Author Topic: The pledge of allegiance  (Read 7876 times)

Erica

Re: The pledge of allegiance
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 01:36:48 AM »
Is it still said in the public schools?
Yes.

Erica

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 01:39:00 AM »
Last I heard America wanted to change the words to the pledge to appease the atheists. Thank G-d that never happend!
No. That was noise from parents who didn't want their children to say "God" while in school (i.e., ...One Nation...Under God...) ::) I love that the Pledge of Alligiance is a part of the school day. That and singing "My Country Tis Of Thee". (Sorry, I was revisiting my childhood.)

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 03:23:13 AM »
Last I heard America wanted to change the words to the pledge to appease the atheists. Thank G-d that never happend!
No. That was noise from parents who didn't want their children to say "G-d" while in school (i.e., ...One Nation...Under G-d...) ::) I love that the Pledge of Alligiance is a part of the school day. That and singing "My Country Tis Of Thee". (Sorry, I was revisiting my childhood.)
There was developing legislation on this very topic, but it was so foolish, a bill never came of it.

Erica

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 05:25:55 AM »
No. That was noise from parents who didn't want their children to say "G-d" while in school (i.e., ...One Nation...Under G-d...) ::) I love that the Pledge of Alligiance is a part of the school day. That and singing "My Country Tis Of Thee". (Sorry, I was revisiting my childhood.)
There was developing legislation on this very topic, but it was so foolish, a bill never came of it.
That's stupid. They're trying to erase what most Americans, even some blacks and others who dont' know the words to the National Anthem stand for. Yes, there are people who stand, put their right hands over their hearts, and don't know the National Anthem but they love their country.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2007, 06:44:55 AM »
I guess I must be getting really old and the world must be just totally different now. I can't understand how this is even a question. Why would any American citizen have a problem with the Pledge of Allegiance. When I was in grade school each morning the principal use the public address system and started the day off with the entire school saying the pledge. Back then you had better have stood up and take part like it or not or you were going to be in trouble with the teacher and the principal and you more than likely were going to get you a-s kicked by your fellow classmates after school.  Have the pod people come like in the Invasion Of The Body Snatchers movie and taken all the Americans away? I know America is not what it use to be and people are better informed on the issues today so its easy to become disenchanted with our government. The thing is without that pledge we fall into the one world order is thats what people want who don't care to say the pledge? When I went to school each and every classroom had a flag in a flag holder mounted over the blackboard. I have visited some schools now days and I was distressed to see most classes have no flag in them  or if they did it was a small paper one mounted on a bulletin board. I really believe the one worlders have more to do with this then meets the eye. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 06:46:46 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

bullcat jr.

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 06:57:18 AM »
We still say it every morning in my school.
In my first school we sang a patriotic song every morning.
I love the pledge and the songs!

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 07:08:37 AM »
Quote from: cjd link=topic=9195.msg91934#msg91934 date=
I guess I must be getting really old and the world must be just totally different now. I can't understand how this is even a question. Why would any American citizen have a problem with the Pledge of Allegiance. When I was in grade school each morning the principal use the public address system and started the day off with the entire school saying the pledge. Back then you had better have stood up and take part like it or not or you were going to be in trouble with the teacher and the principal and you more than likely were going to get you a-s kicked by your fellow classmates after school.  Have the pod people come like in the Invasion Of The Body Snatchers movie and taken all the Americans away? I know America is not what it use to be and people are better informed on the issues today so its easy to become disenchanted with our government. The thing is without that pledge we fall into the one world order is thats what people want who don't care to say the pledge? When I went to school each and every classroom had a flag in a flag holder mounted over the blackboard. I have visited some schools now days and I was distressed to see most classes have no flag in them  or if they did it was a small paper one mounted on a bulletin board. I really believe the one worlders have more to do with this then meets the eye. 
This is what I remember also.  All the classrooms had a flag.  In the morning we would stand, hand over heart, and recite the pledge.
Back then you had better have stood up and take part like it or not or you were going to be in trouble with the teacher and the principal and you more than likely were going to get you a-s kicked by your fellow classmates after school.
Taking part was never an issue.  I never remember any visits from the ACLU or parents objecting to G-d or patriotism.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

newman

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 07:09:08 AM »
We still say it every morning in my school.
In my first school we sang a patriotic song every morning.
I love the pledge and the songs!

Aren't you your mother's girl? :D

kellymaureen

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 07:42:30 AM »
We always said it in school.  If people are scared of their kids saying the pledge because "God" is in it, it stands to reason they should be afraid to spend those good old US dollars which also say "God" on them...I would be more than happy to take those wicked wicked dollars off their hands ;D I always try to be helpful:P

newman

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 07:51:26 AM »
I can't understand the peverse 'logic' of the liberal.

The USA is the ONLY country with real free speech, real equallity, real freedom and the right to own weapons for people to defend themselves with against their own government. It's the ONLY really FREE country. Yet (according to the liberals) pledging allegiance to it is a violation of somebody's rights! ???

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 08:29:22 AM »
We always said it in school.  If people are scared of their kids saying the pledge because "G-d" is in it, it stands to reason they should be afraid to spend those good old US dollars which also say "G-d" on them...I would be more than happy to take those wicked wicked dollars off their hands ;D I always try to be helpful:P
I see what your saying however the evil animals that object to the fact that IN G-d We Trust is on the dollar are to wrapped up in themselves to really care about  the small print on the bill that invokes G-d's grace. All they know is that there should not be anything anywhere that will keep the American people united and   the last thing they want is to be reminded of G-d.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 10:45:15 AM »
American people are very Patriotic. Nothing of the sort takes place here in England but it some catholic/church of england schools, they sing hymns.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 01:37:30 PM »
We have national emblems in every class; and since 1989 the crosses on walls; and lesson are started by Lord's preyer; and this goverment reintroduced school uniforms; But Americans are indeed very patriotic; I never saw so many national flags flied by citisens on their houses; without any order in any country in the world.   
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 02:00:19 PM »
American people are very Patriotic. Nothing of the sort takes place here in England but it some catholic/church of england schools, they sing hymns.
Not any more. American people used to be patriotic back in the '50's! Patrotism was resurrected for a short-lived stint as a fad after 9/11, but it soon faded away like most fads.

Most liberal morons don't care what happens to this country. They don't do anything to stop the evils, so, they must not care.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 03:09:54 PM »
After 9/11,I took the flag bumper sticker off my car because,Those who went out and bought their new [Chinese made]American   flags are nothing more than sunny day patriots.Where are all the car flags now?True patriots are a minority these days.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2007, 04:25:15 AM »
At a school in Colorodo, some students walk out of their classes each day in protest.  They have attempted to change the words and make their own pledge.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2007, 04:42:29 AM »
At a school in Colorodo, some students walk out of their classes each day in protest.  They have attempted to change the words and make their own pledge.

Deport them to Mexico, Africa or Canaan aka Canada. ::) ;D
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2007, 05:09:23 AM »
They don't say "G-d" in New York City schools now..

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2007, 05:26:40 AM »
Gone in Canada.  When I was in Elementary School we used to sing G-d save the Queen and Oh Canada.  Both have been exterminated from Canadian Public Academia to show you where we are headed...

That is a terrible and despicable thing to happen. 
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .