Author Topic: Anybody here done the DNA ancestry tests?  (Read 7340 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Anybody here done the DNA ancestry tests?
« on: July 10, 2018, 03:55:22 PM »
I just got my results back.... and got some weird numbers. 

66% Ashkenazi (made sense, and had the exact locations in Belarus and the Ukraine where my grandparents were from).

But then I got these numbers:

12% Iberian, 10% Central Asian, 4% Caucasus, 4% South European, 4% British 

I've never heard my family discuss any of these places.  I wonder if this is totally nonsense.

----- edit made here -----

--> The 66% is in fact 82%.   All the west/central asian parts were properly classified as Ahskenazih using myheritage/23andme but not using ancestry.com
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 04:15:00 PM by briann »

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Anybody here done the DNA ancestry tests?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 04:16:10 PM »
does it tell you abou suspectabilty to diseases?  Life expectancy?  Neanderthal?  etc...
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 04:46:16 PM »
I don't know how it knows where in Europe you are from. Ashkenazic Jews are originally from the Land of Israel so how many years does the test go back?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 06:06:46 PM »
does it tell you abou suspectabilty to diseases?  Life expectancy?  Neanderthal?  etc...

It was sorta a generic one, but maybe I shoulda done the disease one.

I don't know how it knows where in Europe you are from. Ashkenazic Jews are originally from the Land of Israel so how many years does the test go back?

From what I've read, it takes samples of people where all 4 grandparents are from a certain area and that are ashkenazic, and uses them as a baseline.  I think they also have a generic ashkenazic category, if they can't pin it down to a specific area.

So they really wouldn't take into account where those populations came from before-hand.  Just where they were 3 generations ago.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 05:13:11 PM »
I don't know how you got Iberian blood in you but I I think the central Asian is from the Tatars. They used to raid and pillage all over the Ukraine and parts of Poland. Sometimes fighting along sometimes sometimes against the Cossacs.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 01:24:37 AM »
I don't know how you got Iberian blood in you but I I think the central Asian is from the Tatars. They used to raid and pillage all over the Ukraine and parts of Poland. Sometimes fighting along sometimes sometimes against the Cossacs.

That may be right.  Also, I think some of the weird numbers were because of limitations of ancestory.com.   However, a friend suggested myfamilytree.com, as it's more catered to Jews.  You can just download the data, and upload it to their server. (its free)..  and the results are more accurate. Also, they don't categorize Ashkenazih as European, rather Jewish Diaspora.

72% Ashkenazih (May have eaten up some of the Mid-Asian)
3% Saphardic (Kinda a shocker)
4% Middle-East
4% Asia Minor
4% NW Russia
9% European (undetermined)

Also, I did a purely geographic test (also free) that doesn't categorize Jewish using a different service, and it came out almost entirely Mediterranean.   I really need to eat more Mediterranean food anyway.   ;D

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 12:17:42 PM »
That may be right.  Also, I think some of the weird numbers were because of limitations of ancestory.com.   However, a friend suggested myfamilytree.com, as it's more catered to Jews.  You can just download the data, and upload it to their server. (its free)..  and the results are more accurate. Also, they don't categorize Ashkenazih as European, rather Jewish Diaspora.

72% Ashkenazih (May have eaten up some of the Mid-Asian)
3% Saphardic (Kinda a shocker)
4% Middle-East
4% Asia Minor
4% NW Russia
9% European (undetermined)

Also, I did a purely geographic test (also free) that doesn't categorize Jewish using a different service, and it came out almost entirely Mediterranean.   I really need to eat more Mediterranean food anyway.   ;D

Ashkenazim and Sfaradim are Middle Eastern. Asia Minor is also Middle Eastern. So why do they say Middle Eastern also? Maybe they mean Arab. All of the above are Mediterranean together with Southern Europeans.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 01:43:36 PM »

Ashkenazim and Sfaradim are Middle Eastern. Asia Minor is also Middle Eastern. So why do they say Middle Eastern also? Maybe they mean Arab. All of the above are Mediterranean together with Southern Europeans.

Yep, you are 100% correct, and I just got my results from myheritage.com, and it looks like it accounted for that.  It gave me 82% Ashkenazih, and it didn't show middle-east or Asia Minor.

So long story short, myheritage.com is the most comprehensive for Ashkenazih.   However it does not have Saphardic as a category, but instead, it cam up as Greek? and a little bit of Balkans?

And anestory.com is useless for Jewish ancestry... because it HUGELY under-reported my Ashkenazih.  (I knew I was way more than 66%).

And finally.... to all the idiot Arabs who claim that Ashkenazihs are originally from Eastern Europe.... this is just another nail in their coffin.  When I did the pure geography test, I had absolutely NO eastern Europe, and was instead identified as nearly entirely Eastern-Mediterranean.  Hmmm.... what country is located in the Eastern-Mediterranean.... hmmmm.   

:israel:   ;D

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 05:48:02 PM »
And finally.... to all the idiot Arabs who claim that Ashkenazihs are originally from Eastern Europe.... this is just another nail in their coffin.  When I did the pure geography test, I had absolutely NO eastern Europe, and was instead identified as nearly entirely Eastern-Mediterranean. 

Not only that, but Ashkenazim came to Eastern Europe by way of Western Europe. Ashkenaz is Germany. Jews from France and Germany moved East about 500 years ago to places like Poland and Russia. They first came to Europe through Italy during Roman times.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 05:50:11 PM »
I wonder what the Fakies' results would be. They are made up of all the garbage of the Arab World. The Arabs conquered and converted many peoples. Then Arabs from all over the Arab World came to the Land of Israel when the Zionists arrived.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 12:48:47 AM »
I wonder what the Fakies' results would be. They are made up of all the garbage of the Arab World. The Arabs conquered and converted many peoples. Then Arabs from all over the Arab World came to the Land of Israel when the Zionists arrived.

If they are lucky, they may have 1% of 1% of their DNA within a few hundred miles of Israel.

It's amazing, if you look up Jewish DNA on zootube, half of the videos are by Muslims/Afrocans who are making the claim that Ashkenazih's aren't from Israeli.  And they all have the same logic..... fixating on the 'European' category that's often used for simplification by these online services.  But to them, they feel like they have made some sorta amazing discovery.   ???

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 02:39:46 AM »
It shouldn't matter what your human DNA is. People are the same to God.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 08:45:03 AM »

In the eyes of Torah Law there are and must remain clear differences between Jews and Gentiles.
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Daniele.from.Italy

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 12:25:47 PM »

Jews from France and Germany moved East about 500 years ago to places like Poland and Russia. They first came to Europe through Italy during Roman times.

There is a very important study published on Nature in 2013 that confirms this but adds a unexpected twist on it.
https://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms3543
Here is a more simplified version: http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2013/10/did-modern-jews-originate-italy

Looking at paternal and maternal DNA they concluded that Ashkenazi originate from levantine/ middle eastern men and from southern European women (Italian, Greek and southern French) which mixed indicatively around 2000 years ago. It is hard to say exactly when though, it could have been either earlier during Macedon/Seleucid Empires (when Rome was just a city) or centuries later when Rome was already an empire.
There is people speculating it could have been Jewish men who were brought as slaves to Rome after the destruction of the second temple. Others people instead point to proselytism.

The unexpected part about this is obviously the fact that it's Jewish men and gentile women and not the other way around.
The study is a bit controversial but it was not challenged successfully yet, there is a 2014 study that tries to counter it by saying that the maternal lineage actually originated in the near East. Meaning that those women were the descendants of a middle eastern population that left the near East 8000 years ago to finally settle in Italy/Greece. But then still, around 2000 years ago a "new wave" of jewish men must have arrived from the middle east to Italy/Greece to marry the descendants of that original population.

I was wondering if there are any mentions of these events in Jewish traditions and/or documents.

The good thing about the study though is that it completely debunk the Khazar theory so them Black Hebrews (mmm-mhh) are surely upset about it.

BTW what is your Maternal haplogroup briann?

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 01:56:06 PM »
There were no Jews 8,000 years ago. In fact there were no people that have the Halachic status of people 8,000 years ago. Hominids only became Halachically human about 6,000 years ago. Jews only existed for 4,000 years.

Recently I see Middle Eastern listed together with actual races to choose your race on a survey. If white or Caucasian is listed as well as Middle Eastern,  I check off white. White is a race. Middle Eastern is an ethnicity. They probably added Middle Eastern since stupid Arabs don't know their race or don't identify with their race. Caucasian is supposed to include Europe, parts of Asia, and North Africa. If they would list European, rather than white, with other choices including Middle Eastern, then I would choose Middle Eastern.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2018, 02:00:53 PM »
If they are lucky, they may have 1% of 1% of their DNA within a few hundred miles of Israel.

There are some people that claim Fakestinian Christians are closely related to Jews since they claim they were the original Jews that converted to Christianity. If Jews are related to Arabs, it's only because of Semitic ancestry and because they are descended from Abraham. But they are mostly mixed with all kinds of garbage that they conquered. Ishmael, the first Arab, was Egyptian and he married an Egyptian. So they are heavily Hamitic. Then Arabs conquered Egypt and mixed with the locals as well as blacks from Sudan and other parts of Africa.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2018, 04:01:00 PM »

Hey Rubystars, good to see you again.

I agree with this in most respects.  And I would never treat someone differently because of their DNA... and had my DNA results said that I had no Jewish DNA, it would've been disappointing, but I would still have the same beliefs about everything.

But that being said, there is of course an ancestral component that we can't deny.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2018, 04:13:52 PM »
There were no Jews 8,000 years ago. In fact there were no people that have the Halachic status of people 8,000 years ago. Hominids only became Halachically human about 6,000 years ago. Jews only existed for 4,000 years.

Recently I see Middle Eastern listed together with actual races to choose your race on a survey. If white or Caucasian is listed as well as Middle Eastern,  I check off white. White is a race. Middle Eastern is an ethnicity. They probably added Middle Eastern since stupid Arabs don't know their race or don't identify with their race. Caucasian is supposed to include Europe, parts of Asia, and North Africa. If they would list European, rather than white, with other choices including Middle Eastern, then I would choose Middle Eastern.

btw... if you watch zootubers who unexpectadly find Jewish DNA in their ancestry, you can't help but notice how differently they react depending upon their own heritage.

If their white Christians.... they are totally excited about it.  It makes them feel great to have some connection to the lost tribes of Israel.  In fact, myfamilytree.com advertises themselves specifically to gentiles who 'feel' Jewish... and want to find out if its true.

But if their Muslim....  they go crazy with anger and disbelief.  One girl actually started crying, and went on a rant about her parents lying to her.  And she didn't even have a significant amount.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2018, 05:38:31 PM »
But if their Muslim....  they go crazy with anger and disbelief.

Try telling muslims that Abraham was Jewish.   
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 05:53:03 PM »
Try telling muslims that Abraham was Jewish.

Oh yes, I forgot, Abraham and J. Christ were both Muslims....

And this makes perfect sense.... because Mohammad's flying carpet was also a time machine... so after writing the Koran... he traveled back in time and converted them.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 05:58:38 PM »
Oh yes, I forgot, Abraham and J. Christ were both Muslims....

And this makes perfect sense.... because Mohammad's flying carpet was also a time machine... so after writing the Koran... he traveled back in time and converted them.

:::D

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2018, 04:16:47 PM »
I have to agree with Rubystars. We are all one species, Homo sapiens, and all have the same capacity for good and evil. I guess this ancestry stuff can be fun but when people obsess over it that's a problem.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2018, 04:46:00 PM »
I have to agree with Rubystars. We are all one species, Homo sapiens, and all have the same capacity for good and evil. I guess this ancestry stuff can be fun but when people obsess over it that's a problem.

Jews have 613 commandments. Gentiles have 7 commandments. Since Jews have more commandments, their capacity for good and evil is greater. 

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2018, 05:35:49 PM »
I don't think that's a good way of thinking it sounds like you are underestimation yourself or gentiles in general.

Also I think the capacity to do evil is much greater and practicaly unlimited.
Jews have 613 commandments. Gentiles have 7 commandments. Since Jews have more commandments, their capacity for good and evil is greater.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2018, 06:10:20 PM »
I don't think that's a good way of thinking it sounds like you are underestimation yourself or gentiles in general.

Also I think the capacity to do evil is much greater and practicaly unlimited.

Jewish commandments are definitely more restrictive and numerous. If a Gentile observes any of the Jewish commandments from the Torah as a religious obligation (even if he does so from a desire to receive a spiritual reward), this is forbidden based on the prohibition of adding a commandment, and there is no spiritual reward to be derived from this. Therefore, a Jew can observe commandments which a Gentile simply cannot. Since human beings are limited, their capacity to do evil is limited.