Author Topic: Met a Jewish Girl  (Read 1959 times)

Offline decimos

• Senior JTFer
    • wowheed
Met a Jewish Girl
« on: September 21, 2007, 05:42:35 AM »
In my travels as a multi media adviser,I met a Jewish girl of 18.I dont now how but I knew she was Jewish,at the end of the conversation I said I d like to go to Israel one day.The other girls present said, "Shes a Jew,are you?" "No." I replied I like to think im a Noahide.She looked at me and I said Shana Tova, she said it back to me.I then asked if she was observent? "no", she replied.I felt it was not my place to critisize,so I left it.She asked me what made me think I was a Noahide.I said, I believe that Noah passed to gentiles Gods wishes and that the Torah is true and there is only 1 god,Hashem.she looked at me like these were words she hasnt heard in awhile.I did say}rightly or wrongly}that Jews are LIght unto the Nations,she knew what i ment.to ease the situation i said that i didnt believe until i was 38.so she had plenty of time,but she should go see a Rabbi because her ppl have a special destiny.and i left it at that.
And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken perversion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of bondage, to draw thee aside out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee.Deuteronomy 13:5.

newman

Re: Met a Jewish Girl
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 05:47:58 AM »
That's all you can do Decimos.

Just politely & subtley try and guide them in the right direction. we gentiles are in a pickle where sef-hating or non-observant Jews are concerned. It's not our place to preach to them but we can't leave them in the dark, either. ???

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: Met a Jewish Girl
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 03:46:04 PM »
Actually a righteous Gentile can preach better to the self hating and non practicing Jews than we can, since they get very embarrassed when a Gentile tells them that he believes that the Torah is true and that the Jewish people are special, but they don't believe. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD