Author Topic: Affirmative Action Football Fight  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Affirmative Action Football Fight
« on: November 19, 2019, 12:34:17 PM »
The Browns player is suspended for the rest of the year for his affirmative action actions on the field. Blacks are good at sports but many are unqualified for the job since they often cause penalties not related to the actual game such as taunting or in this case, assault. I think one year, the Browns lost a playoff game because of an affirmative action taunting penalty.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2019-11-14/things-get-heated-as-browns-beat-steelers-in-a-game-that-ended-with-a-brawl

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Affirmative Action Football Fight
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 08:23:03 PM »
Football is the worst sport on the planet.  No one ever complains how long the games go.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 11:06:04 PM »
Football is the worst sport on the planet.  No one ever complains how long the games go.

People complain that baseball takes too long but they are trying to dumb it down with analytics and other garbage such as silly rules that are not part of baseball. Baseball is a game of traditions and they try to dumb it down for people who have a low attention span.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 12:04:23 PM »

People complain that baseball takes too long but they are trying to dumb it down with analytics and other garbage such as silly rules that are not part of baseball. Baseball is a game of traditions and they try to dumb it down for people who have a low attention span.
To add to your point, no one complains about how long a football game goes.  In the LSU Alabama game it went nearly 4 hours.  Where were the complaints? 

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 11:03:16 PM »
To add to your point, no one complains about how long a football game goes.  In the LSU Alabama game it went nearly 4 hours.  Where were the complaints?

I played defensive back for my city. I got to smash quarterbacks and one time I blocked the free kick after their touchdown. Football is an awesome game, as long as I stay in the rules I crush who I please. Your problem with it is it is too long? So like you like the first half, or it's boring the whole time to you?

I utterly loathe watching sports period unless it's to analyze for strategic purposes. But playing football is awesome, there is smashing of heads.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 11:08:56 PM »
Also a fight is a fight, idk what it has to do with affirmative action. Hockey has fights all the time and it's just part of the game. They can make a penalty box for football or something. The announcers are acting like before the fight this was the example for all Americans to emulate, and then after he brought down the economy and military. Some of the people on the field are 18 19, they were 15 only 3 or 4 years ago, they aren't role models and no one is going to shoot their school because a football player had a fight with another.

If you want to talk about the juicing problems in professional sports and the ill-placed aggression that brings, now we have a useful conversation. As for their kerfuffle, what exactly is anyone here proposing to keep this from happening again.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 01:22:14 AM »
Like in hockey the refs start announcing it like it's a boxing match. They don't go all pansy like the NFL and say "this is the greatest tragedy of the century, two guys on football teams are fighting. Our children's children will hold a moment of silence on this day forever".

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 03:59:52 AM »
It's not affirmative action since the offender was severely penalized. There is no policy of affirmative action in professional sports leagues when it comes to hiring players. I am pretty sure there is some when it comes to off the field jobs just like any corporation out there.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 11:00:46 PM »
It's not affirmative action since the offender was severely penalized. There is no policy of affirmative action in professional sports leagues when it comes to hiring players. I am pretty sure there is some when it comes to off the field jobs just like any corporation out there.

True. The players are hired based on merit. The OP is reaching.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 05:48:00 PM »
I played defensive back for my city. I got to smash quarterbacks and one time I blocked the free kick after their touchdown. Football is an awesome game, as long as I stay in the rules I crush who I please. Your problem with it is it is too long? So like you like the first half, or it's boring the whole time to you?

I utterly loathe watching sports period unless it's to analyze for strategic purposes. But playing football is awesome, there is smashing of heads.
I hate the whole sport of football as a whole.