Author Topic: Democrates want to limit Trumps "war power" Congress resolution  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Democrates want to limit Trumps "war power" Congress resolution
« on: January 06, 2020, 12:03:52 AM »
As Members of Congress, our first responsibility is to keep the American people safe. For this reason, we are concerned that the Administration took this action without the consultation of Congress and without respect for Congress’s war powers granted to it by the Constitution.
This week, the House will introduce and vote on a War Powers Resolution to limit the President’s military actions regarding Iran. This resolution is similar to the resolution introduced by Senator Tim Kaine in the Senate. It reasserts Congress’s long-established oversight responsibilities by mandating that if no further Congressional action is taken, the Administration’s military hostilities with regard to Iran cease within 30 days."

https://edition.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/us-iran-soleimani-tensions-live-intl-01-05-20/index.html
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Democrates want to limit Trumps "war power" Congress resolution
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 12:09:28 AM »
Could have enacted six of these on Obama. Regardless, 30 days is enough to turn the dust under the pile of rubble Iran was to dust too, I guess that's OK if he uses em.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 12:23:14 AM »
Could have enacted six of these on Obama. Regardless, 30 days is enough to turn the dust under the pile of rubble Iran was to dust too, I guess that's OK if he uses em.

Right he must now make well use of the 30 days.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 02:08:15 AM »
Actually all stops must be pulled to oppose this. Next week if someone attacks America democrats like, they can block him. It sets an unbearably dangerous precedent.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 04:27:41 AM »
These congressmen are bought and paid for by Iran!

I was thinking something along the lines, but in the future, an enemy's military budget can consist largely of bribes to congressmen and castrate America at will.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member