strayed from H' word. But these people pretend.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 04:27:15 PM »
I hope that Chaim will make his next video on this topic.

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2017, 03:01:20 PM »
Mike Guzofsky's take on Trump:

Putting Trumps proclamation into proper perspective

They all promised – but Trump delivered. Hopefully, it won’t be used against us in the future

-Trump did what former presidents failed to do. I hope that will not be used by him in the future to demand concessions from Israel. Trump: “Nobody loves Israel more than me, as I have shown. Now Israel must make painful concessions for peace…” I know many will say that the Arabs will never agree to make peace. And Trump is just trying to pretend that he is even-handed, knowing that the Arabs will never agree to sit down and talk. Tell that to the thousands of Jews driven out of their homes in Sinai, after Egyptian Sadat agreed to do what he was never supposed to do – to recognize Israel. I can live without them recognizing us, especially if with their recognition, comes surrender of land, and the Temple Mount to the Arabs.

-Arabs, other Jew-haters and self-hating Jews are in mourning, how sad

My condolences are extended to the Jew-haters and self-hating Jews. This is indeed a difficult week for them. Fear not, my fellow Jews. Any violence perpetrated by the Arabs will only boomerang back into their collective kufiyah. I remember when everyone predicted that Baruch Goldstein’s attack on the Arabs in Hebron, would trigger hundreds of attacks against Jews. The reality was very different. In the end, the Arabs tried to retaliate and ended up getting themselves expelled from key areas in Hebron that became “Arabian-rein”. Jews were able to walk freely in areas that had previously been inundated with hostile Arabs.

-Trump showed that he was more Zionist than Bibi and most Jews-but people neglect to concede that he recognized Arab rights to part of Jerusalem – The holiest part – The Temple Mount

Trump recognized Jewish rights to part of Jerusalem and the Kotel, however, also recognized the Arab “right” to the Temple Mount and other parts of Jerusalem, to be determined in final status negotiations. In essence, what he really said was that the Jews could keep the outer wall - lower Kotel – and keep wailing at the Wailing Wall! I know this is “huge” or “yuge” as Trump would say, and it is far more than any other U.S. President and much more than Bibi has done, however, we need to aspire for more. And know that the Temple Mount is the heart of Judaism and of Jerusalem. He who controls the mount controls the land.

There are Jews who are thrilled with Trump and others that are angry that he recognizes that the Jews have any right to any part of Jerusalem. None appear to be even the slightest upset with Trump’s recognizing Arab rights to Temple Mount.

-Here is one Jew who appreciates the historic recognition that Trump has given to our G-d given rights to Jerusalem, however, it is incumbent upon us to clarify that all of Jerusalem is ours and to continue to demand of ourselves and our leaders to assert Jewish sovereignty on the Temple Mount. Trump is lightyears ahead of our leaders, but then that is not saying all too much.

-To the Jews that are qvelling – falling over themselves with yiddishe Nachas – Jewish Pride that the Big Goy in Washington has showered his love upon us

Jews must understand that our rights come from G-d and not from Trump or any other man. In the end we will need to place our faith in G-d as a precursor to redemption. In the end, we will need to stand alone without fear and faith in the gentile. We will be redeemed and build the holy Temple in Jerusalem regardless of Trump’s recognition or lack of recognition to our right over the Temple Mount.

TRUMP NEEDS ISRAEL –ISRAEL WILL SURVIVE REGARDLESS -

Israel will live and thrive regardless. Trump, however, can restore greatness to America by showing his full support for Israel, for those who bless Israel will be blessed and those who don’t will be cursed. If you really care about Trump’s future and about the fate of America you will pressure POTUS to fully recognize the Jewish right to its holiest site, the heart of Zion – the Temple Mount. Falling over ourselves silly over Trump’s partial recognition of Jewish Jerusalem is fine, as long as we understand that the Temple mount is Jewish and as long as we make that clear to Trump and the rest of the world.

However, at the end of the day, restoring Jewish sovereignty over the mount is Bibi’s job, not Trump’s.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2017, 11:11:30 PM »
Turns out he's prob a sonofab. Signed the move waiver. If my info is correct, then his embassy move is exactly like his wall, gets all the support and doesn't have to do anything, but markets that as doing something.

Seems we got played again.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 11:44:25 PM »
OK, he still recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, that's not nothing, google even had to change it from Tel to Jeru on their site, but turns out the embassy might not be moved for six months or at all.