Author Topic: 5 billion pirate treasure is waiting for the one who can read this  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member

Picture source: Scienceblogs.de

The newspaper WELT is has just reported about this.

Story short: There was a pirate in the 18th centure called La Buse. He stole from the Portugese 5 Billion in gold and diamonds, what was never found. He was caught 1730 on Madagaskar. He was sentenced to death and executed. Before he was hanged, he throw this document towards the viewers and said: He, who can read this will get my treasure.

https://www.welt.de/geschichte/article205111502/Piraten-Schatz-Wer-das-versteht-hat-den-Schluessel-zu-fuenf-Milliarden-Euro.html

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
Re: 5 billion pirate treasure is waiting for the one who can read this
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 06:00:55 PM »
I guess you just need to identify the symbols with an existing  alphabet, it doesn't sound different as searching for hieroglyph at first sight. You only need to find the key of the whole structure.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 07:47:27 PM »
I would make up some crap like that so they think I'll tell them where the money is and not kill me. At any rate for english codefinding, the most common letter is e and then a and the most common word is the, so you look for those as the key.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 03:17:25 AM »
Israel & Yehuda, I think this are the first steps. But the language should be French, because the guy was a frenchman.

I think too, that this was already done with small results, because the gold is still hidden.

From the army I remember, that we had some kind of templates, that you put over the text. It is written quite semetric.

Another method was intervall counting and a matrix (i.e. A1 is b2)

But perhaps there is no content at all in it and it was his last way to make fun of the people who killed him.  :::D

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani