Israeli
Persian
Arabic/Middle Eastern (not Israeli)
Russian
Slavic/Serbian
Far East Asian
Hindis Indian
Other

Author Topic: What is everyone's nationality?  (Read 36055 times)

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: What is everyone's nationality?
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2007, 02:48:46 PM »
Is it your mother's mother's mother that is Jewish? If so, you are Jewish.

There are no half Jews and other such nonsense in Judaism. You are either Jewish or not. But it is possible to have half Jewish blood without being Jewish.

I used Jew as nationality or rather etnicity not in halakla way; and even in this sense its not working beyound third generation outside judaism IRC. I will rather stay christian Pole than became phony reformed jew or goy in Israel; Thank you. ;)
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2007, 04:44:14 PM »
I'm 1/4 Finnish, 1/4 English, 1/8 Irish, 1/8 Scotish, 1/8 French, 1/8 Dutch.

Mitää kuuluu?    ;D

Joe Schmo

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2007, 04:46:57 PM »

Mitää kuuluu?    ;D

No comprendo.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2007, 04:49:37 PM »

Mitää kuuluu?    ;D

No comprendo.

Mitää kuuluu? = How are you? in Finnish. I thought you may have known a word or two..

Joe Schmo

« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2007, 04:51:51 PM »

Mitää kuuluu?    ;D

No comprendo.

Mitää kuuluu? = How are you? in Finnish. I thought you may have known a word or two..

Unfortunately not.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2007, 04:53:18 PM »

Mitää kuuluu?    ;D

No comprendo.

Unfortunately not.

Fan of Sibelius at least?

Joe Schmo

« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2007, 04:57:01 PM »
Mitää kuuluu?    ;D
No comprendo.
Unfortunately not.
Fan of Sibelius at least?

Yes, of course.  I love Sibelius.

Erica

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2007, 05:01:59 PM »
African American.

Where you born in Africa?
My heritage began in Africa, Newman. They are the only people I look like. I certainly don't look like YOU, do I.

Erica

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2007, 05:03:23 PM »
African American.

Yes - I had asked that question...are all black people African American?
Not all Blacks born in America are of African descent. There are Jamaicans, Granadans, West Indians and so on. I am the descendent of Africans.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2007, 05:04:44 PM »
African American.

Not all Blacks born in America are of African descent. There are Jamaicans, Granadans, West Indians and so on. I am the descendent of Africans.

What country in Africa?

Erica

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2007, 05:05:12 PM »
African American.

I wish they'd go back.

If my ancestors were sold to far away land by my African brothas; I woudnot call my self African. ::)
What would you call yourself then? An animal? Sorry...that won't work for me. Not every African participated in selling blacks off into slavery.

Erica

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2007, 05:06:02 PM »
African American.

What country in Africa?
I don't know. No way to find out.

ftf

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2007, 05:07:43 PM »
African American.

I am the descendent of Africans.

"the decendent", you're the only one?

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2007, 05:08:38 PM »
Surely your great grandparents must of come from a certain country in Africa, ask around.

Erica

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2007, 05:10:25 PM »
African American.

What does that mean? No, surely I'm not. Why is this such a big deal anyway. Everyone else is giving their nationalities and you're not asking them these pressing questions. I am a decendent of Africans. (sorry if "the" threw you off...I didn't mean to be so specific.)

Erica

« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2007, 05:13:01 PM »
Surely your great grandparents must of come from a certain country in Africa, ask around.
That's easier said than done, Sarah. You can ask your parents, grandparents and great-grandparents where your roots began and come up with a definate answer. Blacks in America are the only people who have no idea what tribe they originated from. After the slaves came to America, their identity was erased. There is almost NO record of where a lot of blacks here originated from.

Erica

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2007, 05:14:59 PM »
And you speak as if my great grandparents are still alive. My grandmother was adopted...no one knew who her mother was...she died giving birth to her. No one knows who her father was either. The same for my father's parents. I know who they were but there are no records of their foreparents.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2007, 05:18:17 PM »
Then you seem to have an impossible situation, many people are able to gather even the slightest information on their ancestors. An uncle of mine traced my family roots back to a turkish tribe in the Ottoman Empire.

Erica

« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2007, 05:20:10 PM »
Then you seem to have an impossible situation, many people are able to gather even the slightest information on their ancestors. An uncle of mine traced my family roots back to a turkish tribe in the Ottoman Empire.
Good for you and your family. Not many blacks have that luxury of knowing where they came from in Africa.

ftf

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2007, 05:27:37 PM »
African American.

What does that mean? No, surely I'm not. Why is this such a big deal anyway. Everyone else is giving their nationalities and you're not asking them these pressing questions. I am a decendent of Africans. (sorry if "the" threw you off...I didn't mean to be so specific.)
I wasn't trying to make a big fus, I just found the mistake in your writing rather amusing, to say you are "the something" means that there is only one of that "something" and you are it, I presume you meant to say that you are "a descendent" which would mean that you are one of many.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2007, 05:50:44 PM »

Sarah, there were no countries in Sub-Saharan Africa when the Blacks were sold into slavery. The more appropriate word in this case would be a tribe and not a country, and that is a thing that would be almost impossible to trace back, unless Erica compares her physical features with such of typical member of existing tribes.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »

Sarah, there were no countries in Sub-Saharan Africa when the Blacks were sold into slavery. The more appropriate word in this case would be a tribe and not a country, and that is a thing that would be almost impossible to trace back, unless Erica compares her physical features with such of typical member of existing tribes.

Oh ok Thanks. Interesting.

Offline Serbian Cetnik (šumadinac)

• Pro JTFer
    • Military Photos and Forum
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2007, 07:00:43 PM »
Sorry if I offend my American friends in any way:P but I kinda start to giggle when i hear things like 100% american...

100% American = 100% Old European:P

If you are a real real american you are , Apache, Navajo, Commanche, Chinook and so forth.

Erica

« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2007, 07:16:06 PM »

They have a way of determining what tribe blacks in America came from (in Africa)... DNA. I don't think I should have to pay close to $400 to find out though. I want to be able to trace my ancestors back from slaves who were 'taken' to America, to the tribe they came from. Its not fair for the records to have been burned and erased like they were.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2007, 08:18:48 PM »

They have a way of determining what tribe blacks in America came from (in Africa)... DNA. I don't think I should have to pay close to $400 to find out though. I want to be able to trace my ancestors back from slaves who were 'taken' to America, to the tribe they came from. Its not fair for the records to have been burned and erased like they were.

There is no question, Erica, the Blacks should not have been taken to America. It was a shame and disaster for both sides.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.