Author Topic: ABC cancels Rosanne after 'Racist' tweet  (Read 2103 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
ABC cancels Rosanne after 'Racist' tweet
« on: May 29, 2018, 03:54:58 PM »
Apparently she called Obama's advisor a child of “The Planet of the Apes” and the Muslim Brotherhood.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/roseanne-canceled-at-abc-racist-tweet-1115412

"Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show," ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday.
ABC, in a stunning move, has decided to cancel its Roseanne revival following star Roseanne Barr's racist tweet Tuesday.

"Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show," ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday.

Early Tuesday, star, head writer and exec producer Barr attacked Valerie Jarrett, a senior adviser to former President Barack Obama, in a since-deleted tweet in which she said "Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj." Barr subsequently apologized: "I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me — my joke was in bad taste."

Walt Disney Co. CEO Bob Iger also weighed in on the decision to cancel Roseanne: "There was only one thing to do here, and that was the right thing," he tweeted.

Showrunner Bruce Helford added in a statement of his own: "On behalf of all the writers and producers, we worked incredibly hard to create an amazing show. I was personally horrified and saddened by the comments and in no way do they reflect the values of the people who worked so hard to make this the iconic show that it is."

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: ABC cancels Rosanne after 'Racist' tweet
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 03:57:56 PM »
Why punish her for telling the truth?

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 04:15:44 PM »
Shareholders should boot the moron CEO out of his chair.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 07:00:50 AM »
They took her down because she supports Trump.  Clear and simple.  She went off the Hollywood Reservation.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 11:35:44 AM »
Rosanne says many things that irk the offended, and they don't take her off. They couldn't do a thing if they just say valerie is the daughter of the msulim brotherhood, it's the planet of the apes thing that makes it racist, the only thing she has to back that is the person is black and blacks are like apes kinda. I've never seen it and don't care in the first place, I'm just saying it's not like he's the complete fruitcake Starbucks CEO here, as a CEO he didn't have another move.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 06:26:20 PM »
Rosanne says many things that irk the offended, and they don't take her off. They couldn't do a thing if they just say valerie is the daughter of the msulim brotherhood, it's the planet of the apes thing that makes it racist, the only thing she has to back that is the person is black and blacks are like apes kinda. I've never seen it and don't care in the first place, I'm just saying it's not like he's the complete fruitcake Starbucks CEO here, as a CEO he didn't have another move.

What the Starbucks CEO did is ridiculous.  Because of a selective video clip, the CEO at Starbucks has now made all the coffee-shops in the country a motel for bums.

On the plus side... now the safe-space for the leftist millennial snowflakes will smell like urine.   :laugh:

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 01:17:21 AM »

What the Starbucks CEO did is ridiculous.  Because of a selective video clip, the CEO at Starbucks has now made all the coffee-shops in the country a motel for bums.

On the plus side... now the safe-space for the leftist millennial snowflakes will smell like urine.   :laugh:

I remember the last starbucks ceo was fired for being an overly zealous inquisitor of the conservative clientele, didn't hear about the new fruitcake's messups, link me.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 02:15:52 PM »
How is saying soros is a nazi an anti Semitic comment?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 02:55:50 PM »
I remember the last starbucks ceo was fired for being an overly zealous inquisitor of the conservative clientele, didn't hear about the new fruitcake's messups, link me.

The CEO has gone off the deep-end. 

https://nypost.com/2018/05/28/starbucks-new-bathroom-policy-is-utterly-ridiculous/

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 03:16:26 PM »

He is just as evil as an 'SS' member who worked in the gas chambers of Aushwitz.  Lets not forget he helped the nazis extinsguish Jews, and afterwards, showed no remorse whatsoever.  What kind of animal does this?

This is one thing that angers me... and why I hate the left so much.  The left is nowhere to be found when the women's march and others align themselves with the worst sort of the Jew-haters, like Farrakhan.

But then the left is more than eager enough to call someone 'Anti-Semitic' because they talk about the 'evilness' of George Soros. 

There are so many examples of this... I don't know where to begin.  They said Nigel Farage was an anti-semite because of this... in spite of him never saying anything negative of Jews, and being supportive of Israel.  The said the same thing about Breitbart... in spite of Andrew Breitbart and all the founders of the website being religious Jews, and the only 'anti-jew' articles were written by Jews, and were targeting the self-hating Jews like Soros.

Basically, the left only considers someone an 'anti-semite' if you attack a leftist jew that hates Israel and has replaced Judaism with Leftism.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2018, 10:58:37 AM »

The answer to many questions of leftist nonsense is "wrong is right and vice versa to them".

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 11:03:08 AM »
The CEO has gone off the deep-end. 

https://nypost.com/2018/05/28/starbucks-new-bathroom-policy-is-utterly-ridiculous/

A lot of restaurants let you use the bathroom if you don't buy anything. I'd never have a reason to step into a Mcdonalds.