General Category > Introduce Yourself

Shalom

<< < (3/4) > >>

Hrvatski Noahid:

--- Quote from: Israel Chai on May 15, 2018, 11:53:31 PM ---Yes you are, Adam is your forefather too. And commandment or not, the flow of mazal comes through the woman not you, rush for this like you do when you need to use the bathroom.

--- End quote ---

I like you. But I fear that you are mistaken about the Torah Law for Gentiles. It is explained in Tractate Sanhedrin 59b that Adam was commanded to be fruitful and multiply, but at the giving of the Torah at Mount Sinai, this command was removed from Gentiles, and it remained only for the Jews.

Israel Chai:

--- Quote from: Hrvatski Noahid on May 16, 2018, 12:25:43 AM ---I like you. But I fear that you are mistaken about the Torah Law for Gentiles. It is explained in Tractate Sanhedrin 59b that Adam was commanded to be fruitful and multiply, but at the giving of the Torah at Mount Sinai, this command was removed from Gentiles, and it remained only for the Jews.

The main prohibition against idol worship is not to serve one of the creations, be it an angel, a spiritual power, a constellation, a star or a planet, one of the fundamentals of the physical creation (for example, earth, water, air, fire, matter, antimatter, positive charge, negative charge), a person, an animal, a tree, or any other created thing. I need HaShem, not a woman  :)

--- End quote ---

I need to read that somewhere first. I can understand it and it makes sense, but i need the source. I didn't say you need a woman, but they're just great.

Hrvatski Noahid:

--- Quote from: Israel Chai on May 16, 2018, 12:29:09 AM ---I need to read that somewhere first. I can understand it and it makes sense, but i need the source.

--- End quote ---

Likewise, this applies to any pre-Sinai commandment that was recorded by Moses in the Book of Genesis or the Book of Exodus up to the account of the covenant and the revelation at Mount Sinai, but which was not repeated to Moses on Mount Sinai. (But the Seven Noahide Commandments, and the extended Noahide Code, were commanded to Moses on Mount Sinai as the Torah Laws for Gentiles.) Henceforth, beginning from the giving of the Torah's Laws to Moses on Mount Sinai, the original commandments from before Mount Sinai are only binding on Jews, and not on Gentiles (the Divine Code by Rabbi Moshe Weiner, Ask Noah International, 2011, p 510).

Israel Chai:

--- Quote from: Hrvatski Noahid on May 16, 2018, 12:34:56 AM ---Likewise, this applies to any pre-Sinai commandment that was recorded by Moses in the Book of Genesis or the Book of Exodus up to the account of the covenant and the revelation at Mount Sinai, but which was not repeated to Moses on Mount Sinai. (But the Seven Noahide Commandments, and the extended Noahide Code, were commanded to Moses on Mount Sinai as the Torah Laws for Gentiles.) Henceforth, beginning from the giving of the Torah's Laws to Moses on Mount Sinai, the original commandments from before Mount Sinai are only binding on Jews, and not on Gentiles (the Divine Code by Rabbi Moshe Weiner, Ask Noah International, 2011, p 510).

--- End quote ---

R. Weiner is a good Rabbi, I'll take his word for it.

Binyamin Yisrael:

--- Quote from: Hrvatski Noahid on May 16, 2018, 12:34:56 AM ---Likewise, this applies to any pre-Sinai commandment that was recorded by Moses in the Book of Genesis or the Book of Exodus up to the account of the covenant and the revelation at Mount Sinai
--- End quote ---

I heard something like that before.

This is from Chabad.org's calendar. Is this what you are referring to?

Jewish History

Moses Transcribes (first part of) Torah (1313 BCE)

On Sivan 4 of the year 2448 from creation (1313 BCE)--two days before the revelation at Mount Sinai--Moses wrote down the first 68 chapters of the Torah, from Genesis 1:1 ("In the Beginning G-d created the heavens and the earth") to the Giving of the Torah in Exodus 19 (Exodus 24:4; Rashi ibid.).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version