Author Topic: Personality Test From Heaven (MUST WATCH & RELEARN FOR ALL)  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Personality Test From Heaven (MUST WATCH & RELEARN FOR ALL)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 11:22:12 PM »
This perkei avos I have thought long and hard on. So I would fall into the hard to anger hard to forgive category, except that I don't actually want to hold anything against anyone I just don't know what forgiveness is or how to do it. I'll replay everything that has ever happened to me in my life over in my head say at least over every month, and it's vivid to the point where I feel everything happening again and again. In the same moment again, for some things I've grown and react differently when I experience the memory again, but for most same desire to destroy their world. I don't know what I'd do even now, and whatever anyone did I trust them to always do regardless of anything they say. I don't hold hate in my heart to anyone that apologized, but if someone didn't, I have no idea how to let go of a tiny frustration, much less some cruelty. I know this isn't logical, I need forgiveness too and have changed in many ways on a daily basis for years. I read hilchot teshuva but it didn't really tell me anything to answer this.

Like a snitch. I see someone that snitched, he's lucky to live, a lying snitch and everything he loves is. How can I forgive or ever see a snitch as anything but a rat and hate him?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 06:08:11 AM »
This perkei avos I have thought long and hard on. So I would fall into the hard to anger hard to forgive category, except that I don't actually want to hold anything against anyone I just don't know what forgiveness is or how to do it. I'll replay everything that has ever happened to me in my life over in my head say at least over every month, and it's vivid to the point where I feel everything happening again and again. In the same moment again, for some things I've grown and react differently when I experience the memory again, but for most same desire to destroy their world. I don't know what I'd do even now, and whatever anyone did I trust them to always do regardless of anything they say. I don't hold hate in my heart to anyone that apologized, but if someone didn't, I have no idea how to let go of a tiny frustration, much less some cruelty. I know this isn't logical, I need forgiveness too and have changed in many ways on a daily basis for years. I read hilchot teshuva but it didn't really tell me anything to answer this.

Like a snitch. I see someone that snitched, he's lucky to live, a lying snitch and everything he loves is. How can I forgive or ever see a snitch as anything but a rat and hate him?
Can Torah study can turn away anger and correct character traits for Gentiles the same way it does for Jews? We are not commanded to study Torah. What is your opinion on this subject?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 07:45:21 AM »
Can Torah study can turn away anger and correct character traits for Gentiles the same way it does for Jews? We are not commanded to study Torah. What is your opinion on this subject?

According to the Rambam, Noachides must be pious and study Torah related to their laws - which would fill infinite lifetimes to accomplish - if you like going to heaven, so that's almost as obligated as it gets. Yes, if you do it properly Torah will cure a dull mind and a cruel heart. It only has good effects on society. In this regard I changed to the point where I want to forgive people, but I still have not found out how.

Offline Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 04:21:04 AM »
According to the Rambam, Noachides must be pious and study Torah related to their laws - which would fill infinite lifetimes to accomplish - if you like going to heaven, so that's almost as obligated as it gets. Yes, if you do it properly Torah will cure a dull mind and a cruel heart. It only has good effects on society. In this regard I changed to the point where I want to forgive people, but I still have not found out how.
It is good to hear that Torah can cure even Gentile's mind. Also everyone should associate with good people and learn from their ways.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 03:27:45 AM »
It is good to hear that Torah can cure even Gentile's mind. Also everyone should associate with good people and learn from their ways.

Even watered down and filled with wanton textual corruptions that change the meaning in many places like Catholics do, still you can see that what Torah they left had a profound influence on any society it touched. You can see negatives from their stupidity too, fine, but even a taste of Torah awakens the soul to hunger for more. The real deal of course.

The people around you influence you. Torah you don't learn, you recognize truth that Hashem teaches you. Being around Him has a very profound influence.