Author Topic: Article: Feiglin must not miss out on a cabinet role  (Read 6005 times)

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Article: Feiglin must not miss out on a cabinet role
« on: August 26, 2019, 11:49:13 PM »
He should take the position and delicately squeeze out as many guarantees as possible.   He's a very smart guy, I think he will take the position.  And run as Zehut in the future elections.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/267960

Here's the article:

Officials on the right are urging Moshe Feiglin not to run for the 22nd Knesset, claiming he could waste 40,000 votes of right-wing voters if he does.

"Feiglin must not miss out on a seat around the government table," the senior officials said, calling on Feiglin to accept Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's proposal: Withdraw from the elections in exchange for being appointed as a senior economic minister in the next government.

"Moshe Feiglin has a history of missing out on political opportunities so he has the reputation of being a political 'novice,'" the officials added. “Throughout his career, he missed an opportunity to bring MKs into the right-wing party, missed an opportunity to enter the Likud seriously, missed an opportunity to unite with the New Right.”

"His supporters know he has no chance of entering the Knesset alone, and that he will throw away about 40,000 votes. This is Feiglin's opportunity to show responsibility and political sophistication, enter the circle of influence in a performance role and prove himself. If he refuses, it will be the end of his political career," the officials added.

Earlier on Monday, Arutz Sheva reported that, in exchange for withdrawing his Zehut party from running for the Knesset, Netanyahu promises to appoint Feiglin as a senior economic minister after the election and to take economic measures in the spirit of his party, such as the legalization of cannabis.

Netanyahu's proposal included covering Zehut’s debts of 3 million shekels in exchange for the shutting down of the party. Netanyahu has met with Feiglin in recent days and progress has been reached in negotiations between them.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Article: Feiglin must not miss out on a cabinet role
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 12:07:05 AM »
Any guarantees must be in writing and signed by himself and Netanyahu. 

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 10:15:17 AM »
I dunno, Arutz Sheva is the mouthpiece of the other religious right parties.   This is what THEY want, and the message they are putting out.  It doesn't necessarily make it true.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 10:17:33 AM »
Feiglin already denying any such offer was given to him by Bibi.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/267976

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 07:56:23 PM »
Nice attack ad that tries makes him look weak and makes votes for bibi look like they are anything else but wasted. Bibi can run for diplomat to America under Feiglin. Or pillow fluffer for visiting American politicians.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 04:30:53 AM »
Ugh. So he gets a role, then gets kicked out for not being as traitorous as his peers, and has nothing.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/267965

Feiglin signals openness to Likud offer to drop out of election

'If we get a good offer, I'll put it to vote within the Zehut party,' says Feiglin as Likud offers him ministry in exchange for not running.
Arutz Sheva Staff, 27/08/19 08:34

Moshe Feiglin
Moshe Feiglin
Kobi Richter/TPS

Zehut party chairman Moshe Feiglin hinted that he may be willing to accept an offer from the Likud party to drop out of the race for the 22nd Knesset in exchange for a ministry in the next government.

Speaking with Galei Tzahal Tuesday morning, Feiglin said that Zehut had not accepted any offers yet from the Likud, but added that if an offer that was “too good to pass up” was made, he would bring the matter to a vote within the party.

“I promised that we would run till the end,” said Feiglin. “Offers have been made from all different sources all the time, but right now no deal has been made. But if we get an offer that is too good to pass up, I’ll bring it up as a referendum among party members.”

On Monday it was reported that the Likud was pressuring the Zehut party to drop out of the race, so as to avoid wasting right-wing votes on a party which, according to the most recent polls, will not cross the 3.25% electoral threshold.

According to the reports, the Likud offered to cover Zehut’s three-million-shekel debt, adopt part of Zehut’s platform – including decriminalization of marijuana – and appointing Feiglin as a minister in the next government in exchange for the party’s dropping out.

Zehut has polled between 1.4% and 2.9% in all surveys published in August, with an average of 2.0% - well below the 3.25% threshold.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 10:56:27 AM »
I dunno, Arutz Sheva is the mouthpiece of the other religious right parties.   This is what THEY want, and the message they are putting out.  It doesn't necessarily make it true.

See below:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/268109

'Feiglin will be a minister in the next government'
Prime Minister Netanyahu unveils deal with Zehut chairman Moshe Feiglin, hails partnership with Feiglin for free-markets, medical marijuana.

David Rosenberg, 29/08/19 17:50

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu spoke at a joint press conference with Zehut chairman Moshe Feiglin Thursday at the Kfar Maccabiah Hotel in Ramat Gan, after the two brokered a deal for Zehut to bow out of the Knesset race in exchange for a ministry in the next government.

During his address, Netanyahu said that “for the first time” in 25 years he and former Likud MK Moshe Feiglin found common ground and “really spoke to one another”, citing their shared support of free-market economics.

“We realized something that we knew, but hadn’t fully appreciated - that we are both committed to promoting free-market economics, lowering taxes, encouraging competition. We both support personal liberty and reducing government regulation.- you all know how hard I’ve worked in that regard – ending government interference that harms citizens and business owners, especially small-business owners. We both agree on a series of actions to reduce the cost of living.”

Netanyahu also voiced support for reforms to expand the availability of medicinal marijuana, a long-time demand of Zehut, which also promotes full decriminalization of the drug.

The Prime Minister also vowed to appoint Feiglin as a minister in the next government, calling him a “loyal ally”.

“I see you as a minister in the government. I view you as a loyal ally in this.”

“I really mean it. I think that we will be able to work together in an extraordinary way to accomplish these goals.”

The two agreed that the Likud would promote expanded access to medicinal marijuana in exchange for Zehut’s dropping out of the race, after polls showed the party well below the 3.25% electoral threshold – but still likely to draw tens of thousands of votes, mostly from the right-wing.

Tags:

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 06:03:41 PM »
See below:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/268109

'Feiglin will be a minister in the next government'
Prime Minister Netanyahu unveils deal with Zehut chairman Moshe Feiglin, hails partnership with Feiglin for free-markets, medical marijuana.

David Rosenberg, 29/08/19 17:50

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu spoke at a joint press conference with Zehut chairman Moshe Feiglin Thursday at the Kfar Maccabiah Hotel in Ramat Gan, after the two brokered a deal for Zehut to bow out of the Knesset race in exchange for a ministry in the next government.

During his address, Netanyahu said that “for the first time” in 25 years he and former Likud MK Moshe Feiglin found common ground and “really spoke to one another”, citing their shared support of free-market economics.

“We realized something that we knew, but hadn’t fully appreciated - that we are both committed to promoting free-market economics, lowering taxes, encouraging competition. We both support personal liberty and reducing government regulation.- you all know how hard I’ve worked in that regard – ending government interference that harms citizens and business owners, especially small-business owners. We both agree on a series of actions to reduce the cost of living.”

Netanyahu also voiced support for reforms to expand the availability of medicinal marijuana, a long-time demand of Zehut, which also promotes full decriminalization of the drug.

The Prime Minister also vowed to appoint Feiglin as a minister in the next government, calling him a “loyal ally”.

“I see you as a minister in the government. I view you as a loyal ally in this.”

“I really mean it. I think that we will be able to work together in an extraordinary way to accomplish these goals.”

The two agreed that the Likud would promote expanded access to medicinal marijuana in exchange for Zehut’s dropping out of the race, after polls showed the party well below the 3.25% electoral threshold – but still likely to draw tens of thousands of votes, mostly from the right-wing.

Tags:

My original comment was to the article you cited saying "Feiglin must not miss out on cabinet role" - Ie instructing what Feiglin should do.  I took that with a grain of salt because it is Yamina that desperately wants this to happen in order to receive the Zehut votes for itself.  That's why I suggested Arutz Sheva shouldn't be the authority on what Feiglin should or shouldn't do, as if they care about him.
That is the explanation of my comment.  Not saying it could never happen.

Now, as the situation currently stands, a real offer came from Bibi, and it is being put up for referendum among registered Zehut voters.   So Feiglin's party will ultimately decide whether he will accept that deal and be out of the election or not.   In light of this, it does appear that Feiglin thinks it could be a good idea for him too.