0 (0%)
Renaissance
1 (20%)
Super hi-tech modern
2 (40%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: What type of architecture do you like?  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
What type of architecture do you like?
« on: September 24, 2007, 04:18:17 PM »
I like them all in their own way..

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: What type of architecture do you like?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 04:23:20 PM »
I like all exept Super hi-tech modern; its good for robots.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 05:13:06 PM »
Well when I say super hi-tech modern, I mean brand new high-rise buildings...

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 08:34:20 PM »
I like architecture a lot...I recently started researching it as a hobby.

For home architecture, I'd say I don't like any one style in particular...I'd like to do a mix of the best elements of different designs without making it look gaudy. 

For the exterior, I would probably like something with a lot of stone, to make it sort of fortress like, but also have it stylized to the point that women would appreciate it.

I think you can mix a lot of ancient stone castle type stuff with a modern/futuristic look and have it look good.

I have even seen elements of 'crack-houses' that I think would be cool to incorporate into my design, such as one way windows (I think the crack house ones may have been bullet-proof but whatever) lol.

As for log cabin stuff, big beams of wood are cool, especially if they are still round and might be good with the stone.

Also lots of gardens would be neat.

The elements of Roman stuff I like are things like are fountains and pools (not too into marble though), but I also like KOI ponds (Japanese) and bamboo.

As for futuristic/high tech stuff, it would be nice to have good technology such as security, sound, and home theatre...and also maybe some high-tech eco-design stuff if it could blend in (solar)...but other than that, not too much futuristic stuff.

Also, depending on where you live, let's not forget lazer turrets in the case of left wing protestor scum from Europe trying to steal your crops (such as in Israel), and maybe some sort of non-lethal deterant system in case of 'disengagements'.

Also, if I had dogs, I would have an outdoor area for them...I think I agree with the halacha about not having pets in the house, so if I did have some, I would make a really nice area for them.