Author Topic: Can homos be changed? Does conversion therapy work?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Can homos be changed? Does conversion therapy work?
« on: July 15, 2019, 11:59:26 AM »
I know for a fact that they can be changed as I had a friend who told me & his other friends about his homosexual encounters when we were bochurim in yeshiva.
We were obviously worried about our friend & wanted to defaggotize him.
One friend suggested that we buy him a Playboy,Penthouse or Hustler magazine.
Another friend suggested that we make him watch straight stag reels.
I said neither will help we must take him to a zonah & force him to do her.
So we all agreed & we chipped in & brought him to 42nd St & made him do a hooker.
Well guess what?
It worked he has been married happily to a nice Jewish woman for 30 years & has 5 beautiful chilldren!!!!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Can homos be changed? Does conversion therapy work?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 01:07:22 PM »
I think it totally depends.  There are some homos who are so far-gone, that I think it would be impossible.  They have pretty much no urges for the opposite sex.  But they are a small percentage.

But there's a larger segment, there are those who had 'encounters', or who consider themselves 'bi-sexual'.. or 'confused' who we can absolutely 'un-brainwash'.   They don't need to be taken to a hooker or a strip-club...  they just need to find someone who they are genuinely attracted to... and they will 'reset'.  I've seen it happen before.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 01:15:12 PM »
It generally doesn't work and makes things worse, like entering into an unhappy doomed marriage.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 03:41:51 PM »
I know for a fact that they can be changed as I had a friend who told me & his other friends about his homosexual encounters when we were bochurim in yeshiva.
So we all agreed & we chipped in & brought him to 42nd St & made him do a hooker.
Well guess what?
It worked he has been married happily to a nice Jewish woman for 30 years & has 5 beautiful chilldren!!!!

But isn't it against the Torah to help some have relaitons with a hooker?

If we had a prophet, he could tell someone to violate the Torah on a one time basis. For example, Eliyahu brought offering on Mount Carmel outside of The Temple. The Book of Hosea begins about being commanded to have relations with a prostitute. But that was prophesy. We don't have prophesy now.

Obviously faggotry is a more serious sin than going to a hooker.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 03:55:09 PM »

But isn't it against the Torah to help some have relaitons with a hooker?

If we had a prophet, he could tell someone to violate the Torah on a one time basis. For example, Eliyahu brought offering on Mount Carmel outside of The Temple. The Book of Hosea begins about being commanded to have relations with a prostitute. But that was prophesy. We don't have prophesy now.

Obviously faggotry is a more serious sin than going to a hooker.

I was only `19 or 20 at the time & all I was thinking was how we could defaggotize our friend.
We couldn't ask any of the rebbeim or the rosh yeshiva because he would have been expelled so under the circumstances this was the best option available & it worked

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 04:26:22 PM »
Both prostitution and any kind of fornication without marriage are strictly forbidden for Jews within the 613 Jewish Commandments. Nevertheless, I am glad your friend was cured.
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 05:05:42 PM »
I don't believe it works.  I've come across many gay young men and I could never imagine being with a woman

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 09:06:43 PM »
Well guess what?

That won’t work today. Needless to say in a western country   
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2019, 11:15:07 PM »
Well guess what?

:o

Man, what a crazy story lol

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 01:24:58 AM »
:o

Man, what a crazy story lol
Hey were JDL members (the ex gay dudes friend) so of course a crazy story.
I have tons of crazy stories as does Chaim & other old time JDLers

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 05:36:57 PM »
I was only `19 or 20 at the time & all I was thinking was how we could defaggotize our friend.
We couldn't ask any of the rebbeim or the rosh yeshiva because he would have been expelled so under the circumstances this was the best option available & it worked

Does his wife know he used to be homosexual and that he went to a hooker to be cured?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 05:50:36 PM »

Does his wife know he used to be homosexual and that he went to a hooker to be cured?

I'm willing to bet she doesn't. 

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 11:21:12 PM »
I'm willing to bet she doesn't.
Nope she hasn't a clue as far as I know but maybe he told her

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 12:06:28 AM »
Nope she hasn't a clue as far as I know but maybe he told her

Can something like that invalidate a marriage if she wasn't told of his past? I heard about an agunah being granted freedom because the rabbis ruled that the marriage was not valid because the man didn't mention his psychological condition.

Are you still in contact with the former homo?

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 01:38:27 AM »

Can something like that invalidate a marriage if she wasn't told of his past? I heard about an agunah being granted freedom because the rabbis ruled that the marriage was not valid because the man didn't mention his psychological condition.

I haven't seen him since the early 90's

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 02:31:26 PM »

Stop trying to break up a marriage.

Furthermore, it seems like you don't understand how halacha works - An agunah situation presents an incentive to find a way to declare a marriage invalid if they can (but this is also extremely rare and very very difficult to actually do in practice, and is only even a sliver of a possibility because of the heavy weight of an agunah situation).  Even in these type of terrible situations it almost never happens because it's almost impossible halachically to retroactively annul a marriage. 

Literally no one is going to invalidate a marriage between two people who are on ok terms, just because they discovered someone had a psychological problem that wasn't disclosed 30 years ago, or whatever other shady issue from a spouse's past that neither has discussed.  No one goes around declaring marriages retrospectively invalid. Not how Judaism works.

Online Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 02:52:16 PM »

Furthermore, it seems like you don't understand how halacha works - An agunah situation presents an incentive to find a way to declare a marriage invalid if they can (but this is also extremely rare and very very difficult to actually do in practice, and is only even a sliver of a possibility because of the heavy weight of an agunah situation).  Even in these type of terrible situations it almost never happens because it's almost impossible halachically to retroactively annul a marriage. 

Literally no one is going to invalidate a marriage between two people who are on ok terms, just because they discovered someone had a psychological problem that wasn't disclosed 30 years ago, or whatever other shady issue from a spouse's past that neither has discussed.  No one goes around declaring marriages retrospectively invalid. Not how Judaism works.

Considering how much the Torah emphasizes shalom bayit, it is indeed foolish to raise issues which may end the peace between a husband and a wife.
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 04:13:29 PM »

I'm not. I was just asking a Halachic question.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2019, 12:22:01 AM »
There are Rabbis who just work out the kinks in their heads. Better to one time be with a zone Chas v shalom than to be a homosexual for one second much more for life Chas v shalom but the best way is to find one that can do this. Psychologists in most cases are legally prohibited from helping, and to the contrary one married man was having impure thoughts, went to a shrink to stop it, shrink convinced him to leave his wife and kids, did everything in his power. Wasn’t always like that, and the Xtian conversion therapy centres have some extremely ineffective ones, though some are ok. For us there are serious Rabbis that will help.

The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge